View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 RT 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: RT
Despite the fact I can't stand listening to Mike Mayock, he made several good points last night. The OL is getting beat consistently. Buffalo didn't have to stack the line last night to stuff our running game. Miami dosen't have any true vertical threats, so all they had to do was flood ten yards after the LOS and boom, it kills all of our offense.

That's what teams have figured out, and no QB or playcalling is going to change that.

Yes, I'm a huge RT fan, and I've been very impressed with him so far, and even last night, I didn't come away doubting he is the answer at the QB position. But it is the first game I've seen him lose that unflapple demeanor of his, and look frustrated.

He did throw one bad interception to the end the game, but the other wasn't on him at all. Defender made a great play on a perfectly thrown ball and suprised the hell out of Bess. Maybe he shouldn't have thrown it, but seriously, no one is able to get open down field and he had to take his shots.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not much I can add here on either side of the argument. Mayock pointed it out perfectly last night - the o-line can't block and there isn't one vertical threat to open up the offense. Means decisions have to be quicker and you're throwing into an even more crowded space. That is a recipe for disaster for any rookie or most QBs for that matter.

Tannehill is not off the hook though. I'm not really blaming him on that first interception. A bigger, faster receiver could have caught that. Bess stumbled and Byrd flew in like Superman. That second interception was simply awful. That miss to Clay might have been the difference in the game. That is the type of stuff that makes me nervous.

He had some encouraging throws though. The PI play to Matthews would have been a huge gain. The deep throw to Hartline where the defender hit the back of his head before the ball got there would have been a huge gain. The TD pass to Bess was awesome.

Honestly, how many building blocks or keeper players are on this team? Tannehill by default because you want to see him after some seasoning. Hartline and Bess are perfect for their roles but are being asked to do too much this season. Pouncey is legit. Wake, Starks, Soliai, Dansby and Jones on defense.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
His passes almost have to be pin point accurate & asking a Qb to do that game in & out is asking a ton, much less asking it from a rookie Qb

This is such a myth though.

It's like it's expected that receivers are ALWAYS supposed to be wide open. It's simply not the case. He had opportunities in this game (Charles Clay deep down the field wide open ring a bell?) and didn't capitalize. That's football though ...... when you get opportunities to make a play, you have to because there are only so many of them in a game.

I'll say this though ..... Sherman isn't doing anyone any favors with his play-calling. At the same time, is that simply just a function of what Tanny can/cannot do?

You can't throw open receivers who lack speed and separation skills. Not that I want him back, but Marshall created a lot of easy targets for guys like Bess and Hartline. Ted Ginn allowed Bess and Camarillo to work a more open middle.

Tannehill has to take responsibility for throws like you mentioned but I noticed how tight the coverage was on his receivers last night. It goes both ways.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
you cannot label Tannehill a bust 10 games into his rookie season when he has the worst supporting cast and a coordinater that puts him in bad situations every week.

This whole team all of a sudden looks bad.

Sherman has been awful last few weeks. Sorry. It is like he's trying to protect RT. If RT is another in the long line of game managers, let's move on. If not, let's open this thing up on first down and attack. I don't care if he throws INTs as long as he's throwing his share of TDs and is learning from his mistakes.

Kind of hard to do without any vertical threats. You know when you see Bess run a deep slant, you're lacking in major talent at the WR positon.

But your also not understanding how the West coast offense works. The bread and butter plays are short five yard passes. But those are easy to defend if you don't have to worry about vertical threats. Or play action.

Miami made no serious moves to get WR's this year. We don't have a TE who is a vertical threat. The kid only has Bess and hartline, for crying out loud. I would like to see him start thinking about using those legs more though.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
You can't throw open receivers who lack speed and separation skills. Not that I want him back, but Marshall created a lot of easy targets for guys like Bess and Hartline. Ted Ginn allowed Bess and Camarillo to work a more open middle.

Tannehill has to take responsibility for throws like you mentioned but I noticed how tight the coverage was on his receivers last night. It goes both ways.

Again, I completely disagree with anyone's assessment who claims these receivers don't get some separation a decent percentage of the time. I've watched the games. However, I will agree with you that a true playmaking WR will open things up more naturally.

jammer wrote:
I'm not really blaming him on that first interception. A bigger, faster receiver could have caught that. Bess stumbled and Byrd flew in like Superman. That second interception was simply awful. That miss to Clay might have been the difference in the game. That is the type of stuff that makes me nervous.

