View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Depth Paid Off For Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Depth Paid Off For Dolphins
Quote:
Before yesterday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars even began the Miami Dolphins knew they were going to be without two of their regulars – wide receiver Davone Bess and linebacker Koa Misi. What they didn’t know was how the backups were going to respond.

The answer was a positive one by the time the final whistle blew in a 24-3 victory, and not only for linebacker Jason Trusnik, who started in place of Misi, and the group of receivers that filled Bess’ role. Injuries during the game to running back Daniel Thomas, cornerback Nolan Carroll, tight end Charles Clay, safety Chris Clemons and right guard John Jerry forced more reserves into action.

Trusnik stood out on defense with three tackles (two solo) and some stellar coverage on Jaguars tight end Mercedes Lewis. His highlight came on a critical fourth-and-1 in the red zone from the Miami 15 when he came from the backside and tackled running back Montell Owens short of the first down. That marked the second of three times in the red zone the defense came up with a fourth-down stop.

“I was very pleased with Jason,” Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle said ...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 70403d8130

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Depth Paid Off For Dolphins
A credit to the coaches for having these guys ready to step in.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Depth Paid Off For Dolphins
It will be interesting to see how Josh Samuda plays the rest of the year at right guard. I was impressed with the kid during training camp and preseason. When he came in for Jerry I was honestly a little bit happy. He seems much more athletic than Jerry and I believed that he was going to take Jerry's job next year anyway. Unless of course Jerry drops 30lbs and changes his game drastically.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]