View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dolphins RB Bush (Knee) Limited In Practice 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Dolphins RB Bush (Knee) Limited In Practice
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49379105/ns/sports-nfl/

Quote:
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - Reggie Bush has joined the Miami Dolphins injury list with a sore knee.

The team's leading rusher was added to the injury report after being limited in practice Thursday. Bush hurt his left knee Sept. 23 against the New York Jets but has started every game.

The Dolphins (2-3) are already thin at running back going into Sunday's game against St. Louis (3-2). Backup Daniel Thomas sat out practice for the second day in a row after suffering a concussion for the second time this season last Sunday.

Cornerback Richard Marshall remained sidelined with a back injury. He missed Sunday's win at Cincinnati.

Sounds like Reggie's knee is still an issue. I wonder if he's going to take the majority of the carries this week, or if Miller is going to get the bulk of the touches. The Rams are weak against the run, yet we're suddenly very banged up at RB. I hope Bush will be 100% and ready to go.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Dolphins RB Bush (Knee) Limited In Practice
And without Thomas too. I think that Reggie plays but that we rely more on the passing game than we have in the past.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think Lamar gets the majority of carries...............I don't necessarily see our game plan changing because Reggie is nursing an injury.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:45 am
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

catman_56 wrote:
And without Thomas too. I think that Reggie plays but that we rely more on the passing game than we have in the past.

That may not be such a good idea. We have a very stout secondary and are holding opposing QBs to a passer rating of ~ 69 and our DBs have more ints. (8) than TD passes allowed (2).

Expecting a close fought defensive struggle.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Well if Bush is limited during game time, this isn't a great game for that. Whoever the RB is will need to be able to recognize and pickup the blitz, double a DE when needed and overall just block well for RT. Bush and Thomas do this fairly well. Miller doesn't which is why he hasn't seen the field more. This is not a good game to have your backfield dinged up. The Rams bring the heat really well. Miami needs to pound the ball early between the tackles and lure the Rams into stall ball.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

BigRamFan wrote:
catman_56 wrote:

That may not be such a good idea. We have a very stout secondary and are holding opposing QBs to a passer rating of ~ 69 and our DBs have more ints. (8) than TD passes allowed (2).

Expecting a close fought defensive struggle.

You might be right and it is not intended as disrespect to your team, but we finally have a good young QB and some sneaky receivers that have been making some things happen in the air.

I agree though that it will likely be a defensive struggle and I would bet the under probably.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Reggie staying healthy all of last season was a rarity. This is more of the norm for Reggie & we should consider that when we talk contract with him. Still , we can afford to rest him this game. While Fisher has the Rams going in the right direction , this one we can win without Reggie & not risk further injury when we make our playoff run.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]