View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Halftime Adjustments Come Fast And Furious For Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Halftime Adjustments Come Fast And Furious For Dolphins
Quote:
So much of what goes on behind the scenes of a typical football game in the National Football League has been caught on film that there is not much more left to the imagination. There is one area, however, that still holds a lot of intrigue and that’s what takes place at halftime.

Oh my goodness, I forget that you guys never get to see that stuff,” said Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake, who leads the team with 9.5 sacks. “Organized chaos is probably a good description, or precision recklessness. It feels like seven or eight minutes and not the 12 minutes that are actually on the clock. You’re literally running inside after that last play, the coaches are coming down from upstairs and you probably have a minute-and-a-half to do whatever – go to the bathroom, you’re tape’s always going to be loose and I usually retie my shoes, change my gloves, get a piece of gum, drink an energy drink and they’ve got bananas and oranges and energy foods going.

“While you’re doing that, the coaches are putting up the pictures of the plays

It’s mainly just trying to get corrections done as far as things they did different than we thought and things that are or are not working good for us,” Pro Bowl left tackle Jake Long said. “Really, it’s just a quick hit on what we’re going to do in the second half, correct any mistakes that happened and try to get a little rest. Everybody’s yelling, everybody’s coaching and trying to figure things out, so it’s definitely a little chaotic in there. We don’t make drastic changes and this week we definitely know their personnel but they are the New England Patriots so it’s going to be a big challenge for us.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 02beea9179

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]