View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rumor: Fins in talks with Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Rumor: Fins in talks with Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe
3rd Rd pick is what I'd give up. Gonna have to pay Bowe or lose him.

PFT Reporting

Quote:
Report: Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City “very badly”

The Chiefs and wide receiver Dwayne Bowe weren’t able to come to agreement on a long-term deal this offseason, leaving Bowe to play out the year under the franchise tag before taking another whack at an extension.

Or not. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that Bowe wants out of Kansas City “very badly.” With the Chiefs sputtering and headed toward an offseason of changes if that doesn’t change, that could make him a trade target before the trade deadline. When coming up with teams that might be interested, the Dolphins would be near the top of the list.

We already know that they are targeting a No. 1 receiver in the offseason and they have a slew of early draft picks thanks to the Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis trades, so someone connected the dots enough for Cole to get asked during a radio interview about the potential of a deal. There were some reports that Cole said the two sides are talking, something he clarified via tweet. Cole said he had no information about talks as yet between the two sides, but called Bowe a “logical target” for Miami.

Whether in the next few weeks or come the offseason, there figures to be a fair amount of talk about Bowe and the Dolphins.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Rumor: Fins in talks with Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe
Nobody has said they're in talks.

Wouldn't make sense for Miami anyway. He'll be 29 next off season when you'll have to pay him, plus give up a draft pick mid season...We've already seen how hard it is to grasp the offense. And Bowe is known as a prima-dona.

I'd be shocked if this is legit.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I could see this happening as I see this team as being a legit contendor for a wildcard spot. I agree though with PR on the problems associated with any deal for him. He is very close to 29 and has been a bit of a headache for KC. I don't know if he is the guy we want, but it seems that is par for the course when it comes to most #1 receivers. He would improve the team, but I wouldn't want him for more than a 3rd. The other thing to consider is the price tag associated with resigning him.
Still, we have to make some moves at the receiver position in order to compete in this league at a high level. Sometimes you have to roll the dice....

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I don't know that I would be shocked, but I don't know that Ireland will want to have to give up a draft pick and pay Bowe big money. Especially when you have your own key free agent that you need to re-sign.

Bowe is a talented player, but he has had his issue while with KC, and while I would not put him in the Brandon Marshall category, Philbin is a coach that does not seem to want to deal with "ME" kind of players.

Also, Bowe will hit 29 on 9/21, which would be during the season.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd offer them Matt Moore and a late round pick, see if they bite. Right now they're going nowhere fast and a quarterback could have a much larger impact than a receiver, especially a receiver that wants out. If Bowe is capable of picking up the offense and making an impact, then this could have huge implications for our season. Bowe mixed with Hartline and Bess would give Tannehill a solid receiver group.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'd offer them Matt Moore and a late round pick, see if they bite. Right now they're going nowhere fast and a quarterback could have a much larger impact than a receiver, especially a receiver that wants out. If Bowe is capable of picking up the offense and making an impact, then this could have huge implications for our season. Bowe mixed with Hartline and Bess would give Tannehill a solid receiver group.

We've got two sixths and two sevenths to work with.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I predicted this deal the other day on here. I've been on a roll this season.
forecasted correctly Ocho and Davis' exits and now Bowe to Miami.

They're smelling playoffs this year and know they need a true number 1.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've never once heard of Bowe being a problem child in his time in the NFL.
I would need some facts to support that statement.
We have plenty of picks and he's worth it.

Give them a 2nd rounder and we'd still have a 1, 2, and two 3's.

get another WR, a TE, CB and guard in rounds 1 -3.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In the last 3 years:

#4 in drops
#9 in drop rate

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... receivers/

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Just signed Gafney and he hasnt even suited up, now going to trade for Bowe?

Dont see it as a good move, he is going to want way too much money. Can use that money in other places.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
In the last 3 years:

#4 in drops
#9 in drop rate

You've got to be thrown the ball to drop it..............Wes Welker is No. 2 on that list. In fact that list contains some of the best recievers in the NFL. The story is those receivers are thrown to alot because they are very good, but they will occassionally drop a few.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He would probably help out if we were in the hunt for the playoffs. But the trade deadline is so early, it's hard to make that call beforehand.

