View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rumor: Fins in talks with Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Rumor: Fins in talks with Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe
Phin wrote:
Actually Scott, bringing up James Jones isn't off topic. We are talking about trading for a receiver. Kev is stating that previous conversations about trading for receivers this year have been met with the same kind of skepticism. I'd say the comment is fair game.

This thread is about Bowe. Not just Miami trading for a Wr, so it is off topic. Kev is simply derailing a thread with his own personal BS agenda, which is not the first one. He has been told to stop by the mods here also. His disrespect for the site & others is borderline offensive.

BTW, Jones has had a nice 3 game stretch where he has caught a couple of TDs. Before his little 3 game run he had 11 catches & 1 Td. Look for him to return to that type production. He is basically Brian Hartline with worse hands.

Phin wrote:
Bottom line on this team is that we MUST improve at the receiver position, while at the same time improving at many other positions. The idea that we somehow are going to fill all our needs in the draft, keep all our free agents (therein keeping us from creating more holes) is unrealistic. We are going to have to look at some smart trades. You can find a problem with every player in the NFL because after all, no one is perfect. But we are going to have to pull the trigger on someone if we want to improve the team, and hopefully have a shot at the playoffs this year.
Don't over pay for avg players who are hot. Jones is avg.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Welker gets the benefit of the doubt and Bowe doesn't????

Tom Brady is throwing the ball to Wes Welker. Matt Cassel (Brady's Backup) is throwing the ball to Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is an elite receiver with crappy quarterbacks throwing him the football.

He's not one of the game's elite. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's in the second tier of #1's and he's a guy known for dropping passes .... CATCH-ABLE passes (over 10%) and according to accounts has shown up to camp in the past overweight and takes plays off. But you'll probably blame that on the fact he's playing for the Chiefs.

He's certainly not happy there, but that isn't an excuse for taking plays off. But the numbers don't lie, Bowe is a very productive player, and has been so for years. I believe that if Bowe was motivated, and on a better team, that he would be even better. He's got that type of talent. If he's already producing on a bad team like the Chiefs, imagine what he's capable of in a receiver friendly system like ours? Brian Hartline racked up over 200 yards in a game, imagine what Bowe could do?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
This thread is about Bowe. Not just Miami trading for a Wr, so it is off topic.

:cry:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

If you have the chance to get Bowe I would say do it. Far more upside than Gaffney at this point.
Did we sort of admit in this thread that Tom Brady is a good QB? .... shocking.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
If you have the chance to get Bowe I would say do it. Far more upside than Gaffney at this point.

Anyone who can't admit Brady's talents is a hater and needs to grow up. I got over the blind hatred for rivals when I got out of my teens. LOL

Regardless, I dunno ...... 28 going on 29, will command a pretty sizable extension, not one of the game's elite, the drop issues ..... If Tanny is going to be here awhile, I'd rather draft and/or commit money to a guy in his earlier 20's. Even with the cap space next year, we still have a lot of decisions to make on players who will need extensions. If you re-sign Hartline and extend Bowe, you basically say that's it for the receiving core.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It would be interesting to know if Ireland and Philbin even feel Bowe fits their scheme and plans for the future. My gut feeling is that they will find a way to make due with their existing roster and organically grow that wide receiver spot i.e. hoping to get more production with guys like Marlon Moore etc. Gaffney, we hope comes out of this bye week with more knowledge and confidence of the offense, so that he can help make a positive impact as well.

Next draft, I expect Miami to take an offensive play maker with their first pick. and continue to the youth movement.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
It would be interesting to know if Ireland and Philbin even feel Bowe fits their scheme and plans for the future. My gut feeling is that they will find a way to make due with their existing roster and organically grow that wide receiver spot i.e. hoping to get more production with guys like Marlon Moore etc. Gaffney, we hope comes out of this bye week with more knowledge and confidence of the offense, so that he can help make a positive impact as well.

Next draft, I expect Miami to take an offensive play maker with their first pick. and continue to the youth movement.

Agree, Bowe will demand too much, he currently has a base salary of $9.5 mil. The Dolphins will not match or much less add to that. Per base salary, Bowe's currently the 2nd highest paid WR, second only to Vincent Jackson. He's not the best WR in the NFL, so he shouldn't be complaining about $$.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:42 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Mike Wallace is having a pretty good year.....The Steelers are most likely out of it with a loss tonight. Maybe he is back on the market?

But as we know some of the moves Ireland HASN'T made have been some of the best moves the team has made.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Mike Wallace is having a pretty good year.....The Steelers are most likely out of it with a loss tonight. Maybe he is back on the market?

But as we know some of the moves Ireland HASN'T made have been some of the best moves the team has made.

Well they won...........don't think we're going to make a big trade before the deadline.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Anyone who can't admit Brady's talents is a hater and needs to grow up. I got over the blind hatred for rivals when I got out of my teens. LOL

Regardless, I dunno ...... 28 going on 29, will command a pretty sizable extension, not one of the game's elite, the drop issues ..... If Tanny is going to be here awhile, I'd rather draft and/or commit money to a guy in his earlier 20's. Even with the cap space next year, we still have a lot of decisions to make on players who will need extensions. If you re-sign Hartline and extend Bowe, you basically say that's it for the receiving core.

Why can't we do both? Who says we can't sign Bowe and also draft a receiver in the first couple of rounds? In that scenario we'd have Bowe, Bess, Hartline, a Draft Pick, and Gaffney if we want to keep him around. We could spread teams out all day long.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:44 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Agree, Bowe will demand too much, he currently has a base salary of $9.5 mil. The Dolphins will not match or much less add to that. Per base salary, Bowe's currently the 2nd highest paid WR, second only to Vincent Jackson. He's not the best WR in the NFL, so he shouldn't be complaining about $$.

I don't think he's top five, but he's top ten in my opinion. He'd be a great addition if we could lock him down to a multi-year deal. I'd love to see us get him for four years and $30M or less (front load the contract to make him happy now). At that price we can make it work and still sign our draft picks/other free agents. If he wants more than $8M a season, he can go elsewhere. Good receivers don't grow on trees, but they do pop up all over the place in the first three rounds of the draft.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

without Bowe we're probably headed for 7-9 this year. With him.....probably 9-7 and a possible wildcard.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
shularino wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I don't think he's top five, but he's top ten in my opinion. He'd be a great addition if we could lock him down to a multi-year deal. I'd love to see us get him for four years and $30M or less (front load the contract to make him happy now). At that price we can make it work and still sign our draft picks/other free agents. If he wants more than $8M a season, he can go elsewhere. Good receivers don't grow on trees, but they do pop up all over the place in the first three rounds of the draft.

We traded Marshall to get out of his contract.......atleast we got some draft picks. It seems highly unlikely we would then pay Bowe a huge contract + give pick(s) to KC.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He may just want to come here..Hometown discount.

We already know he wants out of KC.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

I think that's wishful thinking, Bowe goes where the $$ goes.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I think that's wishful thinking, Bowe goes where the $$ goes.

That's true, if every South Florida native came to the Dolphins for a home team discount we'd have half the talent in the NFL.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2