View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Reggie vs the Bills 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Reggie vs the Bills
65 rushing yards, 42 receiving, & 3 TDs

Are our coaches just now getting the point?

I personally think he is worth bringing back if they plan to use him properly in the offense. That roll out pass should've been used all season long. And the basket catch was mostly a perfect pass from Tanny but still a great catch by Reggie.

The Don never would have let a guy this talented & hard working, walk

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Reggie vs the Bills
I agree, been saying it all year. I can see he and Wallace really opening things up next year with Miller waiting in the wings.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is why Miller needs to see the field more. You get a chance to be more creative with Bush, and still run the football explosively with Miller.

Those two on the field at the same time is lethal.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:40 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
This is why Miller needs to see the field more. You get a chance to be more creative with Bush, and still run the football explosively with Miller.

I agree that Lamar Miller needs to be on the field more, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Mike Sherman has not used Reggie Bush nearly enough in the passing game.

Good coaches know how to use the personnel they have and not be so sold on a particular offense, aka the West Coast offense. Sherman has been a disappointment from that aspect, and you are now finally starting to see Reggie more in the passing game.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bush had a great game, but also give credit to Tannehill for making the throws and Sherman for dialing up the play. Well called and well executed on all accounts.

We've got to remember, Philbin is a rookie head coach, and Sherman is coaching in the NFL for the first time in several years. There was going to be an adjustment period.

We saw the Jets the first time, and we lost a hearbreaker. We saw the Jets a second time, we stomped them out and dominated. We saw the Bills the first time, and we lost another heartbreaker where we shot ourselves in the foot badly. We saw the Bills a second time, we dominated, and this time it was the Bills who constantly shot themselves in the foot.

I think what we're seeing is our coaching staff getting acclimated to their new jobs, and figuring out slowly how to use the weapons they have. I like what I'v seen from our staff the past few weeks, and I think they're doing a pretty good job considering the lack of offensive weapons they're forced to work with. I mean come on, we have a rookie quarterback, a rookie left tackle, a rookie fullback, a rookie wideout, and a rookie runningback getting significant reps and we're still winning. To me, that's a sign that the future is bright.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I agree that Lamar Miller needs to be on the field more, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Mike Sherman has not used Reggie Bush nearly enough in the passing game.

Good coaches know how to use the personnel they have and not be so sold on a particular offense, aka the West Coast offense. Sherman has been a disappointment from that aspect, and you are now finally starting to see Reggie more in the passing game.

Some of that has to do with leaving a back to block because the line has been weak. Some has to do with keeping things simple for a team that just don't know this playbook. The system is just in it's first year here. With a rookie head coach.
Nevermind the lack of talent and a rookie qb. I think the coaches have done a pretty good job with this group.

Reggie is the identity of the team..I want him back

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

wkloiber13 wrote:
Bush had a great game, but also give credit to Tannehill for making the throws and Sherman for dialing up the play. Well called and well executed on all accounts.

We've got to remember, Philbin is a rookie head coach, and Sherman is coaching in the NFL for the first time in several years. There was going to be an adjustment period.

We saw the Jets the first time, and we lost a hearbreaker. We saw the Jets a second time, we stomped them out and dominated. We saw the Bills the first time, and we lost another heartbreaker where we shot ourselves in the foot badly. We saw the Bills a second time, we dominated, and this time it was the Bills who constantly shot themselves in the foot.

I think what we're seeing is our coaching staff getting acclimated to their new jobs, and figuring out slowly how to use the weapons they have. I like what I'v seen from our staff the past few weeks, and I think they're doing a pretty good job considering the lack of offensive weapons they're forced to work with. I mean come on, we have a rookie quarterback, a rookie left tackle, a rookie fullback, a rookie wideout, and a rookie runningback getting significant reps and we're still winning. To me, that's a sign that the future is bright.

I agree with most of what you have stated, but still, it took a long darn time to finally realize what some folks have been stating for a while. Reggie Bush is a weapon in the passing game, and your only true gamebreaker.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Some of that has to do with leaving a back to block because the line has been weak. Some has to do with keeping things simple for a team that just don't know this playbook. The system is just in it's first year here. With a rookie head coach.
Nevermind the lack of talent and a rookie qb. I think the coaches have done a pretty good job with this group.