The pick(s) and money could be spent to improve the team in many other ways. So the logic to me is: is Philbin desperate to make the playoffs this year? This isn't a "must win now" team, nor a coach forced to be in that situation. I think Philbin has more patience than that.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
He would probably help out if we were in the hunt for the playoffs. But the trade deadline is so early, it's hard to make that call beforehand.

The pick(s) and money could be spent to improve the team in many other ways. So the logic to me is: is Philbin desperate to make the playoffs this year? This isn't a "must win now" team, nor a coach forced to be in that situation. I think Philbin has more patience than that.

It would be nice to win now, we're currently tied for the lead in the Division. Bowe's 29 not 39, he's got atleast 3+ years of solid production left. We defiantely don't have anyone on the receiving corps to compare with Bowe. He'll often demand double teams, especially in the redzone......that should improve everyone's performance.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:18 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
It would be nice to win now, we're currently tied for the lead in the Division.

It is always nice to win now.
We are tied for fist, with 10 games left. There is a LONG way to go.

Let me promote my point by asking this: what has Philbin done to make you think he is about winning now? I get the impression he will sacrifice the "now" to set up his strategy of being an every year contender in a very short period of time.

Who knows. Maybe he likes this move. But most likely he will not be interested. And Ireland will do his job, and make phone calls to find out a price. And there will be rumours swirling because of it

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
In the last 3 years:

#4 in drops
#9 in drop rate

You've got to be thrown the ball to drop it..............Wes Welker is No. 2 on that list. In fact that list contains some of the best recievers in the NFL. The story is those receivers are thrown to alot because they are very good, but they will occassionally drop a few.

Those stats don't show Bowe's "targets" so you're kind of making an assumption without the data. Guys like Welker, they get the benefit of the doubt. Bowe? No.

Look at the different between Fitz and Bowe on the drop % amongst catchable passes. Fitz is elite! That's what we should aspire to find in a receiver. Not a guy who drops over 10% of catchable balls.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
shularino wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
In the last 3 years:

#4 in drops
#9 in drop rate

Those stats don't show Bowe's "targets" so you're kind of making an assumption without the data. Guys like Welker, they get the benefit of the doubt. Bowe? No.

Look at the different between Fitz and Bowe on the drop % amongst catchable passes. Fitz is elite! That's what we should aspire to find in a receiver. Not a guy who drops over 10% of catchable balls.

It comes down to "what's the cost", obviously Bowe doesn't deserve a 1st round pick, but a 2nd.........hmmm or a 3rd and 5th......hmmm, and then there's his salary, I wouldn't pay him Top 10 receiver salary, but maybe something inline with 15 - 20.....we'll see.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
It comes down to "what's the cost", obviously Bowe doesn't deserve a 1st round pick, but a 2nd.........hmmm or a 3rd and 5th......hmmm, and then there's his salary, I wouldn't pay him Top 10 receiver salary, but maybe something inline with 15 - 20.....we'll see.

Someone will overpay in the free agent market next year. He knows this. So why would he come down off salary demands now?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
shularino wrote:

Someone will overpay in the free agent market next year. He knows this. So why would he come down off salary demands now?

You maybe right.........but I'm not sure his stock value will be any higher after the season then it is now. Teams that are in playoff contention, maybe willing to overpay since he's the only big name on the market. After the season, there's more options.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I see this situation as a win win. We pass we can try and build through the draft. We get him for the right price and we have a solid number 1. Or atleast a redzone target. I'd personally rather see what Gaffeny can do!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dwayne Bowe has been one of the best receivers in football ever since he was drafted 6 years ago, all while playing with pedestrian quarterbacks in KC.

