View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Reggie runs very well but not involved in passing game 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Reggie runs very well but not involved in passing game
Quote:
Reggie runs very well but not involved in passing game

Reggie Bush rushed 14 times for 87 yards with a touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 12 win over the Seahawks.

Chalk up another "USC run" for Bush. With five minutes left in the first half, Bush broke left making a ridiculous cut he's known for and then shook a couple Seahawk defenders out of their shoes on the way to the end zone. The 87 yards are his highest rushing total since Week 2 and it's his second touchdown in the last six weeks. Bush certainly played ahead of Daniel Thomas in this game, but we can't guarantee that will happen against the Patriots in Week 13. Bush's lack of involvement in the passing game (one catch Sunday) makes him very hard to trust.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49958301/ ... ayer_news/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Reggie runs very well but not involved in passing game
That has been one of the biggest head scratchers since he has come to Miami. Why don't they throw him the ball more in space?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We typically use our backs to pick up blitzes in the passing game. Bush probably is blocking 75% of the time we're in passing formations. The rest of the time Tannehill probably is keeping his eyes down field and not looking for the checkdown.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It's a darn shame. It really is. A proverbial waste of opportunity.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
It's a darn shame. It really is. A proverbial waste of opportunity.

I agree, he's got so much talent when you can get him into space. Yet we can't seem to find ways to utilize him in that area of the field. Rather we keep him in the backfield blocking or running between the tackles. Something tells me our staff just refuses to alter their gameplan for Bush's talents. Rather they're trying to make Bush fit their mold of what a runningback should be. If that is truly the case, I hope we part ways and let Ireland draft another runningback in next years draft because to keep Bush around and use him the way we do is as you put it, a waste.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I agree. Look what a check down did for the Ravens on Sunday on a 4th & 29. Now I know we are not the Ravens & may not have a combo like Flacco & Rice but when we really have only one offensive threat you have to use it in however many ways as possible.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yep Mitch, remember when they benched him against the Titans? That went well...good coaches find matchups to take advantage of, we don't.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
I agree, he's got so much talent when you can get him into space. Yet we can't seem to find ways to utilize him in that area of the field. Rather we keep him in the backfield blocking or running between the tackles. Something tells me our staff just refuses to alter their gameplan for Bush's talents. Rather they're trying to make Bush fit their mold of what a runningback should be. If that is truly the case, I hope we part ways and let Ireland draft another runningback in next years draft because to keep Bush around and use him the way we do is as you put it, a waste.

Just think back to how the Saints used him in space ..... he was absolutely vital to that offense.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Just think back to how the Saints used him in space ..... he was absolutely vital to that offense.

You're right, Reggie Bush has the ability to be a great scatback/2nd slot receiver. He brings a nice change of pace to the runningback position, and he gives you a great weapon in the passing game on 3rd down. If our coaches could find a way to get this guy more touches, and not just touches but the right kind of touches that play to his strengths, we'd be set. He's a championship piece, but only if used properly. Right now, we're not using him right. If our coaches plan on using him this way the rest of the season, we might as well let him go and draft someone else because there is no reason to pay a guy $5M a season and not use them right.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 pm

If we are going to bench him after a mistake we should let him go.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]