View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 You do not ask your rookie QB to win games... 
Author Message
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 233
Post You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
They say you don't start a rookie QB, and if you're stupid enough or desperate enough to ignore that adage, then you better protect him and give him one reliable pass catcher, preferably a tight end. And...under no circumstances—ever, should you ask to win the game for you. Ever!

Miami's not the only team ignoring that sage advice, and today shows you just why they should. Statistically, Tannehill wasn't all that impressive, if you judge him by his 21 of 29 for 185 yards day, with two touchdowns. And if you drag out the ole game manager yardstick, it still looks like a weak to ho-hum performance. Statistics like 4 for 12 on third down, 18 rushes for 19 yards for a 1.1 average per run. 26:37 minutes of possession. Nothing to walk off the field and be too proud of.

If you didn't watch the game and just read the statistics, you'd have thought Miami would have lost, maybe by a lopsided score—and you would be wrong. You'd probably be wondering if a rookie QB was more of a burden then the team could handle. And you would be wrong. Tannehill misfired a couple of times, but at no point did he throw anything even close to interception. His game plan was reduced to take a licking while waiting for his chances, because the offensive line lost the line of scrimmage battle early and never got it back. Tannehill got exactly three shots in this game, and converted on two. And Miami won.

It's one of those—I don't understand—because the statistics all say it was the poor to okay performance he's turned in all year. For the year he's thrown 4 TD's to 6INT's with a 71.54 QB rating. You have to watch his games and compare them to the other QB's, to understand the phenomenon, and why Miami fans everywhere are estatic. The rookie is running the offense, like Peyton Manning. Yes, I dare to go there. They are two different QB's, and Peyton has a lot more freedom, because he's been there and done that, but Ryan looks like he might get close in hurry. He made no bad decisions in this game, and he took what he could get, patiently waiting. He didn't press, like a certain other QB, who plays in our division. He didn't intentionally ground a ball twice in a close game, eventually losing, like another QB in our division. (We won't mention the 4th QB, because he plays up north in a wasteland, we Phin fans hope continues to remain that way.)

No, he took what he could get, and waited for patiently for the chance. No pressing the ball into triple coverage on a third and eight, that he had originally converted, but was called back for holding not once but twice, putting the offense in a dire second and sixteen situation. Nope, two dink and dunks and it was forth and three. The punt team comes out. What you say? This is the NFL, you have to convert those if you want to win. Well not in this game. In this game, field position mattered.

This game was won in the red zone, because between the thirty yard lines, the Rams owned Miami. They seemed to move at will, but once they got inside the twenty, disaster struck continuously. You could call it bad luck, self implosion, problems adapting to the weather, whatever, but the Rams seemed to think crossing the goaline line was akin to 'paying for bounties. Maybe they were so use to winning on the leg of their rookie kicker, known as Legatron, they didn't want jinx him. Even the one TD they did score was questionable, because it was a close call whether Bradford actually stuck the ball in with Dansby trying to bend him like a coat-hanger.

Tannehill was asked to win this game and it wasn't by putting on an aerial display like in the Cardinal game a few weeks back. Coach Philbin is smarter than that, even in this platinum age of passing. You win by the pass , but you can die by the pass, especially—when your WR's aren't exactly know for being clutch.

Miami's rookie Head Coach asked his rookie QB to win the game using his head—something you never ask a rookie QB to do, but he did because he had to. Miami might have had the best front seven in football coming into this game, but Philbin had seen enough in the day, he didn't want the game in their hands at the end. He put it in Ryan's hands and asked to him to win it, and the Rookie did. Miami was clinging to a three point lead, with five minutes and some change on the board. They didn't need to score to put it away, they just needed to run some time off the clock, and give the ball back to the Rams in bad field position.

Tannehill did well, considering the Phins didn't score on the drive. He completed two passes on the drive when he had to, and ran once, making sure he stayed in bounds to keep the clock running. He produced when his veteran running back couldn't convert two third and one's. Philbin liked what he saw so much, he opted to fake a punt on fourth and inches, just to keep the ball in Tannehill's hands.

The Result? The Rams got the ball on their three yard line with a buck forty five remaining. They drove to Miami's thirty, before being sacked back far enough, their last chance was a 66yrd field goal aimed at the same set of goal posts, their kicker had missed twice from before. You knew at the moment it was over, and I seriously doubt many fans held their breath on whether he'd make it or not, because that would be a NFL record, and the NFL gods weren't being particularly kind to either team on this day. He missed, rewarding Philbin in his faith in Tannehill, and Miami trots into the bye at 3-3.

My game ball goes to Ryan Tannehill for using his brain instead of of his arm.
A wonderful victory against a team that we didn't match up with very well. A team that thoroughly dominated the lines today and still came up short.


Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
I don't consider completing over 70% of your passes and throwing two touchdowns for a 112 quarterback rating to be a ho-hum day. In fact, I think it was his best performance of the season. He was cool, collective, and he always stayed positive even when penalties and drops affected drives. Tannehill was our best player today. He carried his team and took one step closer to being a franchise quarterback.
The offensive line and runningbacks were what failed us today. We let the Rams dominate the line of scrimmage and that can't continue to happen if we want to consistently win games. Early in the year we thought we were going to be a juggernaut running the ball this season, but now it's obvious that teams are going to leave seven and eight guys in the box all day long and force Tannehill to beat them. The good news for us is he showed today that he's capable of putting the team on his back and winning close games. Is that a recipe for success, no, but it's our reality right now. Our season is tied to the success of Tannehill.


Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4447
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
I think some are still in shock, others still waiting for the bottom to drop and wheels to fall off.
I may be a bit of both.

Its been a long time......


But if you watch and understand football, then you realize what your seeing. Even if its hard to believe, and we are waiting for something bad to happen...

Ryan Tannehill is a real deal QB, he has poise, awareness, accuracy, strength and if those weren't goo enough, the kid can scramble to keep plays alive and is very accurate on the run....

I think what impresses me the most is his ability to recover after a play, whether its a sack, missed route, INT, whatever... Next play he looks like nothing happened.. it looks like we found a QB and coach....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:08 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5724
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
I couldnt help but wonder what was going through Jason and Zach's minds watching that game.....

"Boy I wish we had this guy playin quarterback for the 10 years we were here"


Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4447
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
swerve13 wrote:
I couldnt help but wonder what was going through Jason and Zach's minds watching that game.....

"Boy I wish we had this guy playin quarterback for the 10 years we were here"


They had a decent QB when they got here, forget his name, some Italian guy... LOL...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
The rookie is showing poise in the pocket. His accuracy has picked up tremendously since the start of the year. However he is most definitely NOT running the offense like Peyton Manning.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:11 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4576
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
However he is most definitely NOT running the offense like Peyton Manning.

6 games into an NFL career, I would agree Rock. Apatos is just a bit ahead of himself on that comparison. If Tannehill continues to keep his poise and confidence, I like the fact that the Dolphins have a chance to stay in each game they play.

Coming off the bye week and going to the Jets will be huge as the fins can ill afford to lose to them twice.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4447
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Finhead34 wrote:
However he is most definitely NOT running the offense like Peyton Manning.

6 games into an NFL career, I would agree Rock.



Well why the hell not, he should be.. Bench him now!!!
:angry:



:fart:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
10acjed wrote:
Well why the hell not, he should be.. Bench him now!!!
:angry:



:fart:


Can we stop with this already?

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4447
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Well why the hell not, he should be.. Bench him now!!!
:angry:



:fart:


Can we stop with this already?


What sarcastic jokes?

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 233
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Rock Sexton wrote:
The rookie is showing poise in the pocket. His accuracy has picked up tremendously since the start of the year. However he is most definitely NOT running the offense like Peyton Manning.


He reconizes defenses and changes the play accordingly, about one third of the time. No, he does not have the complete Manning-like freedom to essentially act as his own co-ordinator, and probably wil never have with Sherman as his OC. But he's showing he has the ability.

The point is that yesterday, he was asked to win the game by being smart and patient, and he did. I really expect this offense to look like GB's in a year, with a Tannehill playing the role of Aaron Rodgers.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 233
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
10acjed wrote:
I think some are still in shock, others still waiting for the bottom to drop and wheels to fall off.
I may be a bit of both.

Its been a long time......


But if you watch and understand football, then you realize what your seeing. Even if its hard to believe, and we are waiting for something bad to happen...

Ryan Tannehill is a real deal QB, he has poise, awareness, accuracy, strength and if those weren't goo enough, the kid can scramble to keep plays alive and is very accurate on the run....

I think what impresses me the most is his ability to recover after a play, whether its a sack, missed route, INT, whatever... Next play he looks like nothing happened.. it looks like we found a QB and coach....


Yes we have!


Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3290
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Imo comparing Tannehill to Manning and Rodgers is a bridge to far.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Rock Sexton wrote:
The rookie is showing poise in the pocket. His accuracy has picked up tremendously since the start of the year. However he is most definitely NOT running the offense like Peyton Manning.


Peyton Manning runs a lot of no huddle, he makes his reads at the line, then calls audibles at the line and moves his protections around. Tannehill does those very same things if you watch carefully. The only difference I see is that Manning does all of these things a little faster and at a higher level. But a lot of that has to do with his experience and the fact that he's a future Hall of Famer.

You can't say Tannehill is playing at Manning's level, that would be silly. But it isn't outrageous to say he does many of the same things that Manning does. Tannehill does many of the same things that Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and all of the other quarterbacks in the NFL that run a lot of no huddle. He just does it a little slower and not as efficiently. It's because he has only played six games and those guys have played for several years.

