Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:02 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11167
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
The Dolphins have opened contract talks with impending free agent DT Randy Starks and "made it clear" they want him back.
The sides "aren't close" to a deal, but they have until March to hammer one out. Should the Fins not get Starks re-signed before the March 12 start of free agency, they could kick RE Jared Odrick inside to tackle and give Olivier Vernon a long look at end. Vernon posted 3.5 sacks in limited duty as a rookie.



-Rotoworld


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:08 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5440
Location: Columbia, SC
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
The Dolphins have opened contract talks with impending free agent DT Randy Starks and "made it clear" they want him back.
The sides "aren't close" to a deal, but they have until March to hammer one out. Should the Fins not get Starks re-signed before the March 12 start of free agency, they could kick RE Jared Odrick inside to tackle and give Olivier Vernon a long look at end. Vernon posted 3.5 sacks in limited duty as a rookie.



-Rotoworld



Glad to see this news....

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Part of me hopes they don't resign him so that Odrick will kick inside, forcing them to invest in a DE.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11167
Location: Lancaster, PA
not me, i want 3 strong DT's and 3 strong DE's


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
swerve13 wrote:
not me, i want 3 strong DT's and 3 strong DE's

That would be optimal.

Either way Odrick better kick inside.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5440
Location: Columbia, SC
Phins Rock wrote:
Part of me hopes they don't resign him so that Odrick will kick inside, forcing them to invest in a DE.



Why would signing Starks not make the Dolphins invest in a pass rushing DE. Odrick is solid, but he is not the impact pass rush DE the Dolphins need. He better inside with Randy on 3rd rushing from inside.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1013
Not sure if Tony Mac is a FA. But, I think I remember him being one. Let him walk and move Odrick inside to Rotate with Starks. Odrick's flexibility will be a good thing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
I hope we're able to work out a deal. Starks is a key piece of our interior line.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5440
Location: Columbia, SC
hypocritex wrote:
Not sure if Tony Mac is a FA. But, I think I remember him being one. Let him walk and move Odrick inside to Rotate with Starks. Odrick's flexibility will be a good thing.


Tony McDaniel is a FA, and I agree about letting him walk. Sign Randy.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Yes!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
phinsfansc wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Not sure if Tony Mac is a FA. But, I think I remember him being one. Let him walk and move Odrick inside to Rotate with Starks. Odrick's flexibility will be a good thing.


Tony McDaniel is a FA, and I agree about letting him walk. Sign Randy.

Forgot T-Mac is also a free agent.

Forget what I said. Bring Randy back.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10acjed, Big Dave, Bing [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | DVGFX2 by: Prosk8er ©