View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Philben: Gafney is a gamer 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Philben: Gafney is a gamer
I think this is the kid of offense that is hard to jump right in and get comfortable with. He also has to get some chemistry with Tannehill. I am hopeful for Gafney.

Omar Kelly wrote:
"You know the guy is a gamer," Philbin said of Gaffney, who produced a career-high season in 2011 with the Redskins, catching 68 passes for 947 yards. "He's got production on film."

Gaffney continues to work with the starting unit in practice and the coaching staff acknowledged they've seen improvement from the former Florida Gators standout.

"He can get gassed up pretty good, so we definitely have to push forward and move Gaffney ahead of the learning curve at this point. I think he's getting there," Sherman said.

"I thought his last practice before we broke (for the bye) was probably the best practice. ... I guess he's got to go 100 miles-an-hour, but they have to process and, as they're processing, they don't go quite as fast. Now, he's stopped the processing and he's going faster and making plays."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/10/24/ ... rylink=cpy

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:51 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Philben: Gafney is a gamer
Hopefully Gaffney can prove this week that he's capable of picking up the slack and giving Tannehill a legit 3rd option. Because right now Bess and Hartline are being asked to carry the passing game. That's not a recipe for long term success. Hopefully Gaffney is the spark that gets this offense going and springs us forward coming out of the bye.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Philben: Gafney is a gamer
Ok Philbin, let him play then, we need "gamers" especially WR.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]