Running a no huddle offense isn't that mind blowing, it just takes a smart quarterback, and an offense that is on the same page. Right now our offense doesn't have the proper chemistry, and Tannehill doesn't have enough experience to run it at that level. But give it a few years and I think we'll be tearing teams up.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3290
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Waiting a few years before you put a QB, who has only played 6 games, in comparative sentences involving HOF QB's would seem to be prudent.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
AQNOR wrote:
Waiting a few years before you put a QB, who has only played 6 games, in comparative sentences involving HOF QB's would seem to be prudent.


All I'm pointing out is he does many of the same things. I'm not saying he's on their level, I'm not comparing them talent wise. I'm simply pointing out that he's running a lot of no huddle, the most in the NFL in fact. That's impressive when you consider the only other quarterbacks in the NFL doing the same things are guys with lengthly careers and Super Bowl rings.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
AQNOR wrote:
Waiting a few years before you put a QB, who has only played 6 games, in comparative sentences involving HOF QB's would seem to be prudent.


That's how it works though. During a few games a player struggles, people should wait a couple of years. During a couple games when they are playing well, it's time to start making comparisons.

Tanny running no-huddle has to do with his previous experience in the offense. Common sense here says that if he'd never played a down under Sherman's offense, he would be eased into it. We wouldn't be able to get away with it nearly as much as we are now. Alas, it's great to see the rookie curve in the process of being circumvented the way it has.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Rock Sexton wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Waiting a few years before you put a QB, who has only played 6 games, in comparative sentences involving HOF QB's would seem to be prudent.


That's how it works though. During a few games a player struggles, people should wait a couple of years. During a couple games when they are playing well, it's time to start making comparisons.

Tanny running no-huddle has to do with his previous experience in the offense. Common sense here says that if he'd never played a down under Sherman's offense, he would be eased into it. We wouldn't be able to get away with it nearly as much as we are now. Alas, it's great to see the rookie curve in the process of being circumvented the way it has.


I was comparing Tannehill's skillset to Rodgers before he even got to camp. I was one of the people saying he was a no brainer in the draft. I was also one of the people who said we would be better off starting him instead of Moore. I've been behind this kid the entire time.

Common sense says if he'd never played a down under Sherman that he would be eased into it. No. Common sense says we drafted Tannehill because he's played under Sherman for four years. We always intended to let this kid compete for the job. In my opinion it was his job to lose from the very beginning. Ireland, Philbin, and Sherman had a plan in place a long time ago to build a football team around this kid in my opinion.

Tannehill's running the no-huddle is because of his experience running Sherman's offense at A&M? Not entirely in my opinion. Tannehill is running the no-huddle or hurry up offense because Sherman and Philbin are comfortable with his ability and the fact that he's incredibly intelligent in my opinion. Tannehill runs more hurry up than any other team in the NFL.

All starting quarterbacks in the NFL know their offenses. So why don't they all run the hurry up exclusively? It's because they lack the ability and football IQ to do it effectively. Brady and Manning run no-huddles because it allows them to use their football IQ as a weapon. Their knowledge of the playbook and ability to recognize defensive coverages is what makes the no-huddle a weapon for them. Same thing goes for Tannehill, only he's still learning.


Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Quote:
I was comparing Tannehill's skillset to Rodgers before he even got to camp. I was one of the people saying he was a no brainer in the draft. I was also one of the people who said we would be better off starting him instead of Moore. I've been behind this kid the entire time.


..... And?

We're five games in. I'm going to preempt your follow up comment by saying to you I'm happy we have the kid and he's showing he's further along than anticipated ..... this was the win-win scenario in how the QB position has played out ....... alas c'mon, we're 5 games in. You can't sit there making comparisons to the game's best in 5 games, while also telling everyone else that guys like Tannehill need a couple years from which to be judged.

wkloiber13 wrote:
Common sense says if he'd never played a down under Sherman that he would be eased into it. No. Common sense says we drafted Tannehill because he's played under Sherman for four years. We always intended to let this kid compete for the job. In my opinion it was his job to lose from the very beginning. Ireland, Philbin, and Sherman had a plan in place a long time ago to build a football team around this kid in my opinion.


Where in my response did I say it "WASN'T" common sense to draft Tannehill at some point knowing we had Sherman as our OC? The common sense part was the idea that having a rookie QB running no-huddle as often as he has is a luxury afforded by his previous experience in the offense. Not to mention Sherman's trust in the kid.

BTW I find your comments peculiar given your previous history of the "QB Battle". You maintained forever that the stage was set for a true competition. Now it appears you're backing off those comments. It really doesn't even matter anymore though because we have youth and potential playing well .....

