View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dolphins end Tannehill-Henne debate 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Dolphins end Tannehill-Henne debate
Dolphins end Tannehill-Henne debate
Quote:
Tannehill brings more to the table than Henne. Tannehill has better mobility, can make all the throws and appears mentally tougher to handle the ups and downs of the NFL. The last one is key, because Henne often got down on himself in games and lost confidence with the locker room, coaching staff and Dolphins fans. Henne is Jacksonville’s problem now. The Dolphins are happy to move on with Tannehill.

Tannehill remains an unknown commodity. But it's clear Miami made the right choice to move on from Henne. The fifth-year quarterback showed many of the same things for Jacksonville that got him booted out of Miami.

In contrast, the future looks bright for Tannehill, who has gone three straight games without an interception. It's still very early in Tannehill's development, but the rookie could turn out to be everything Henne was not in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... nne-debate

Couldn't agree more. While Tannehill still needs time to develop, he's definitely an upgrade over Henne.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins end Tannehill-Henne debate
Kev island.....Aloha

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dave Hyde wrote:
One thing you wanted to be able to say after Sunday is Ryan Tannehill looked better than Chad Henne. That's not exactly a big stretch. But it's important after this Dolphins 24-3 win that you could say that easily and on full merit. Tannehill picked apart a bad defense, just as he should have. It didn't start that way. In the first quarter, Tannehill completed three of six passes for 26 yards – mis-throwing to Rishard Matthews (who still should’ve caught in) on what could’ve been a touchdown. After that, Tannehill went six-of-six on an 89-yard touchdown drive and he was fine from there. He completed 11 straight at one point. He also ran eight times for 52 yards. By game's end, Tannehill completed 22 of 28 passes for 220 yards, two touchdowns and a season-high 123.2 quarterback rating. Henne was 18 of 34 for 221 yards and a 73.3 rating.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 6858.story

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

I thought the debate was Tannehill / Moore.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

lol Henne's confidence issues come from the previous coaching staff ruining him mentally. he didn't believe in himself because nobody around him did, so as soon as he made one mistake everyone went into "well s**t" mode.

I think Henne could have/can be/will be better once he can get someone to say to him "hey it is ok to mess up, you'll be fine." best of luck to the guy.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

00xtremeninja wrote:
lol Henne's confidence issues come from the previous coaching staff ruining him mentally. he didn't believe in himself because nobody around him did, so as soon as he made one mistake everyone went into "well s**t" mode.

I think Henne could have/can be/will be better once he can get someone to say to him "hey it is ok to mess up, you'll be fine." best of luck to the guy.
Well said. Best wishes to Henne. He did not get it done in Miami, but no reason to bash him. As one said in this thread. He was a class act & I wish him well. I hope he turns into one heck of a Qb for someone, if not he will have a long career as a backup well into his 30's.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:09 am

FINesse wrote:
I thought the debate was Tannehill / Moore.

I thought it was Tannehill vs whichever QB helps strengthen one's pointless and invalid argument.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yep, time to put it to bed. Goodluck Henne.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:47 am

I forgot how bad he was, and how annoying the panic check downs and happy feet were.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]