View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Miami Dolphins’ Sean Smith most targeted cornerback in NFL 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins’ Sean Smith most targeted cornerback in NFL
Quote:
BY BARRY JACKSON
bjackson@MiamiHerald.com

Sean Smith said it seems teams have been throwing at him less often than earlier in the season. And though that has been the case at times, Smith still holds the distinction of being targeted more than any cornerback in the league.

Opposing teams have thrown 99 passes with Smith in coverage and completed 55 of them for 646 yards, according to Pro Football Focus. St. Louis’ Cortland Finnegan is No. 2 on the targeted list — with 92 — but has allowed 67 to be completed.

“Sean has done some things,” coach Joe Philbin said. “I see development. I see progress.”

The 55.6 completion percentage against Smith ranks 31st among 110 corners, and the 11.7 yards per completion ranks 37th best. “I’m pleased,” Smith said. “It’s been one of my more consistent years.”

Smith has knocked away seven passes and intercepted two, but his six touchdowns allowed is tied for second most behind New Orleans’ Patrick Robinson, according to the website.

Coincidentally, PFF ranks Smith and Nolan Carroll tied for 79th among the 110 cornerbacks, with quarterbacks having an 87.4 rating in Smith’s coverage area and 87.6 in Carroll’s area.

Miami’s Jimmy Wilson ranks 88th among cornerbacks, with quarterbacks producing a 101.1 rating in his coverage area.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/14/3 ... rylink=cpy

Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]