All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm not so sure he's sticking up for himself. He was responding to the media blitz about his "poor 40 time" and forgetting his cleats. He admits to forgetting his cleats, and asks how that at all relates to football.
Well, you have to have cleats when you're on the football field. Football is about discipline...will he forget a route he's suppose to run, and then when the media calls him out for it will he say "I ain't never got in trouble with nobody!"?

Even then, he has gotten in trouble...with the NCAA. That involves football...he was suspended, from the game that he's going to be drafted for. And he wants to know what it has to do with football? Stick up for yourself, sure, but he just seemed to be mad at other people for his own mistakes....that to me is ridiculously immature.

If he thinks the critics are out line, don't come up with an argument that is contradictory to your own cause....go out and show everybody what you supposedly think is a great receiver in yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin, he had dinner with Deion Sanders and lied to the NCAA about it because he thought it was a violation. I don't think a large majority of people thought that deserved a suspension for the rest of the year, but maybe you do.

I understand the concerns and I have said that until I have turned blue in the face. I just want the Dolphins to do there due dilligence and investigate his background and baggage just like they do all players and specifically Vontae Davis. Vontae had a lot swirling around him as well.

If they don't draft him, I can live with it. But he is more than talented enough and fits the BPA if he is there at #12 for Miami. He hits one of the NEED areas for this team. He is a top 10 talent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
If they don't draft him, I can live with it. But he is more than talented enough and fits the BPA if he is there at #12 for Miami. He hits one of the NEED areas for this team. He is a top 10 talent.

I feel the same way.....if they check into his history and find some big red flags that say the kid will not get beyond his past and pass on him then so be it. If his issues are solely with immaturity and they believe he can get past them, then go get him if he's there at #12!

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2