View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Dolphins should (probably) wave goodbye to Smith, Long, Bush 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins should (probably) wave goodbye to Smith, Long, Bush
Quote:
By Chris Perkins

12:53 p.m. EST, March 4, 2013

Free agency goes from theory to reality this week, and that means it might be time for the Dolphins to part with some key players.

Even if these key free agents offer to return at what the players might consider a reasonable salary -- for argument’s sake, let’s say Bush would return for $4 million a year, Hartline for $5 million, Smith for $7 million, and Long for $8 million – the team probably doesn’t improve.

We know this much, the past few years have proved Miami’s playmakers aren’t good enough to get them to the playoffs. Cost-effective salaries won’t change that, it only makes them more affordable. That’s why it’s time to shake things up, change the roster at key positions.

For $6 million, I’d keep Smith. For $7 million or more, I’d let him go.

If Long wants to return at $7 million, a price that would likely be considered an insult, you keep him. Any more, let him go.

I’d be more comfortable giving Hartline $4 million. However, both sides would probably be happy at $5 million a year. Keep him.

Bush is the toughest. ... I’d probably keep him at $3 million but let him go at $4 million.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ory?page=1

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]