View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Revisiting the 10 offseason questions about the Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Revisiting the 10 offseason questions about the Dolphins
Quote:
By Omar Kelly Sun Sentinel

3:11 p.m. EST, January 2, 2013

Sometimes we forget what we say so its always good to write it down.

I don't really have that problem considering everything I write about the Miami Dolphins is archived. That helps when we're trying to assess what was achieved in 2012, which is what this month is all about.

I dug up my "Unanswered Questions" breakdown, which was written on May 13, 2012 to see what we discovered this season about the Dolphins.

Let us go through them together.

1. Who will start at quarterback? ... Tannehill was steady executing his old Texas A&M offense, but statistically unimpressive. However, he showed plenty of upside in his first season as a starter.

10. Can Joe Philbin, who is a first-time head coach on any level, command the locker room?

Well, this question deserves an incomplete for now. Philbin clearly isn't as mild-mannered as I initially thought. He has an edge to him. But his approach wasn't always received, or welcomed by the players. It is clear he's not a player's coach, and doesn't have the type of personality to motivate and inspire. He's in the process of building his culture, and that takes time. But there are some concerns that the approach which worked in Green Bay might not fit South Florida, or the Dolphins. Only time will tell. But I'm not sure Philbin or his coaching staff has gained the trust and respect they seek from the locker room because at times it was obvious the coaching staff handcuffed the team.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 6666.story

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]