View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Landry: Reggie Bush remembers my hit, I’ll keep head hunting 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Landry: Reggie Bush remembers my hit, I’ll keep head hunting
Quote:
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 24, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT

The first time the teams played, Landry hit Bush on a play that caused Bush to leave with a knee injury, and Landry believes Bush will be thinking about that play on Sunday.

“He will remember that hit,” Landry said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Every time he sees me, he will remember that hit.”

Landry said he’s not concerned about fines, penalties or anything else that could happen as a result of his hits.

“If I get penalized, I’m not going to stop hitting or head hunting,” Landry said. “I’m not going to stop the way I play.”

Landry predicted that Bush will be tentative against the Jets, and that the Jets will win.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-hunting/

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Landry: Reggie Bush remembers my hit, I’ll keep head hunting
Cool story, bro.

I'm surprised he took 5 seconds out of his day to say that, when he could have been doing more curls.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Know what big daddy? Say hello to Pouncey then. Pouncey should key his a$$ and pancake him as much as possible.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
Know what big daddy? Say hello to Pouncey then. Pouncey should key his a$$ and pancake him as much as possible.

Yeah and after that completely exploit him by making him play coverage! I'm from D.C. and watched Landry for years. He is HORRIBLE in coverage!!!! We need him back pedaling as much as possible. I hope Philbin & Sherman come up with a gameplan to keep Landry & Bell covering our receivers!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Jets are the same team they were last time we played them, minus two of their best players. If we don't turn the ball over multiple times like we did last time, we should win this game easy. The Jets are not very good.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Ya, one of our O-lineman needs to deliver a message. No talk, just somebody lay that guy out hard. Gotta stand up for your one of your boys when you know someone is gonna be out there taking cheap shots at him.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I love this. Reggie is an incredibly self motivated person. But if you wanna poke the bear . . lets see where it gets ya.
My prediction; Landry spends all his energy off his feet trying to make that big hit instead of the tackle & Reggie leaves him in a cloud of dust. Landry will be hunting grass stuck in his face mask

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Jets are the same team they were last time we played them, minus two of their best players. If we don't turn the ball over multiple times like we did last time, we should win this game easy. The Jets are not very good.

Actually, Rex Ryan has the Jets playing much better. This will be a dog fight going up to NY to play them. BOTH teams can ill afford to lose this critical early season division game.

A win for the Dolphins would be HUGE. A loss would put them on the downside. Critical game period.

Hopefully, Miami used the bye week to their advantage and play better than they did the last home game against the Rams.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:

Actually, Rex Ryan has the Jets playing much better. This will be a dog fight going up to NY to play them. BOTH teams can ill afford to lose this critical early season division game.

A win for the Dolphins would be HUGE. A loss would put them on the downside. Critical game period.

Hopefully, Miami used the bye week to their advantage and play better than they did the last home game against the Rams.

This is a game we should win in my opinion. We should have beat them the last time we played. If we don't turn the ball over like we did last time, we'll just about bury their season. I don't think the Jets are good enough to overcome 3-5. A loss to us will send their season into a tailspin.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13: Trust me, I want your assessment to be correct and I want Miami to win and you are spot on that this win pulls Miami into a nicer situation by tail spinning the Jets.

However, Miami played an off game against the Rams and thankfully won. The Jets have been improving and even with the loss of Revis and Holmes. They very well should have beaten the Patriots past week, so Miami will definitely need to come out and play hard.

Miami cannot turn the ball over and even more so in bad climate conditions. The Jets still have an attacking defense and Reggie Bush has done squat ever since he got his knee banged up.

Let's hope the bye week and more preparation has them ready to play their A game. If there is any year in football with lots of parity, it is this season in the AFC. A win could be huge for Miami's chance to progress forward....while a loss would not be good at all as it would be yet another AFC Conference loss on their record.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
“Every time he sees me, he will remember that hit.”

I guess he didn't hit him hard enough if he remembers it.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]