The Dolphins need a true, No. 1 receiver to take their passing game to the next level. Bowe has proven over his career that he can put up good numbers, despite inconsistent quarterback play in Kansas City. Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill has done a great job developing with the thin group of receivers he has. A big, athletic target like Bowe would speed up Tannehill's learning curve even more. The trio of Bowe, Brian Hartline and Davone Bess in the slot could be formidable. The AFC East is wide open with four teams, including Miami (3-3), in a tie for first place. This is a good time for the Dolphins to make a move and push for the playoffs. The Dolphins have plenty of draft capital to trade, including five picks in the first three rounds. Bowe is a Miami native who reportedly wants out of Kansas City.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... ks-rewards

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Trade rumors are swirling that the Miami Dolphins might be interested in Kansas City Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe. Keep in mind this is only speculation. Nothing official is coming from the Chiefs or the Dolphins, who are on a bye week. But now that we got that disclaimer out of the way, let’s explore the possibilities of Bowe to Miami. It would be a high-risk, high-reward move for the Dolphins.

Here are pros and cons of a potential trade for Miami:

Pros: The Dolphins need a true, No. 1 receiver to take their passing game to the next level. Bowe has proven over his career that he can put up good numbers, despite inconsistent quarterback play in Kansas City. Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill has done a great job developing with the thin group of receivers he has. A big, athletic target like Bowe would speed up Tannehill's learning curve even more. The trio of Bowe, Brian Hartline and Davone Bess in the slot could be formidable. The AFC East is wide open with four teams, including Miami (3-3), in a tie for first place. This is a good time for the Dolphins to make a move and push for the playoffs. The Dolphins have plenty of draft capital to trade, including five picks in the first three rounds. Bowe is a Miami native who reportedly wants out of Kansas City.

Cons: Bowe is playing on a one-year franchise tag, and there is no guarantee that he would stay with the Dolphins for the long term. The Dolphins have about a half-dozen pending free agents who are important to the team. Players like left tackle Jake Long, tailback Reggie Bush, cornerback Sean Smith, defensive tackle Randy Starks and Hartline all will seek raises and contract extensions this offseason. Trading for Bowe would add his name to the list. Miami can’t keep everyone and may be trading away the future to rent Bowe for 10 games. Bowe also comes with baggage. He was suspended for four games in 2009 for taking a banned weight-loss supplement. Bowe also has been in and out of the doghouse various times in Kansas City and wants a big payday. The Dolphins just traded troubled receiver Brandon Marshall. They also cut Chad Johnson after he got in trouble this summer. Can Miami take in another troubled but talented receiver?

That is the good and the bad of Miami going after Bowe. The Dolphins have to make a decision before the Oct. 30 trade deadline if they’re interested.

Should Miami make this move?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

From blogger CKParrot:

Quote:
Why are we paying a 3rd round pick for 10 games, though? He'll spend 3 or 4 of those games just trying to learn the offense (which has already stumped guys like Anthony Armstrong and Jabbar Gaffney).

I just don't get it.

He's going to be a free agent this year. KC sure as hell isn't franchising him again, and he sure as hell isn't re-signing with them. He's from Miami. If the Dolphins really have a boner for the guy (which I tend to doubt now, and I'll get to the why's of that later) then they can just go out and get him in free agency. You pick him up now, there's nothing that says he's going to sign a good deal with you. You get him for 10 games. You'd probably want to get a contract agreement in place before you trade for him but there's no real difference between negotiating with him now and negotiating with him in March.

People say that in March he'll get more money because he'll be bid up. Well, that actually works both ways. I've seen just as many instances of a guy getting bid DOWN when he hits the free agent market and realizes that the seeds he's sewn in the past mean teams aren't willing to pay for it. For a player, hitting free agency and letting the market set your price can be a lot scarier than negotiating with one team that is so desperate for you that they're ready to send a draft pick just for a partial season with you. It cuts both ways. The market could up your price by showing out multiple teams ready to pay a ton for you, but the market could also sink your price by showing what the league as a whole really thinks of your value. It's like a coin flip, and I would say the odds are actually in favor of the team trading for a guy early ending up with a more expensive contract than the guy would have gotten in free agency...because of signaling. When a team comes at you early trying to trade a pick in order to get your rights early so that they can get you at the negotiating table and producing for a partial season, they're signaling HEAVY interest which belies a high evaluation. And since this is a mano y mano process (trade) then all it takes is one team to end up with a ridiculous contract. But in a multi-party process (free agency) it takes more than one team in order to create a mega contract via bidding war. And that's if those teams are willing to undergo that. Most teams try and operate in a vaccuum to where they're not open to increasing their offer based on other teams' offers. They will, however, keep their offer artificially low based on other teams' offers.

