View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 My take on Ross, Wallace, Jennings, Bowe Read more here: ht 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post My take on Ross, Wallace, Jennings, Bowe Read more here: ht
Frankly, I left Monday's talk not knowing if the Dolphins -- a team with approximately $46.8 million in salary cap space this offseason -- are expecting to be a big player in free agency or not.

In one breath, Ross said he'll pay whatever it takes to get a player. In the next breath he said free agency is not the answer. Sooo, the message was a little garbled.

I guess I'm just a poor immigrant that no understandy Inglich goot.

After writing my column Monday evening, I heard from a Dolphins employe in the know who told me the Dolphins will absolutely dive into free agency and happily pay top dollar for top-tier talent in free agency. He told me that is what Ross meant to say.

I hope that is true.

We'll see.

I hope the Dolphins pick the best deep-threat receiver in free agency and sign him. Yes, that to me would be Mike Wallace. (And yes, he drops some). But I like the idea of Miami not needing 14-play drives every time on offense to score touchdowns. This team needs a 50-, 60- and 75-yard bomb over the top of the defense every once in a while.

Explosive plays on offense make me write happy.

Most great teams have them.

The Dolphins have very few.

Mando unhappy with few.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: My take on Ross, Wallace, Jennings, Bowe Read more here: ht
What I took from reading the notes is that you do your due diligence on the free agents. I they are that good, still hungry and aren't on the market because they are damaged goods, you go for it.

It seemed like a promise to go after a guy or two, but they have to find the right guys.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: My take on Ross, Wallace, Jennings, Bowe Read more here: ht
I hope we simply re-sign/re-structure all of our vets, sign all of our draft picks, and fill any remaining holes through free agency. I'm not really a big fan of us making a big splash in free agency this year. These kinds of deals have rarely worked out for us. It's usually the smaller, less noteworthy deals that have worked out the best (ie Wake, Bess, Starks, etc.).

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]