View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ryan Tannehill joins Dolphins' 3,000-yard club 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Ryan Tannehill joins Dolphins' 3,000-yard club
Ryan Tannehill joins Dolphins' 3,000-yard club
Quote:
MIAMI GARDENS - Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill became the fifth quarterback in franchise history to throw for more than 3,000 yards in a season.

Tannehill, a 2012 first-round pick who has started every game for the Dolphins in his rookie season, passed the 3,000-yard mark on a 30-yard completion to fellow rookie Rishard Matthews late in the second quarter.

Tannehill joins Dan Marino, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne and Jay Fielder in the 3,000 yard club.

Ironically, on that same drive that got him over 3,000 passing yards Tannehill set a record for the longest run by a quarterback, gaining 31-yards on a scramble, eclipsing a record set by Pat White in 2009.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9947.story

Nothing earth shattering, but still noteworthy. Tannehill by the looks of things seems to have powered through the rookie wall and is looking strong as of late. Hopefully he can continue to play well and finish the year strong. A win in New England would finish the season on a good note.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Ryan Tannehill joins Dolphins' 3,000-yard club
Cool. He joins a Motley Crew & a Legend, as a rookie . . .

That longest run record is hilarious by todays young QB standards but hey, I'm glad to have it. Especially since I don't want White holding any of our records lol

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
Cool. He joins a Motley Crew & a Legend, as a rookie . . .

That longest run record is hilarious by todays young QB standards but hey, I'm glad to have it. Especially since I don't want White holding any of our records lol

It's funny, you'd think someone else would have had that record, or that it would be much larger than that. But I guess we really haven't had any overly mobile quarterbacks in team history. Griese and Marino were far from scramblers. The mass jumble that followed were a mix of assorted failed pocket passers. Tannehill is by far (outside of Pat White) the most mobile quarterback in team history just thinking of guys off the top of my head. Guys like Cleo Lemon and Tyler Thigpen were somewhat mobile, but that's about it.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Surprised Woodley doesn't have a run that far.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]