View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sig Stat Snapshot: Dropped Passes per QB 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Sig Stat Snapshot: Dropped Passes per QB
The only thing this stat tells us is that either he throws a difficult ball to catch or he needs more help. Bess and Hartline don't seem to have a problem catching the ball, so, my guess is that he needs more help.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -per-qb/2/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:09 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Sig Stat Snapshot: Dropped Passes per QB
I think its a combo of both. He's had a few games of erratic accuracy but he's also seen some bad drops. I seem to recall some blatant ones from Bush, Fasano and Armstrong. I also recall a few overthrown balls to Bess and Fasano that could have been big plays but went off their fingertips.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I think its a combo of both. He's had a few games of erratic accuracy but he's also seen some bad drops. I seem to recall some blatant ones from Bush, Fasano and Armstrong. I also recall a few overthrown balls to Bess and Fasano that could have been big plays but went off their fingertips.

Most of the drops occurred earlier in the season.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

Most of the drops occurred earlier in the season.

While I agree that we had more earlier in the year, they've still been a consistent thing this year. Even last week Bess dropped one. Hartline caught one and fumbled it. So even our sure handed guys are a piece of this problem. Could Tannehill be putting it a little more on the money, yeah sure, but the same could be said of all quarterbacks. Bottom line, if it hits the receiver in both hands, they need to make the play and catch it. I'm not talking about throws that hit the fingertips after the guy lays out either. I'm talking about the throws that are a little behind, or a little low, or a little high, or in traffic, etc.

End of the day, this is a terrible stat to rank 7th. I don't think this is a quarterback accuracy thing because you see names like Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady up there with Tannehill. Rather, I think it's simply the receivers dropping the ball. Whether that's just a lack of talent thing or simply a numbers thing due to the number of throws, I don't know.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Tired of excuses.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]