View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dolphins undergo “paradigm shift” in free agency 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins undergo “paradigm shift” in free agency
If this article approach has any merit, besides getting a guy like Wallace and the true number one receiver, I would hope Miami would also consider Danny Amendola as a poor boy version and younger clone of Wes Welker. I know Amendola has had injury problems the past two years, but he probably won't cost a ton and all this kid does is get open and catch the ball & he is good return guy too. He creates a lot of problems underneath against linebackers and IMO he is better than Bess and even with Bess on the team, Miami can certainly not hurt with being loaded up on good receivers for once.

PFT Article:

As the Dolphins chase receiver Mike Wallace — a fairly obvious target for a team that doesn’t have enough of them in its passing game — he may not be the only guy the Fins pursue, or catch.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald explains that the Dolphins are in the midst of a free agency “paradigm shift,” which will cause them to explore players they previously would have ignored.

Salguero points to the fact that the Dolphins are interested in 37-year-old defensive back Charles Woodson and could be ready to make a run at 32-year-old receiver Wes Welker. In the past, the Dolphins wouldn’t have been able to get past the advanced age of free agents.

But why the change? Salguero doesn’t offer a specific reason, but here’s the most likely reality. Apart from the boost that big names can bring to a stadium with large, glaring patches of orange emptiness, the Dolphins eventually need to persuade a skeptical electorate to show up and vote “yes” for the use of public money to renovate SunLife Stadium.

What better way to do that than to spend a bunch of money on big-name players and hope this will create the kind of excitement that not only sells tickets but also buys votes?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ee-agency/

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:06 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins undergo “paradigm shift” in free agency
They need to realize that there will always be those orange empty seats because the fan base down here just sucks & if they way to get their stadium needs filled they need to dupe the electorate & public like the Heat & Marlins did. Seems like a pretty easy task. They better hurry though because there is a Dade / Broward badminton team that wants a 75,000 seat stadium.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse, I hope they bring the seats closer to the field and bring back the "Orange Bowl" effect as Ross promised to do for this upcoming season.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Finhead34 wrote:
FINesse, I hope they bring the seats closer to the field and bring back the "Orange Bowl" effect as Ross promised to do for this upcoming season.

I hope so as well but I hope he pays for it. My kids school cannot afford to hire teachers , enough with the state helping billionaires.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
What better way to do that than to spend a bunch of money on big-name players and hope this will create the kind of excitement that not only sells tickets but also buys votes?/

What about spending a bit on a big name or two, drafting some young impact talent, & building a winning regime that will last & keep fans interested in a dynasty?

I think the "Orange Bowl effect" is an awesome idea

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:09 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Wins = ticket sales

Eagles made a bunch of big moves and it blew up in their face.. Lets hope they stick to players that fit the system regardless of name..

Could be more smoke screens too...

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't see how we could afford Welker, Winston, and Wallace? Wouldn't that eat most of our cap space right there? We still need another pass rusher (Freeney got anything left in the tank?), a pair of corners, a safety, and a TE. Some of that can be addressed through the draft, but some needs to be done in FA still.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]