Ummmm, how can you not blame him for that one? Nobody's holding a gun to his head to throw there. He should know the play wasn't going to work from the previous time they threw deep to Bess, not to mention being his teammate and understanding Bess's strengths/weaknesses. Want to use Bess on that play? Pump fake to that side then go somewhere else with it.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Ummmm, how can you not blame him for that one? Nobody's holding a gun to his head to throw there. He should know the play wasn't going to work from the previous time they through deep to Bess, not to mention being his teammate and understanding Bess's strengths/weaknesses. Want to use Bess on that play? Pump fake to that side then go somewhere else with it.

I could have worded that better. Yes, the pick is on him for throwing it there but the placement of the ball was pretty decent. Bess had a step on the defender but stumbled, if memory serves. It could have been caught and wasn't some errant throw like his 2nd pick.

You're larger point is correct. Why is a short, slower slot receiver running a deep route and why is Tannehill throwing it there? My guess is he saw Bess get behind the corner but its still not a high percentage play.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Look, it isn't the WRs. Rishard Matthews was two steps behind his guy last night and drew a PI. Two other deep balls were thrown to Bess. 2 to Hartline and 1 was another PI. On a night like last nigh instead of wasting first down on a run that wasn't going anywhere why not take 6 or 7 more shots deep? The deep middle wasn't even being exploited and the Bills were begging for it.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

apatos19 wrote:
You know when you see Bess run a deep slant

Mak, please tell him there is no such thing as a deep slant.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

LOL Mak! You are one hot and cold guy!

Look at Peyton Manning's first year, and he had playmakers.

Look at Eli Manning's first year and he had playmakers.

Tannehill has NOBODY. No line, no running game and no WR.

Give it a rest.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:
i know he's a rookie, but he regressing, bad. Yes the OL sucks, yes the RBs suck, Yes the Wrs suck, and yes, dare me, the coaching sucks. BUT, he threw his 1st pick into double coverage and his 2nd pick was a poorly thrown ball (with a 3 man rush and he had time) behind Bess into triple coverage. He doesn't look like Luck or RG3. Time to call hsi a$$ out. Like I said, draft a QB every year until we hit. Hell, the only 1st rd pick that I can remember doing anything is Pouncey, Odrick blows, Ditto with Long, V. Davis is gone and Tanny is still ont he fence. Worse case, we keep drafting until we find our guy, best case we find 2 and get some picks....I'm pissed.

When you have nothing to work with, then what do you expect? His Wr cannot get any separation. He has no running game. The OL is not blocking, yet we sit here & byotch about the play of a rookie QB who was raw coming into the NFL. Talk about asinine.

I want to point out. I was against even giving him a chance to start. Miami can do more harm than good by starting him. Have to support him & expect growing pains.

it is amazing isnt it? Have to love our weak fan base. The rookie is making rookie mistakes, He's terrible!!!! Draft another quarterback pronto!!!! LOL

Don't blame the coaching, the awful offensive line and JV receivers.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
it is amazing isnt it? Have to love our weak fan base. The rookie is making rookie mistakes, He's terrible!!!! Draft another quarterback pronto!!!! LOL

There isn't reason to panic but I don't think drafting another young QB next year is unreasonable at all. Its the GB blueprint for having an insurance policy and you do it with the intention of still having Tannehill be the guy. Spend a mid or late round pick on someone to develop.

Outside of Brandon Weeden I can't think of a starting rookie QB in the last several years who has/had less to work with than Tannehill. You have to keep that in perspective.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:
LOL Mak! You are one hot and cold guy!

Look at Peyton Manning's first year, and he had playmakers.

Look at Eli Manning's first year and he had playmakers.

Tannehill has NOBODY. No line, no running game and no WR.

Give it a rest.

heck! look at Eli Manning's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th year and so on....
the guy throws 20 interceptions every year but he won a super bowl so all is forgiven.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

There isn't reason to panic but I don't think drafting another young QB next year is unreasonable at all. Its the GB blueprint for having an insurance policy and you do it with the intention of still having Tannehill be the guy. Spend a mid or late round pick on someone to develop.

Outside of Brandon Weeden I can't think of a starting rookie QB in the last several years who has/had less to work with than Tannehill. You have to keep that in perspective.

I also believe in that Green Bay philosphy. Creates alot of trade power down the line too.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

I can't believe the same people that preached "patience, he'll have rough games", are the same people who are all over the kid and already "don't see it" after 2 bad games.

