All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12671
Location: Raleigh, NC
ESPN wrote:
Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins quarterback: Tannehill got into an exciting shootout with Colts rookie quarterback Andrew Luck and nearly came out on top. Tannehill threw for 290 yards and a touchdown on the road. Tannehill can make all the throws. He also showed toughness by taking some big hits and playing through a left knee and quad injury. The future looks bright if the Dolphins can keep building around their young gunslinger.


http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... k-watch-23

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
I realize it is asking a lot of a rookie, but a kill shot once in awhile would be nice. Miami needs someone to lift the team when things aren't going well. 2nd half at Indy was pedestrian.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9613
Location: Fargo, ND
Keep in mind though, he was playing hurt, taking big hits, and our oline was whiffing on blocks. I'd say he gets a bit of a pass for having pedestrian numbers in that game. What he didn't do that needs to be praised more is turn the ball over. He didn't even have any near picks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
Hey, he's young and all the above I agree with....but one day he's gonna have to strap on his big boy helmet and carry the team when its down. Right now, he plays well when everyone else around him is playing well. How do I say this ... its the mark of a franchise guy...they either have it or don't. Right now, 8 games in ... how many Q4 come from behind wins?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
BTW...too careful with the football means he's not taking enough chances downfield. Sometimes you gotta bet on your guy to make a play.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Posts: 359
NFLJunkie wrote:
I realize it is asking a lot of a rookie, but a kill shot once in awhile would be nice. Miami needs someone to lift the team when things aren't going well. 2nd half at Indy was pedestrian.


Is Junkie Omar Kelly? KILL

_________________
305sportsblog.blogspot.com

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
Bigfish..no. But I did co-opt that from Omar. First down at the 50...I think in that situation you got to bet on your rising star to complete 20yds worth of passes.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Phin wrote:
Keep in mind though, he was playing hurt, taking big hits, and our oline was whiffing on blocks. I'd say he gets a bit of a pass for having pedestrian numbers in that game. What he didn't do that needs to be praised more is turn the ball over. He didn't even have any near picks.


He's gone five straight weeks without a turnover. The kid makes mistakes, but he seems to learn from them quickly. I think by the end of the season this kid is going to be vastly improved from where he was when the season began. The big question moving forward is how we're going to protect him, how we're going to add weapons for him, and how we're going to get some better defensive backs to create turnovers and give him more possessions. It's a quarterback driven league, and we've got a good young prospect, but we need to do a better job protecting him and giving him options to throw to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW...too careful with the football means he's not taking enough chances downfield. Sometimes you gotta bet on your guy to make a play.


Tannehill is very calculated when he goes downfield. He doesn't throw the ball into double coverage. He doesn't take chances. He's learned a lot in the past couple of months. Those first few weeks taught him a lot. The thing I like the most about Tannehill is he learns from his mistakes and he continues to improve his ball security and decision making ability. That is going to be a real plus for the kid moving forward.

He simply throws to the open receiver or throws it away when nobody is open. That is what the great ones do. They understand that living to play the next down is usually the better option. When you try to throw guys open or do too much is usually when bad things happen and you loose your team the game.

If you want a perfect example of that just look at Tony Romo, Michael Vick, etc. Gunslingers like that have great games once and a while, but they're inconsistent, and they throw a lot of interceptions. I don't want Tannehill to be that type of quarterback.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 am 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 am
Posts: 1
Which is understandable because this group has only been together for a couple of months now and Tannehill is a rookie who is prone to making rookie mistakes.

_________________
harrybro


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8504
Gunslingers like that have great games once and a while, but they're inconsistent, and they throw a lot of interceptions. I don't want Tannehill to be that type of quarterback.

And those guys will never win a SB. Look at Vick, he takes so many sacks because he doesn't know where to throw the ball agaisnt the blitz. Tanny does.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 375
Location: Cincinnati
Tannehill will take sacks when he should throw the ball away aswell. He does it alot.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Haha wrote:
Tannehill will take sacks when he should throw the ball away aswell. He does it alot.

