View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins’ Matt Moore right where he needs to be 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins’ Matt Moore right where he needs to be
Quote:
By Armando Salguero
Matt Moore is good enough that he can still chase the dream of becoming an NFL starting quarterback. Proof of that came the final nine games of 2011 when he was among the NFL’s best at his position and last week when he led the Dolphins to victory after coming off the bench to replace an injured Ryan Tannehill.
But if Moore stops and thinks about this and seriously weighs his options, he might just decide he’s in the perfect spot now. He might decide he has found his niche.
That’s because he is an excellent backup quarterback.
And that’s a pretty good thing to be.
“I’m sure that point comes,” Moore said this week as talk of him again replacing the injured Tannehill swirled around the Dolphins. “I don’t see it happening for me for a while. But I know it’s a double-sided sword, I guess. Yeah, I’m comfortable being a backup but it’s hard not to say, ‘I want to play.’
“Still, this is my job. It’s my job to be the backup. I accept that. I try to do it to the best of my ability. So I’m comfortable being the backup.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/04/3 ... rylink=cpy

Quote:
Armando Salguero Matt Moore told me he still holds out hope of being a starter somewhere. But he loves Dolphins and they love him as their backup.

I believe if Moore doesn't get an offer to start in the offseason (he probably will not) he'll re-sign with the Dolphins.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Miami Dolphins’ Matt Moore right where he needs to be
I love Matt Moore.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami Dolphins’ Matt Moore right where he needs to be
Moore is a team player, he'll take his backup role in stride, he's done it his entire career. That said, I just don't see him staying in Miami unless nobody in the NFL is willing to give him a shot to start. Even then, I think our staff is pretty high on Devlin and might want to bring him up and give him more reps. It would be nice if Moore was willing to take a long term backup role behind Tannehill, but it's probably not likely.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]