View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Da Jets.... 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Da Jets....
So predictions? My take is this is a key game for this young Dolphins Team. Win it and they're on there way to making a playoff run. Lose, and they'll lose the momentum they had before the break. Losing would also put them in a hole. The Jets got beat up in that game last week...a loss would send them tumbling.

3 points either way. Turnovers will determine winner. Hope Santachez is giving gifts Sunday :jests:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Da Jets....
Im all homered up for this one.

Miami 35
Jets - between 13 - 17

All we need to do is protect the ball. We are a better team all around as far as I am concerned. Better coaching, better QB, better RB's, better defense....

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 am

Well the X factor will be in play for sure. Hurricane Sandy could make its appearance about gameday...rain/snow.... it'll be interesting to see whether or not our Phins are fair weather guys. Every year the team is a little different in that regard. :jests:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

They cant stop the run. So if its a nasty weather game, I still take us to win..

We pounded the rock in Dec last year, Reggie had 200 in Buff and 113 in NE, both cold weather games.

I really hope they unveil some weird trick play, you know the ones they called "gimmicky" in 2008 before hiring our old HC and trading for Tebow... LOL....

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Bush breaks the sound barrier... rushing for 200 yards and tacking on 50 receiving.

Tannehill stays quietly effective and the defense abuses the QB dribble that the jets have to offer.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This game is now officially a toss up along with every other game on the northeast coast. If they play at all, it maybe pre-hurricane conditions.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

These are always tough battles between these two teams and Rex Ryan has the Jets playing much better as well. They could have and should have beaten the Pats last week, so they are an animal in the corner knowing if they lose to Miami that it will set their team back in the division.

I expect this to be a nip & tuck game. Unfortunately for my stress level......

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Latest forecasts has Sunday Afternoon in the Meadowlands being extremely wet with high winds, temps in the 50's. You would think the team that can run and stop the run has the edge. This will be a game of field position.............love to see the Dolphins get up early, shut down the run and force Sanchez to throw.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

:jests: :jests: :jests:

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:17 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

10acjed wrote:
:jests: :jests: :jests:

Well thought out & precisely executed post. I like it & agree. Juck the Fets

But seriously, this is why I have to watch the jets games with my fam in our houses. If I go out & see one green hat I immediately think "Why is that guy looking like he wants to fight me?". & I honestly I can't afford a bar fight, I gotta work tomorrow morning lol Plus, & this is gonna sound awful but try not to judge, I believe in Jesus as my Savior but I have to confess I have never thought of a jet fan as a brother HA! Maybe next offseason I can talk religion with an enemy.

As for the game, it looks like Sandy has slowed down & shes holding back for now. The forecast shows rain in NY but maybe it wont be that bad. Turnovers will be key for both QBs but I think we have an advantage still. Our run D & O are a lot more consistent. If its sloppy conditions it should favor us. Just for once I'd like to see us win comfortably but I doubt its today.

Dolphins 20 - 17 Fets Carpenter misses at least 1 FG

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I look for the Jets to stack the line to stop the run and force Tannehill to beat them by throwing the ball. Hartline, Bess and Fasano need to step up and have a big game today against man to man coverage. I'm hoping Gaffney is ready to contribute as the 3rd WR. Miami's D will stop the Jets ground game and make Sanchez throw it. Miami 20 Jets 16

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]