Unbelievable.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
I can't believe the same people that preached "patience, he'll have rough games", are the same people who are all over the kid and already "don't see it" after 2 bad games.

Unbelievable.

Technically 3 bad games (Houston, Tenn, Buff) ..... Alas Houston as indeed his first game ever and I know a certain someone is gonna point that out even though he doesn't give other QB's time after they're thrown into the mix right away.

There were other so-so games where he could've put us over the top but didn't and that at the end of the day is what most people are waiting for as a sign.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 am

I think the over reaction here is based on losing...just a hunch. Anyway, we all know there has to be a paradigm shift that takes place or there will be no confidence going into next season either. 1 or 2 rookies isn't going to fix the fact most of the veterans are on cruise control.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Unbelievable.

Technically 3 bad games (Houston, Tenn, Buff) ..... Alas Houston as indeed his first game ever and I know a certain someone is gonna point that out even though he doesn't give other QB's time after they're thrown into the mix right away.

There were other so-so games where he could've put us over the top but didn't and that at the end of the day is what most people are waiting for as a sign.

Rock, if you're seriously comparing Moore in his 6th season "just being thrown in" in Week 5, to a rookie who was labeled a project coming out, starting Week 1 of his rookie year...

This is the last I talk about QB with you...at least until 2014 when Moore has been gone for 2 years and hasn't started a game in 3.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Rock, if you're seriously comparing Moore in his 6th season "just being thrown in" in Week 5, to a rookie who was labeled a project coming out, starting Week 1 of his rookie year...

This is the last I talk about QB with you...at least until 2014 when Moore has been gone for 2 years and hasn't started a game in 3.

Then don't take a potshot and move on.

I'm giving Tanny a pass on the Houston game. Alas, only the naive would think a QB with only 13 starts and playing under his 3rd offense in 3 seasons after a lockout and no reps with first teamers is gonna light the opposition up after being inserted. Dream world stuffy buddy. This isn't Madden Football.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
I think the over reaction here is based on losing...just a hunch.

Not a hunch. It's a blatantly obvious fact.

If Ryan throws 3 picks in a Win, it becomes, "he's having some growing pains, but this experience will only benefit him down the road!". Because we've lose, it's all on him. Never mind the fact that we have NOTHING around him. Never mind the fact that he showed more than any young QB has, by far, for 5-6 games earlier. Never mind the fact that he's a rookie who was labeled a project. Never mind the fact that it's been TWO elfin games.

Give me a break guys.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

If Ryan throws 3 picks in a Win, it becomes, "he's having some growing pains, but this experience will only benefit him down the road!". Because we've lose, it's all on him. Never mind the fact that we have NOTHING around him. Never mind the fact that he showed more than any young QB has, by far, for 5-6 games earlier. Never mind the fact that he's a rookie who was labeled a project. Never mind the fact that it's been TWO elfin games.

Give me a break guys.

LMFAO ....

When he fails it's everyone elses fault.

When he lights it up vs. Arizona it's all Tanny.

Riiiiiiiiiight. The truth is inbetween. He's shown flashes, but at the end of the day has deserved nothing to be praised as a savior quite yet.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Then don't take a potshot and move on.

I'm giving Tanny a pass on the Houston game. Alas, only the naive would think a QB with only 13 starts and playing under his 3rd offense in 3 seasons after a lockout and no reps with first teamers is gonna light the opposition up after being inserted. Dream world stuffy buddy.

Couple things. Number 1, nobody expected him to light it up. But he was horrendous his 1st four starts.

Number 2, I never, not once, got on him for that. Never did I use that a reason why he's not starting material. Never did I put blame on him for the rest of the team being absolute garbage (like the one around Tannehill is)....

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Give me a break guys.

LMFAO ....

When he fails it's everyone elses fault.

When he lights it up vs. Arizona it's all Tanny.

Right. The truth is inbetween.

When did I say it's not his fault? If you look back, I blamed Tannehill's INT on him. Bad decision, bad throw.

But keep things in perspective. He has no help. To expect him to be anything more than he's been is completely unrealistic.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Give me a break guys.

Yeah he has nothing around him. Drew Bledsoe had nothing around him until he got hurt and Tom Brady took over. He's had nothing around him for like forever. Who is there stretch the field guy again? Look, you can't just absolve the rook of any responsibility. Really, how come Hennes first year stats were better? Oh yeah, he was a year older. You can't win this argument guy. RT is the starter has had two very bad games against two very bad teams. The vets are laying down. So how do you fix it? Just continue status quo, draft a couple of rookies you hope turn out? Please, this team is sinking faster than the Titanic. You can ignore the water, most of us can't.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
When did I say it's not his fault? If you look back, I blamed Tannehill's INT on him. Bad decision, bad throw.

