View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Tony Stradford Fired.......Rosenberg is Awful 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Tony Stradford Fired.......Rosenberg is Awful
I'm not from Miami, but used to listen to WQAM online, primarily the Joe Rose show. I couldn't stand Rosenberg..........amazing how someone lost their job for criticizing him.

From the Sun-sentinel.......

Push came to shove between sports talk hosts at WMEN (640-AM) this week, and former Dolphin Troy Stradford is out of his late-morning radio show.

Stradford said he was yanked off the air Thursday after complaining to his listeners about Sid Rosenberg taking up the entire first hour of his 10 a.m.-noon slot. Stradford was later informed of his termination via e-mail.

The run-overs into Stradford’s show have been common since the controversial Rosenberg joined WMEN in August, and Stradford said, “My emotions just got the best of me [Thursday]. You push a dog in a corner, he’s going to fight back at some point.”

Stradford said he had been told that Rosenberg would be given leeway to push the boundaries of his show in quest of ratings in the competitive South Florida sports-talk market.

“They liken it to when Howard Stern was on regular ratio and had the green light; if Howard had something good going he’d go over. … I was never a fan of it,” said Stradford, who questioned on the air whether Rosenberg’s ratings justified the run-overs.

“I alluded to the fact that [in] the last ratings book that Sid had not really delivered the bump that was expected. If he had produced like everyone thought he would have I would have had no problem with it.”

Steve Lapa, general manager for WMEN, could not be reached for comment.

Stradford, 49, who had his show on WMEN for about four years, said he hopes to land with another station in the market. The 1987 AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year is a regular on the Dolphins multi-media show The Finsiders and broadcasts high school football games for Comcast Xfinity.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Tony Stradford Fired.......Rosenberg is Awful
Quote:
“They liken it to when Howard Stern was on regular ratio and had the green light; if Howard had something good going he’d go over. … I was never a fan of it,” said Stradford, who questioned on the air whether Rosenberg’s ratings justified the run-overs.

Stern dominated morning radio in every market, and helped turned sirius into a billion dollar company..... Sid sucks.... Nothing to Liken to... Sid cant even fart in the same room... Only reason am talk radio is popular now is because Stern left and there is nothing to listen to on FM...

Read an article about how "humble" he was after his most recent DUI and firing. Hopefuly he stays sober, or at least doesnt drive and kill someone next time...

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Stradford is awful as well.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

SiriusXM Blitz, hosted by Adam Schein and Rich Gannon..

My favorite...

Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:44 am

10acjed wrote:
SiriusXM Blitz, hosted by Adam Schein and Rich Gannon..

My favorite...

10ac .... There is no better source for NFL , not even the NFL network on TV than the NFL channel in Sirius. Every show on that channel is informative & the hosts are incredible.
I agree with you ... Schein & Gannon are amazing & Amani Toomer in the mornings has the makings to be a real star radio guy.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]