Quote:
Tannehill's running the no-huddle is because of his experience running Sherman's offense at A&M? Not entirely in my opinion. Tannehill is running the no-huddle or hurry up offense because Sherman and Philbin are comfortable with his ability and the fact that he's incredibly intelligent in my opinion. Tannehill runs more hurry up than any other team in the NFL.


You're gonna argue that if he was wet behind the ears in this offense, we'd still be leading the league in no-huddle? You're entitled to that, even if it is an extremely naive perspective.

Quote:
All starting quarterbacks in the NFL know their offenses. So why don't they all run the hurry up exclusively? It's because they lack the ability and football IQ to do it effectively. Brady and Manning run no-huddles because it allows them to use their football IQ as a weapon. Their knowledge of the playbook and ability to recognize defensive coverages is what makes the no-huddle a weapon for them. Same thing goes for Tannehill, only he's still learning.


Brady and Manning run no-huddle effectively and often "now" .... keyword there. It did not originate that way. Tanny's laundry list of things to do on the field is quite a bit shorter than the average rookie. His IQ and prior experience in the offense allow him to focus on the timing and adjustment to the defense as opposed to also having to worry about where his pieces on the offense are as well as the timing of the drops.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5414
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
RT is the most accurate passer Miami has had since Marino. The throws he is making are awesome. Right now I'm happy to wolf down a big slice of humble pie


Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Quote:
Brady and Manning run no-huddle effectively and often "now" .... keyword there. It did not originate that way. Tanny's laundry list of things to do on the field is quite a bit shorter than the average rookie. His IQ and prior experience in the offense allow him to focus on the timing and adjustment to the defense as opposed to also having to worry about where his pieces on the offense are as well as the timing of the drops.


Exactly my point, Tannehill is doing things as a rookie that some of the best in the game didn't do until well into their careers. As far as his laundry list of things to do being shorter than the average rookie, I'll give you that. His learning curve is much less than the average rookie considering his knowledge of the offense. That was the huge appeal with Tannehill going into the draft. But the fact that he's running a hurry up offense is impressive considering his rookie counterparts aren't even doing it at half the rate he is.

Guys like Luck and Weeden are only running hurry up offenses on their two minute drill and when they're trying to score quick points because their team is behind. Tannehill is doing it on almost 70% of the offensive snaps. When you consider the first snap of every drive isn't hurry up, it means that he's actually running it at a much higher percentage than the numbers would indicate. If you take out the opening plays to drives and plays after timeouts or other play stoppages, it means we run the hurry up offense on just about every play. The hurry up is our offense. We run a hurry up West Coast offense.


Last edited by wkloiber13 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
NFLJunkie wrote:
RT is the most accurate passer Miami has had since Marino. The throws he is making are awesome. Right now I'm happy to wolf down a big slice of humble pie


I love the fact that this kid is on the rise while the rest of the quarterbacks in our division seem to be on the downturn. In two years Tannehill and the Dolphins will rule the AFC East.
:runwiththeball:


Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
wkloiber13 wrote:
I love the fact that this kid is on the rise while the rest of the quarterbacks in our division seem to be on the downturn. In two years Tannehill and the Dolphins will rule the AFC East.
:runwiththeball:


"The rest of the QB's"...????

As far as I know, only 1 of them has even been good enough to have a downturn. ;)


Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3290
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
Quote:
All starting quarterbacks in the NFL know their offenses. So why don't they all run the hurry up exclusively? It's because they lack the ability and football IQ to do it effectively.


So that has to be the only reason? It could not be that the head coach might have a different philosophy about football? It could not be that some coaches might want to protect their defense? The only one it could be is lack of ability by qb's?


Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
All starting quarterbacks in the NFL know their offenses. So why don't they all run the hurry up exclusively? It's because they lack the ability and football IQ to do it effectively.


So that has to be the only reason? It could not be that the head coach might have a different philosophy about football? It could not be that some coaches might want to protect their defense? The only one it could be is lack of ability by qb's?


I never said it was the only reason, but it is a large one, perhaps the biggest. Bottom line, if you can speed up your offense, put up a bunch of points, and you have the quarterback to do it, then you usually do it. There is a reason that the most talented quarterbacks in the NFL run the most hurry up, it's because it works and it's an advantage for the teams that run it.


Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: You do not ask your rookie QB to win games...
degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I love the fact that this kid is on the rise while the rest of the quarterbacks in our division seem to be on the downturn. In two years Tannehill and the Dolphins will rule the AFC East.
:runwiththeball:


"The rest of the QB's"...????

As far as I know, only 1 of them has even been good enough to have a downturn. ;)


Very true, Sanchize and Fitzmagic haven't exactly set the league on fire during their respective careers. But either way if I had to guess which quarterbacks will still be starting for their respective teams in three years, Tannehill is probably the safest bet.


Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.