Reggie is the identity of the team..I want him back

I agree that we should make a serious effort to retain Reggie Bush. When I saw him paired with Lamar Miller today I saw a bright future in our backfield. Bush today proved that he's a viable piece of the puzzle, and if properly used could be a championship piece in the future. He's only 26, he's had two productive years for us, I think he deserves to come back as well. I don't know if he's the identity of this team, I think Tannehill is emerging as our star and leader, but I agree that he is a big part of what makes our offense tick.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Bills have one of the worst D's in the league remember they''re.coached by Wandstedt. Miller and Bush are similar backs, If Reggie is offered a contract by the Dolphins it's likely to be less than what he's looking for and I don't' think he should be our premier back going forward. We need to find a good compliment to Miller, kinda like Thomas, but he's definlately a question mark.

The Team either parts way with Thomas, and takes a back by the 3rd round OR they give him another chance and bring in a veteran RB to compete. I'm thinking either Jonathan Stewart and/or Dangelo Williams from the Panthers will be available.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:11 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

shularino wrote:
Miller and Bush are similar backs, If Reggie is offered a contract by the Dolphins it's likely to be less than what he's looking for and I don't' think he should be our premier back going forward.

I'm not sure they're even considering a premier back or featuring any runner in this offense. So you're probably right about the contract. & who knows if Reggie really wants to be here or where ever the money is.

Now I like Lamar a lot & was psyched when we drafted him but I think Reggie is worth the money if the intend to use him by design. Creating plays for him they Sproles & Harvin get the ball would make our Offense dynamic & allow Tannehill to be more aggressive.

Having DT & Lamar in the backfield would really flatten our team, imo, until we found a game changing WR. & if we're planning to draft a true #1 WR then it will take some years to make it work. So we'll see which direction they want to go.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
The Bills have one of the worst D's in the league remember they''re.coached by Wandstedt. Miller and Bush are similar backs, If Reggie is offered a contract by the Dolphins it's likely to be less than what he's looking for and I don't' think he should be our premier back going forward. We need to find a good compliment to Miller, kinda like Thomas, but he's definlately a question mark.

The Team either parts way with Thomas, and takes a back by the 3rd round OR they give him another chance and bring in a veteran RB to compete. I'm thinking either Jonathan Stewart and/or Dangelo Williams from the Panthers will be available.

I think we saw today what Bush and Miller can provide as a one-two punch. 138 yards and 1 touchdown combined is pretty good. It's even better when you add in Tannehill's 44 yards. If we can consistently run the ball for over 150 yards and punch it in when we're at the goal line, then we're going to win a lot of football games. I have faith that the trio of Bush, Miller, and Thomas can get the job done. I don't have faith that our starting offensive line is up to par. I think Jake needs to go and we need to look to add more talent up front. We need guys who are capable of opening up the rushing lanes, executing the gameplan our coaches want, and protecting Tannehill and giving him time in the pocket.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

New regime and new philosophy, but yet it's still the run game that continues to be the necessary agent for this team to find consistent success offensively speaking.

I try not to get too crazy when we beat pathetic teams, but if Lamar Miller can continue running like that and we have both Miller/Bush in at the same time - that could pose a lot of problems for defenses.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
New regime and new philosophy, but yet it's still the run game that continues to be the necessary agent for this team to find consistent success offensively speaking.

I try not to get too crazy when we beat pathetic teams, but if Lamar Miller can continue running like that and we have both Miller/Bush in at the same time - that could pose a lot of problems for defenses.

You've got to admit our team has improved since the last time we saw the Bills. The last time we faced them we couldn't get over ourselves. We had multiple turnovers and Tannehill played terrible. This time we took advantage of the Bills mistakes and Tannehill played an efficient game and didn't turn the ball over. He's starting to rack up more and more touchdowns too, even without Bess, Clay, and Thomas. That game could have been a blowout. He just barely missed Hartline on a 50 yard bomb too. If Hartline is able to track that ball over his shoulder, and Tannehill puts a little bit more air under it, it would have been an easy six. I think that is a touchdown next year after those two have had more time together. But overall, even you have to admit it looks like Tannehill is finally getting over the "rookie wall" he hit a month or two ago. He hasn't thrown a pick in over a month and his touchdown to interception ratio is 6 to 1 in the last five games. That is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was two months ago when we were losing games.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]