by Ben Volin http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... i-bengals/
Observations and tendencies of the Dolphins’ offense and defense after re-watching the tape of Sunday’s 17-13 win over Cincinnati, plus complete snap counts:
* Once again, the Dolphins went heavy with their base personnel. They went with:
- Base personnel 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR on 27 plays
- 3 WR, 1 RB and 1 TE on 13 plays
- 2 WR, 2 TE and 1 RB on 12 plays
- 2 TE and 2 RB on nine plays
- 4 WR on just 1 snap
* The Bengals stacked the box with 8 defenders on 23 snaps (not including goal line situations), though a good portion came in the fourth quarter when the Dolphins were trying to run out the clock.
* The Dolphins ran 17 times against an 8-man front — including the stuffed attempts on third- and fourth-and-short in the first half — and six passes.
* I counted a blitz on 22 of 50 drop-backs by Andy Dalton (44 percent), about the same rate as the Dolphins’ previous four games.
* The Dolphins stacked the box just seven times on 65 snaps. Dalton hit Jermaine Gresham for 20 yards on a fourth down pass in which the Fins had 8 in the box.