View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins cannot pass maturity test 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins cannot pass maturity test
Quote:

The Miami Dolphins learned the hard way that sustaining excellence over the long haul is much harder than initially achieving it. Miami, after going undefeated in October, dropped its second straight November game -- an ugly, 37-3 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

There is no other way to explain this type of blowout other than to blame it on Miami’s youth, lack of maturity and perhaps overconfidence.

The young Dolphins entered this game as one of the darlings of the AFC after winning three of their past four. People were starting to mention "playoffs" and "Dolphins" in the same sentence for the first time in years. In addition, the lowly Titans (4-6) were coming to town after getting embarrassed by the Chicago Bears last week.

All of these factors set the Dolphins up for a very winnable game if they just remained focused and level-headed. Instead, it was the Dolphins who were shocked and embarrassed in front of their home fans.

Let’s be honest: Miami overachieved in the first half of the season.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:36 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Dolphins cannot pass maturity test
Quote:
The Titans came into the game on pace to set an NFL record for points allowed in a season, but they stymied Miami by intercepting Ryan Tannehill three times and recovering a Reggie Bush fumble to set up a touchdown.

I can measure the Dolphin's Progress in terms of success of the other team. Last week, Luck set a rookie record for yards. This week the Titans held Miami to 3 points after not being able to stop a well coached Girl Scout Squad the previous 8 weeks. Says it all.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins cannot pass maturity test
Before this game we were rising talent, a surprise playoff hopeful. Now we're overachievers, a playoff pretender. I myself was buying the hype just yesterday. This game leaves me wondering exactly who this team is? A contender or a pretender. This team had better figure out exactly who the heck they are, and soon. Buffalo is in five days. If we win that game, we're still in the hunt. If we loose, well, hopefully we can at least have a shot to best our record from last season.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]