It's hard to throw it away while inside the pocket. I haven't been discouraged at all by that aspect of his game.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
seriously? How's he suppose to make these kill shots with a bunch of 2nd/3rd tier receivers and a failing left tackle. Tannehill had all the momentum and was scoring at will against the Colts until Long got him killed while driving down to score again. That played grabbed all the momentum away from miami and we never looked the same again. Luck just kept our defense on the field the rest of the way. Our offense got ice cold.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25399
Location: Miami, FL
Haha wrote:
Tannehill will take sacks when he should throw the ball away aswell. He does it alot.


How does he do it alot if he has only been sacked 15 times this season?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8504

How does he do it alot if he has only been sacked 15 times this season?


He's also #1 agasint the blitz last time I checked.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Makchell wrote:
Gunslingers like that have great games once and a while, but they're inconsistent, and they throw a lot of interceptions. I don't want Tannehill to be that type of quarterback.

And those guys will never win a SB. Look at Vick, he takes so many sacks because he doesn't know where to throw the ball agaisnt the blitz. Tanny does.


I agree, the best quarterbacks are the guys that stick to their gameplan, know their strengths, they take what the defense gives, and they attack or exploit a weakness if they see it. Tannehill isn't quite there yet, he's still prone to some rookie mistakes, but he's showing signs that he can be that type of quarterback in time.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
swerve13 wrote:
seriously? How's he suppose to make these kill shots with a bunch of 2nd/3rd tier receivers and a failing left tackle. Tannehill had all the momentum and was scoring at will against the Colts until Long got him killed while driving down to score again. That played grabbed all the momentum away from miami and we never looked the same again. Luck just kept our defense on the field the rest of the way. Our offense got ice cold.


Yeap another year and there's always someone else to blame. Look, he's got enogh targets, he just has to use them effectively. Where is this mobility we keep hearing about? All I ever see is him getting sacked.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
Makchell wrote:

How does he do it alot if he has only been sacked 15 times this season?


He's also #1 agasint the blitz last time I checked.


He also had a first down at the 50 last week, down by 3 and still managed to lose. Look, at some point they have to take the training wheels off and let him throw it downfield more. Take a few more chances.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:27 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
wkloiber13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Gunslingers like that have great games once and a while, but they're inconsistent, and they throw a lot of interceptions. I don't want Tannehill to be that type of quarterback.

And those guys will never win a SB. Look at Vick, he takes so many sacks because he doesn't know where to throw the ball agaisnt the blitz. Tanny does.


I agree, the best quarterbacks are the guys that stick to their gameplan, know their strengths, they take what the defense gives, and they attack or exploit a weakness if they see it. Tannehill isn't quite there yet, he's still prone to some rookie mistakes, but he's showing signs that he can be that type of quarterback in time.


I disagree totally. Luck was the better QB last week. He made several ill-advised throws but came away with a win. Dan Marino used to throw people open. Look how many Picks Peyton Manning has thrown this year...yet he has his team winning.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
NFLJunkie wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Gunslingers like that have great games once and a while, but they're inconsistent, and they throw a lot of interceptions. I don't want Tannehill to be that type of quarterback.

And those guys will never win a SB. Look at Vick, he takes so many sacks because he doesn't know where to throw the ball agaisnt the blitz. Tanny does.


I agree, the best quarterbacks are the guys that stick to their gameplan, know their strengths, they take what the defense gives, and they attack or exploit a weakness if they see it. Tannehill isn't quite there yet, he's still prone to some rookie mistakes, but he's showing signs that he can be that type of quarterback in time.


I disagree totally. Luck was the better QB last week. He made several ill-advised throws but came away with a win. Dan Marino used to throw people open. Look how many Picks Peyton Manning has thrown this year...yet he has his team winning.


Throwing the ball into double coverage and throwing the receiver open are two completely different things. What Luck did was throw into double coverage, he just got lucky. If our defenders hang on to a couple of those throws we win that game easily.