All I'm saying is, a 3rd round pick for a 10 games, only 6 or 7 of which he'll likely be effective...not something I'm up for, personally. Just get him in free agency.

As for reasons you might want to avoid him...attitude and work ethic. He shows up to camp overweight every year. He makes himself a distraction. He runs lazy on the field especially if he doesn't think the ball is going his way. I certainly don't think he fits what Joe Philbin wants from that standpoint and my only question would be if Philbin stands up for what he believes in and tells Jeff Ireland that, rather than just allowing Jeff to call the shots and acquire players he knows don't mesh well with Philbin (ehem, OchoCinco).

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I dont get it either.

Dont get giving up picks for guys that will be a FA in the off season
Dont get giving up picks for a vet WR when we have already signed 2 that dont see the field
Dont get giving another FA WR a bunch of money, when we have other players that need to be addressed

Just draft someone or wait til they hit the market and see what the bidding is at.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
I dont get it either.

Dont get giving up picks for guys that will be a FA in the off season
Dont get giving up picks for a vet WR when we have already signed 2 that dont see the field
Dont get giving another FA WR a bunch of money, when we have other players that need to be addressed

Just draft someone or wait til they hit the market and see what the bidding is at.

I agree with several of your points, but it ultimately comes down to what it costs. Ireland has to kick the tires on this. I'm not an expert on NFL rules, but it seems logical that the Dolphins and Bowe could agree to a long-term deal as condition of the trade.

So what's he worth..........a 3rd + another pick.....a current player? From a salary standpoint, I think he should get paid something in the range of what the top 15th receciver is getting.

One thing is apparent...........the Cheifs should trade him and try to get some value while they still can.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

shularino wrote:

I agree with several of your points, but it ultimately comes down to what it costs. Ireland has to kick the tires on this. I'm not an expert on NFL rules, but it seems logical that the Dolphins and Bowe could agree to a long-term deal as condition of the trade.

So what's he worth..........a 3rd + another pick.....a current player? From a salary standpoint, I think he should get paid something in the range of what the top 15th receciver is getting.

One thing is apparent...........the Cheifs should trade him and try to get some value while they still can.

I think Ireland is surely kicking the tires, thats why we are reading these reports.

I dont know what they want for him, or what kind of money he wants.
I dont see the tandem of Ireland/Philbin throwing picks and big money at him tho, the way this team is playing now we can win games, take our picks and money and go into the offseason with a goal and vision.

Johnson, Armstrong, Gafney.... They are surely not ignoring the need at all. But seem to have a tough time finding the right guy.

I would not give up more than a 3rd tho, and def not 2 picks... 2 picks could get us back into the first round, draft a WR there....

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

They aren't going to do it without having an extension in place. DUH. And if that's the case.. You pull the trigger now if you think he can get you into the playoffs. Why? Because there is NO guarantee that we get him when he is a FA.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hypocritex.........your Avatar is hilarious......serious.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Yeah but it's time to change the wallpaper! lol!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not buying this in the least. Whether or not you want to take them at their word, the brass has already said they are building through the draft. Based on everything they did this offseason I'd say the evidence supports this. They will sign bargain free agents or trade late round picks for guys who had considered underachievers (Bush), but I doubt they make big moves for unknown personalities. Didn't work with Marshall and some other less notables.

If any picks get traded it will be to move up or down in the draft.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
shularino wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
In the last 3 years:

#4 in drops
#9 in drop rate

Welker gets the benefit of the doubt and Bowe doesn't????

Tom Brady is throwing the ball to Wes Welker. Matt Cassel (Brady's Backup) is throwing the ball to Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is an elite receiver with crappy quarterbacks throwing him the football.

In my opinion, if this guy isn't a diva, if he fits our system, if he fits our lockerroom, and if our coaches like him, then this is a good fit. But that is a lot of ifs.

