View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Coaches Film: Breaking Down Key plays in loss to Pats 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Coaches Film: Breaking Down Key plays in loss to Pats
Great article by Ben Volin breaking down the game with pictures.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -patriots/

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Coaches Film: Breaking Down Key plays in loss to Pats
Rock Sexton wrote:

Im still reading and looking at pictures...
When does he address the missed blocks and bad decisions in the run game?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 pm
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

10acjed wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Im still reading and looking at pictures...
When does he address the missed blocks and bad decisions in the run game?

Thankfully, Omar Kelly addressed the protection issues on third down.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree that Tannehill was throwing behind his receivers on many of the crossing patterns. I agree that Tannehill overthrew Hartline early in the game. He was off most of the game.

But to say that Tannehill underthrew Hartline on the one play is BS. After the game it came out that the play call was for Hartline to come back to the ball. It wasn't a go route. Hartline changed his route and tried to go over the top. Also, the ball hit Hartline right between the numbers and he dropped it.

While I agree that he missed Fasano on the other play. I don't think he badly overthrew Hartline on that play like some people are saying. Hartline was able to catch the ball and get one foot down and drag it. If Hartline just taps his other foot it would have been a beautiful touchdown catch. Not all catches are easy ones. They aren't all going to be in the breadbasket. If Hartline wants to be considered anything more than a solid possession receiver (a good #3) then he'll need to start making catches like that. Again, I know it's a tough catch, but I see receivers make similar ones every single week when I watch SportsCenter.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh yeah....Hartline beat Talib big time....so, of course Hartline must follow the script and come back for the ball to allow Talib to make a play on it"#*!? :hithead:

He made a great adjustment and had such a big lead on Talib tat even a rookie should have been able to see it. I think he simply under threw it. Hartline almost made the catch by coming back for it and likely prevented a pick.

I guarantee Brady could have made that play....and I think Matt Moore would have made that throw as well. He was great with the deep ball last year. This season has been just one long training camp for the staff and Tannehill. Hopefully we start to see dividends next year. 7 TD's through the air is not cutting it.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Oh yeah....Hartline beat Talib big time....so, of course Hartline must follow the script and come back for the ball to allow Talib to make a play on it"#*!? :hithead:

He made a great adjustment and had such a big lead on Talib tat even a rookie should have been able to see it. I think he simply under threw it. Hartline almost made the catch by coming back for it and likely prevented a pick.

I guarantee Brady could have made that play....and I think Matt Moore would have made that throw as well. He was great with the deep ball last year. This season has been just one long training camp for the staff and Tannehill. Hopefully we start to see dividends next year. 7 TD's through the air is not cutting it.

Edleman had his man beat up the middle, nobody in front of him but refs and fans. Brady over threw it...

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brady made enough plays to win easily.....scoreboard.

I say again.....7 TD's passing is simply not enough, especially with 12 weeks,of the season gone by.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

It's hard to make the throw when your receiver is running the wrong route. Tannehill by his own admission saw what Hartline did, however, he was already too far into his throwing motion to make a change. He couldn't get enough on it at that point. Hartline came back to the ball to his credit, but he straight up dropped it. If you can't see that the ball sailed through his hands and hit him in the gut, then you're blind. That ball should have been caught. "Underthrown" or not. It was simply a play where the two weren't on the same page, largely in my opinion because Hartline ran the wrong route. As far as Matt Moore or anyone completing that pass. Probably not. Our offense requires that the receiver run his correct route and be at a certain spot on time. Hartline clearly didn't do that.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Brady made enough plays to win easily.....scoreboard.

I say again.....7 TD's passing is simply not enough, especially with 12 weeks,of the season gone by.

Actually, he didn't. Special teams and dumb penalties bailed them out. Brady didn't look that good, but in a game against a weak offense he can afford that. Tannehill and Co almost had to be perfect to win that game.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:37 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

wkloiber13 wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

It's hard to make the throw when your receiver is running the wrong route. Tannehill by his own admission saw what Hartline did, however, he was already too far into his throwing motion to make a change. He couldn't get enough on it at that point. Hartline came back to the ball to his credit, but he straight up dropped it. If you can't see that the ball sailed through his hands and hit him in the gut, then you're blind. That ball should have been caught. "Underthrown" or not. It was simply a play where the two weren't on the same page, largely in my opinion because Hartline ran the wrong route. As far as Matt Moore or anyone completing that pass. Probably not. Our offense requires that the receiver run his correct route and be at a certain spot on time. Hartline clearly didn't do that.

Yeah I agree. Yes, Tannehill missed the throw. Still, it hit Hartline in the numbers and the dude dropped the ball, and gets no crap for it. I would have been happy with a 30 yard completely in that situation, even if I was a little bummed we didn't get a TD.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]