View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 In Tuna We Trust 
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post In Tuna We Trust
A good read for a Wednesday when there is really not alot of news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--alleged-bad-advice-from-bill-parcells-threatens-to-sink-chiefs--scott-pioli--dolphins--jeff-ireland.html

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:58 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: In Tuna We Trust
Quote:
Conversely, Ireland just drafted quarterback Ryan Tannehill, a guy who looks like he's going to be a franchise quarterback for the next 12 to 15 years, and played a part in the hiring of coach Joe Philbin, who is looking pretty solid right now. Still, this may not be enough to alter public perception that he's the wrong man for the job.

So he hires a competent coach and drafts a QB that looks to be the answer and we are going to hope he is fired this off season?

Not me thats for sure.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:50 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

So he hires a competent coach and drafts a QB that looks to be the answer and we are going to hope he is fired this off season?

Not me thats for sure.

His non-signings alone gives him job security IMO. The Steelers, Pats, Eagles, and Packers have one thing that we haven't (besides a QB) is stability at the GM and coach position(s). Give him time. Who else would we get?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ireland isn't getting fired. Tannehill appears legit, the defense looks sound, he has stockpiled draft picks, has a boatload of money to spend in FA or re-signing players, and most importantly this roster of unproven guys has shown a lot under a rookie head coach.

I'd say Ireland has done a fair job of undoing the Parcells' model.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ireland is doing a decent job and not to take away the ultimate signing of Tannehill, but let's keep credit where some credit is due and that is the luxury of all the inside information Ireland received from Mike Sherman, Tannehill's college coach. Now at the end of the day, Ireland pulled the trigger drafting him and Ireland has been crucified in Miami and I don't think he is drafting overall that bad as well as other decent team moves and trades. I think Miami is a few players away and closer than we have been in a LONG time of building something steady in Miami. I say keep Ireland and the continuity as long as Philbin and he see eye to eye as I really like Philbin as the head coach.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]