But keep things in perspective. He has no help. To expect him to be anything more than he's been is completely unrealistic.

I feel like I've seen this conversation a million times post-Marino. We're always left to argue that the QB is not getting help from the O-line, RB's, WR's...... when HASN'T that been the case? Those QB's went on to do nothing even when they left here. Really wish the subject matter could change for once, it's so tiresome. LOL

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I feel like I've seen this conversation a million times post-Marino. We're always left to argue that the QB is not getting help from the O-line, RB's, WR's...... when HASN'T that been the case? Those QB's went on to do nothing even when they left here. Really wish the subject matter could change for once, it's so tiresome. LOL

Man if that isn't the truth. You know, if I saw a Luck-type of progression...lots of INTS mixed in with lots of TD passes, improvising, toughness, scrambling out of danger, a passion to win...I think I could live with some bad results. It is the whole aestetic approach that finally fell apart two weeks ago coupled with no TD passes or moments of joy inbetween. I saw one solid, grown up drive followed by another killed by a penalty. I'm ready for more of that. Take the kid gloves off and let him throw the darn rock until his arm falls off.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:21 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Give me a break guys.

Yeah he has nothing around him. Drew Bledsoe had nothing around him until he got hurt and Tom Brady took over. He's had nothing around him for like forever. Who is there stretch the field guy again? Look, you can't just absolve the rook of any responsibility. Really, how come Hennes first year stats were better? Oh yeah, he was a year older. You can't win this argument guy. RT is the starter has had two very bad games against two very bad teams. The vets are laying down. So how do you fix it? Just continue status quo, draft a couple of rookies you hope turn out? Please, this team is sinking faster than the Titanic. You can ignore the water, most of us can't.

Henne had a run game that was top 5 in the NFL for the entire season. He may have no had better weapons than Ryan, but he had a lot more of them and was asked to do a lot less.

Ryan deserves plenty of blame for his INT's, the offenses lack of production, etc. He's been bad.....

I won't argue that. But for people to start forgetting what he did in late September and October, and to start saying they don't see it, is ridiculous.

What the hell are we supposed to expect out of Tannehill? To lead a team who can't run, who has nobody on the outside at all, and can't protect their QB to wins? How we got it for a month is beyond me. But what we're getting right now is what everybody expected at the start of the year....we get it for 2 weeks after a great 6 weeks and it's the end of the world. Ok.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

The difference is 1) those QB's NEVER showed anything (outside of a few bright spots from Henne). Ryan has shown more times than not this season he's got the talent to be a good one down the road. 2) They were second tier talents to begin with. Ryan was a top 10 pick. 3) You're exaggerating. This team has less talent around QB than any team since Marino, maybe outside 2004...Maybe.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
The difference is 1) those QB's NEVER showed anything (outside of a few bright spots from Henne). Ryan has shown more times than not this season he's got the talent to be a good one down the road. 2) They were second tier talents to begin with. Ryan was a top 10 pick. 3) You're exaggerating. This team has less talent around QB than any team since Marino, maybe outside 2004...Maybe.

Talent or system?

Right now this team feels like a bunch of square pegs in round holes.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Dude this exact team went 6-3 down the stretch last season and rarely lost to a team it should beat. I might add they had a turnstile at RT. Quit down playing the signifcance of leadership. It is huge.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Dude this exact team went 6-3 down the stretch last season and rarely lost to a team it should beat. I might add they had a turnstile at RT. Quit down playing the signifcance of leadership. It is huge.

Amen to that.

Once we found our groove we squashed teams like a bug last year who were of the caliber of Tenn and Buff.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Man if that isn't the truth. You know, if I saw a Luck-type of progression...lots of INTS mixed in with lots of TD passes, improvising, toughness, scrambling out of danger, a passion to win...I think I could live with some bad results. It is the whole aestetic approach that finally fell apart two weeks ago coupled with no TD passes or moments of joy inbetween. I saw one solid, grown up drive followed by another killed by a penalty. I'm ready for more of that. Take the kid gloves off and let him throw the darn rock until his arm falls off.

You'd be bitching about Andrew Luck too if he was our quarterback. Somehow you'd find a way.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Amen to that.

Once we found our groove we squashed teams like a bug last year who were of the caliber of Tenn and Buff.