Tannehill is winning games for his team too, he's only one win behind Manning and the Broncos. Manning is very safe with the football (6 INT), so is Tannehill (6 INT), they're both not even in the top half of the league in interceptions. But do you know who is? Tony Romo, Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, and every other gunslinger in the NFL. Do you know who isn't, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, the guys Tannehill studied in the offseason. I'm just fine with Tannehill being in the bottom half of the league in interceptions with Manning, Brady, and Rodgers. That's just fine with me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
seriously? How's he suppose to make these kill shots with a bunch of 2nd/3rd tier receivers and a failing left tackle. Tannehill had all the momentum and was scoring at will against the Colts until Long got him killed while driving down to score again. That played grabbed all the momentum away from miami and we never looked the same again. Luck just kept our defense on the field the rest of the way. Our offense got ice cold.


Yeap another year and there's always someone else to blame. Look, he's got enogh targets, he just has to use them effectively. Where is this mobility we keep hearing about? All I ever see is him getting sacked.



you're impossible to please. If we win you think he's great, if we lose, it's nothing but criticism.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:32 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:46 am
Posts: 129
He is in the top 10 of the league with passes completed over 20 yards, one of the best against the blitz and hasn't turned ball over in like 5 games..He realizes his guys need to be open he doesn't have a big physical receiver to jump up and snatch that ball so he takes his sack or throws it away. There is not much more you can ask of a veteran QB let alone a rookie..His TD total isn't that high, but how many times has he thrown a bomb complete it then the receiver gets dragged down at the 1 or 2 yard line and our rb punches it in. Tannehill has been everything we could hope for so far. Once we build around him and get him some weapons he's got the potential to be an awesome QB for years to come.

_________________
Image
“We all stink. We're 0-6, everybody stinks. We’ve all, in some way, shape or form have not been good enough I don’t care if it’s the front-desk secretary — she ain’t doing a good enough job.”-Reggie Bush


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
I guess we'll find out today. Weak defense in a team with a big lead...table is set for RT to show why he was drafted 8th overall


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Two INT's so far....and the Titans dropped another gift-wrapped pick.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
He finally had that "welcome to the NFL, rookie" game....


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Just gave up a 3rd INT. Bad, bad pass right to a defender.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
Phins Rock wrote:
He finally had that "welcome to the NFL, rookie" game....


I thought that happened against the Texans? I'm sure there's plenty of people that we can blame other than RT. In any case, I'm still waiting for him to tell the world he is a legit NFL QB. He's tinkered on the edge of being a good QB for 9 weeks. I've yet to see him take over a game and dominate. I've seen RGIII do it....I've seen Luck do it. I've even seen the kid in Seattle do it. Still waiting....


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9613
Location: Fargo, ND
NFLJunkie wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
He finally had that "welcome to the NFL, rookie" game....


I thought that happened against the Texans? I'm sure there's plenty of people that we can blame other than RT. In any case, I'm still waiting for him to tell the world he is a legit NFL QB. He's tinkered on the edge of being a good QB for 9 weeks. I've yet to see him take over a game and dominate. I've seen RGIII do it....I've seen Luck do it. I've even seen the kid in Seattle do it. Still waiting....

He is a rookie and has show more talent and promise than you (self admittedly) ever gave him when we drafted him. Lets be a little patient here and realize that he is only halfways through his rookie season. It really doesn't matter what Luck, Griffin, and Wilson are doing, it matters what RT is doing; and that is developing at a fairly nice pace. You have setback games like this.
Perspective man, perspective!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
He was worse than pedestrian today. They needed him to come up big and he was awful.

The running game stinks. What is going on with Bush? If he is healthy, then play him. If not, sit him and let him heal up.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Phin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
He finally had that "welcome to the NFL, rookie" game....


I thought that happened against the Texans? I'm sure there's plenty of people that we can blame other than RT. In any case, I'm still waiting for him to tell the world he is a legit NFL QB. He's tinkered on the edge of being a good QB for 9 weeks. I've yet to see him take over a game and dominate. I've seen RGIII do it....I've seen Luck do it. I've even seen the kid in Seattle do it. Still waiting....

