View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Buffalo game is huge 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Buffalo game is huge
and maybe not for the reason you might think. It is evident that we are not an elite team. We are in that mediocre AFC malaise with the jets, bills, Raiders, Bengals, Chargers, Titans, and probably the colts. While the playoffs an a 500 or better record are still a real possibility the bigger thing is showing that we are going in the right direction. If Philbin can't motivate this team to come out hard on Thursday night against the Bills, then we have either a bigger problem with players or coaches on this team than we could have imagined. And we have a lot more rebuilding to do than we thought just a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by catman_56 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: Buffalo game is huge
with the secondary we have we'll lose thursday too

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think the last thing we should be worrying about are the playoff implications of the Thursday night Bills game. This team has serious issues. Playoffs aren't really a possibility at this point.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:14 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

If I read it correctly...that's exactly what he was implying. IE...the Bills game is important because it will show if this team is still willing to compete.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

catman_56 wrote:
and maybe not for the reason you might think. It is evident that we are not an elite team. We are in that mediocre AFC malaise with the jets, bills, Raiders, Bengals, Chargers, Titans, and probably the colts. While the playoffs an a 500 or better record are still a real possibility the bigger thing is showing that we are going in the right direction. If Philbin can't motivate this team to come out hard on Thursday night against the Bills, then we have either a bigger problem players or coaches on this team than we could have imagined. And we have a lot more rebuilding to do than we thought just a couple of weeks ago.

You're right about that............if this team gets beat up again..........then 6-10 or worse is a real possibility. Then we're back to the same discussion............do we have the right coach, the right GM or the right QB.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:24 pm

shularino wrote:
catman_56 wrote:
and maybe not for the reason you might think. It is evident that we are not an elite team. We are in that mediocre AFC malaise with the jets, bills, Raiders, Bengals, Chargers, Titans, and probably the colts. While the playoffs an a 500 or better record are still a real possibility the bigger thing is showing that we are going in the right direction. If Philbin can't motivate this team to come out hard on Thursday night against the Bills, then we have either a bigger problem players or coaches on this team than we could have imagined. And we have a lot more rebuilding to do than we thought just a couple of weeks ago.

You're right about that............if this team gets beat up again..........then 6-10 or worse is a real possibility. Then we're back to the same discussion............do we have the right coach, the right GM or the right QB.

Well, I don't think you ever stop looking to upgrade but for now the coach should get a couple years to right the ship. RT should be given more time than his rookie season. I will say that it is ironic that the same guys yapping about lack of talent are the first ones to defend Ireland.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We're 4-5, not the best place to be, but still better than where we were last year at this time. Today was exactly as the players put it, it was embarrassing. I think not only the players were embarrassed, but many of the fans as well. It was one of the worst home losses I can remember in recent history. Not just because of the score, but because we were supposed to be the better team going in. We were at home, we had been playing the better football all year long. Yet we came out and played absolutely flat. Like we didn't care. Bush fumbled in the 1st quarter and the whole thing snowballed from there on out. Tannehill had a pass tipped again, and it was of course returned for a pick six. Then a linebacker held Fasano and of course came up with the ball for the second pick. Then late in the game, of course we were pressing and Tannehill made another bad throw. We had very bad penalties throughout the game, especially on special teams. The defense kept giving the Titans breaks on 3rd down. That play where Locker fell down, got back up, dusted himself off, and then ran for the 1st down still is burning me up.
The poster of this topic is right, the way we played today makes me doubt that this team is taking their season seriously enough. If they can't even get fired up for a home game, then what the heck is going on in that lockerroom?

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]