This exact team? I'm sorry, I didn't realize Brandon Marshall was still here. Didn't realize that Jake Long was still a Pro Bowl caliber player. Didn't realize that Reggie Bush was still running for 5 ypc.

I guess I've been watching the wrong team.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am

Quote:
You'd be bitching about Andrew Luck too if he was our quarterback. Somehow you'd find a way.

Have I said anything to byotch about RT? I'm just stating facts. He wasn't ready. I was right in the preseason and nothing changes that. Since we're on this train, RT gets his shot. I'm defending his right to stay at QB. Should he be above criticism? No. You guys have precipitously jumped on anyone's jock if they so much as be critical about anything he does. I have a more realistic approach. He's there, needs to stay, learn, grow. My biggest complaint is Sherman not letting him throw on first down. I'm also not thrilled the way Philbin is losing the interest of the team. RT is down on my list of concerns.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Talent or system?

Right now this team feels like a bunch of square pegs in round holes.

Yeah. The system is why we have the worst WR group in the NFL, a TE who can't run, an Oline that can't protect, and a running game that can't get going to save its life.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Have I said anything to byotch about RT? I'm just stating facts. He wasn't ready. I was right in the preseason and nothing changes that. Since we're on this train, RT gets his shot. I'm defending his right to stay at QB. Should he be above criticism? No. You guys have precipitously jumped on anyone's jock if they so much as be critical about anything he does. I have a more realistic approach. He's there, needs to stay, learn, grow. My biggest complaint is Sherman not letting him throw on first down. I'm also not thrilled the way Philbin is losing the interest of the team. RT is down on my list of concerns.

I couldn't agree more with everything said here.

But you've also said in other posts that you don't see it in him, which is above criticism.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

Quote:
This exact team? I'm sorry, I didn't realize Brandon Marshall was still here. Didn't realize that Jake Long was still a Pro Bowl caliber player. Didn't realize that Reggie Bush was still running for 5 ypc.

You must've missed the 0-7 start when we were asking where Bush was. You must've missed it when Henne had a 90 QB rating and was still 0-4. Oh yeah, and BMarsh dropped 6 TDs in that span. Miami was awful. Until Moore turned them around.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 am

Quote:

But you've also said in other posts that you don't see it in him, which is above criticism.

I think Rock said it above...we've seen sparks ala the drive in Q4 last night. That was excellent. So it shows he can do it. This is a critical juncture of his career. He's hit a progress wall. The only way he gets through that is with reps...and the right reps. Throwing 40 times a game will help with a lot of that on first down. I think he's got it in him....just haven't seen him take over a game and dominate it. I've seen him play well when the rest of the team is doing well. We could over analyze this forever. ...right now, I'm more concerned about the coaching staff.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

You must've missed the 0-7 start when we were asking where Bush was. You must've missed it when Henne had a 90 QB rating and was still 0-4. Oh yeah, and BMarsh dropped 6 TDs in that span. Miami was awful. Until Moore turned them around.

What? You just said this same exact team went 6-3....Then you bring up an 0-7 team?

A very similar team (although I'd argue less talented) went 6-10...Which is probably where this team is headed too.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

I think Rock said it above...we've seen sparks ala the drive in Q4 last night. That was excellent. So it shows he can do it. This is a critical juncture of his career. He's hit a progress wall. The only way he gets through that is with reps...and the right reps. Throwing 40 times a game will help with a lot of that on first down. I think he's got it in him....just haven't seen him take over a game and dominate it. I've seen him play well when the rest of the team is doing well. We could over analyze this forever. ...right now, I'm more concerned about the coaching staff.

Agree.

But he's not going anywhere without WR's who can get open, and an Oline that can protect. Ryan doesn't have much of a shot if they don't clean things up around him next off season.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Agree.

But he's not going anywhere without WR's who can get open, and an Oline that can protect. Ryan doesn't have much of a shot if they don't clean things up around him next off season.

Again the WR's not getting open thing is a fallacy. Some on here want us to believe they're always draped and it's simply not the case. However I will admit they are not open as often to be considered elite. When they are open it's up to the QB to make the right read and throw. For example the missed Charles Clay opportunity last night.

Regardless teams gameplan those elite WR's all the time, which forces the rest of the offense to adjust. So far the O-line has let the running game down, which has taken away the play-action pass ....which has in turn taken away our deep ball and without it Tanny is left to sit back and try to carve up cover 2's and zones ...... of which he has not shown he can beat.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next