He is a rookie and has show more talent and promise than you (self admittedly) ever gave him when we drafted him. Lets be a little patient here and realize that he is only halfways through his rookie season. It really doesn't matter what Luck, Griffin, and Wilson are doing, it matters what RT is doing; and that is developing at a fairly nice pace. You have setback games like this.
Perspective man, perspective!



Actually, it does matter if the other rookie QB's are better. It means you made an error in judgement on player selection. Something very normal for Miami since Marino left. RT could turn it around and the supporting cast is mostly very average....so there is hope. Days like this speak otherwise though.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:05 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Frustrated....Don't you dare tell me either Weeden or Wilson have been better than Tannehill....


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Phins Rock wrote:
Frustrated....Don't you dare tell me either Weeden or Wilson have been better than Tannehill....



Russell Wilson

PASSING STATS  

145 completions, 234 attempts 62% completion percentage, 1,639 yards, 13 TD's, 8 INT's, 87.2 rating

Yep....the numbers say Wilson is better.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 7429
Phin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
He finally had that "welcome to the NFL, rookie" game....


I thought that happened against the Texans? I'm sure there's plenty of people that we can blame other than RT. In any case, I'm still waiting for him to tell the world he is a legit NFL QB. He's tinkered on the edge of being a good QB for 9 weeks. I've yet to see him take over a game and dominate. I've seen RGIII do it....I've seen Luck do it. I've even seen the kid in Seattle do it. Still waiting....

He is a rookie and has show more talent and promise than you (self admittedly) ever gave him when we drafted him. Lets be a little patient here and realize that he is only halfways through his rookie season. It really doesn't matter what Luck, Griffin, and Wilson are doing, it matters what RT is doing; and that is developing at a fairly nice pace. You have setback games like this.
Perspective man, perspective!

I actually was for the drafting of RT. I just wasn't for him starting his rookie season. It appears more and more every week I was correct in that assessment. We probably will never know because he'll remain the guy. He has talent. So do most guys who come to the NFL level. The question is does he have that leadership quality that makes those around him better. Right now, that is up in the air. Like the rest of the team, he is getting worse. Perspective? This was the Titans not hte Packers, Giants or 9'ers. In any case, this conversation won't go anywhere. RT is a talented young QB...let's see how he bounces.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Frustrated....Don't you dare tell me either Weeden or Wilson have been better than Tannehill....



Russell Wilson

PASSING STATS  

145 completions, 234 attempts 62% completion percentage, 1,639 yards, 13 TD's, 8 INT's, 87.2 rating

Yep....the numbers say Wilson is better.


The numbers also say Alex Smith is a better QB than Brady or Brees.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5072
I think there is a larger sample for comparing veterans, however I think you need a few years before you make a final decision on rooks too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Frustrated....Don't you dare tell me either Weeden or Wilson have been better than Tannehill....



Russell Wilson

PASSING STATS  

145 completions, 234 attempts 62% completion percentage, 1,639 yards, 13 TD's, 8 INT's, 87.2 rating

Yep....the numbers say Wilson is better.


The numbers also say Alex Smith is a better QB than Brady or Brees.


....and at the end of the season, if Smith is wearing a Super Bowl ring, maybe for one year he is better?

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
....and at the end of the season, if Smith is wearing a Super Bowl ring, maybe for one year he is better?


Yes, because one guy wins a Super Bowl all by himself. It's not actually a team sport.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:02 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
degs wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
....and at the end of the season, if Smith is wearing a Super Bowl ring, maybe for one year he is better?


Yes, because one guy wins a Super Bowl all by himself. It's not actually a team sport.


Aaron Rodgers single handedly did it 2 years ago. Brady nearly did it last season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Phins Rock wrote:
degs wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
....and at the end of the season, if Smith is wearing a Super Bowl ring, maybe for one year he is better?


Yes, because one guy wins a Super Bowl all by himself. It's not actually a team sport.


Aaron Rodgers single handedly did it 2 years ago. Brady nearly did it last season.


Yep. It is the most important position on the field. When you have a quality QB, you are always competitive. When you don't, wins are tough to come by.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r