I'm still highly skeptical we pull this deal off. I just don't see Bowe wanting to take a pay cut to stay in Miami long term. I also don't see the Chiefs wanting to let him go for next to nothing, because you know that is what Ireland is going to offer. We're probably treating this guy as a loan with the potential to be a long term player. So I doubt we're willing to heavily invest.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MdDolfan wrote:
Yeah but it's time to change the wallpaper! lol!

I would! I requested a new signature in the "Request a signature" forum FOREVER ago.. still nothing.. Not even a response as to anyone who would work on it. Took me a year to get this one 2 years ago.. I expect it will take as long or longer again.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Welker gets the benefit of the doubt and Bowe doesn't????

Tom Brady is throwing the ball to Wes Welker. Matt Cassel (Brady's Backup) is throwing the ball to Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is an elite receiver with crappy quarterbacks throwing him the football.

He's not one of the game's elite. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's in the second tier of #1's and he's a guy known for dropping passes .... CATCH-ABLE passes (over 10%) and according to accounts has shown up to camp in the past overweight and takes plays off. But you'll probably blame that on the fact he's playing for the Chiefs.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

As someone already said, you can't just bring a guy in and have him go from Day 1. This system takes a little time to learn and its part of the reason why Gaffney hasn't hit the field yet.

Mike Lombardi made a great comparison when asked about the Patriots needing to trade for a DB when he said this isn't baseball where you can just trade for a 3rd basemen and plug him in. In the case of Bowe, you're not even sure if he is staying long term. Why risk having him take a couple weeks or even a month to truly be effective when you don't even know if you'll be in the playoff race?

Miami has been fortunate that injuries haven't decimated the roster. All it takes is a key injury to the OL or DL and suddenly they lose the edge they've had so far. The Bowe trade will have been a wasted investment if he finally turns it on in December for nothing more than a few meaningless victories for pride.

To be honest, I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Bowe become a Jet. They are desperate and the Ryan/Sanchez duo are fighting for their jobs.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

He's not one of the game's elite. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's in the second tier of #1's and he's a guy known for dropping passes .... CATCH-ABLE passes (over 10%) and according to accounts has shown up to camp in the past overweight and takes plays off. But you'll probably blame that on the fact he's playing for the Chiefs.

I agree. Would rather not trade for him, but if they did then a extension should be part of getting the deal done. It would not sway me from going after a Wr in Rd 1 though.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:37 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

James Jones is leading the NFL in touchdown receptions

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
James Jones is leading the NFL in touchdown receptions

Why stuff like this matters in a thread about D. Bowe being possibly traded is kinda off topic. If you want to start a thread about James Jones TD catches, then that is where it would belong or go back to the original James Jones thread from month or so ago.

It is appreciated if you would let threads stay on topic, instead of hijacking them..

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:40 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well it is on topic...Because you were saying the same stupid things about him...

Pouncy Tannehill Cam Newton James Jones... It goes on and on with you

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Regardless, why waste a 3rd for a 28 Yr old Wr with catching issues.

Jones is only looked upon with fondness because Miami's Wr are horrible.

Of coarse that means Bess and Hartline suck , i guess?

:)

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:54 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Well it is on topic...Because you were saying the same stupid things about him...

Pouncy Tannehill Cam Newton James Jones... It goes on and on with you

Thanks again for trying to derail a thread with your personal issue stuff.

No one cares.

I'm sure Dave, Mak & the rest of the posters here would appreciated it, if you would simply get a life or at worst, PM this personal crap to people. Either way I'd say they want you to shut the heck up with this personal BS

PM stands for Personal Message. Use it.

Obviously you have not watch Cam play this year.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Actually Scott, bringing up James Jones isn't off topic. We are talking about trading for a receiver. Kev is stating that previous conversations about trading for receivers this year have been met with the same kind of skepticism. I'd say the comment is fair game.

Bottom line on this team is that we MUST improve at the receiver position, while at the same time improving at many other positions. The idea that we somehow are going to fill all our needs in the draft, keep all our free agents (therein keeping us from creating more holes) is unrealistic. We are going to have to look at some smart trades. You can find a problem with every player in the NFL because afterall, no one is perfect. But we are going to have to pull the trigger on someone if we want to improve the team, and hopefully have a shot at the playoffs this year.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next