View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dolphins versatile TE Fasano not flashy, but is consistent 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins versatile TE Fasano not flashy, but is consistent
Quote:
Anthony Fasano is rarely mentioned among the sexier, game-breaking tight ends in the NFL like a Tony Gonzalez, Rob Gronkowski, Vernon Davis or Jason Witten, who he broke in with at Dallas before joining the Dolphins in 2008.
Fasano may not be a seam-breaking, acrobatic tight end or a red-zone monster. He probably won't make ESPN SportsCenter's top 10 plays or even take a Pro Bowl trip to Hawaii.
But none of that fazes the consistent, seven-year pro out of Notre Dame, whose all-around skills - including run- and pass-blocking - has him ranked eighth among tight ends by Pro Football Focus, a statistical-heavy Web site that breaks down every snap.
"I think being consistent helps your team win and that's my job, to help my team within my role,'' said Fasano,

"He's exceeded my expectations from the minicamp and preseason,'' Sherman said. "He just keeps getting better and better, and more familiar with the offense. He's doing stuff out there that I would expect him to do next year and the year after, but he's taken it to another level.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins versatile TE Fasano not flashy, but is consistent
I'd love to see the Dolphins get Tyler Eifert, another Notre Dame tightend in next years draft. He's another all around guy like Fasano, but with better ball skills. I think he could really add another dimension to the passing game considering Clay and Engew have dissapointed thus far.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]