View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Do we have a playoff run in us this year? Absolutely 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Do we have a playoff run in us this year? Absolutely
As I look around the weak AFC, (In My Opinion) Miami is a top 8 team in this conference.

I predict the Patriots, Ravens, Texans and Broncos will win the 4 divisions.
The next best 4 teams to me are the Steelers, Chargers, Colts and Dolphins.

we are 2-3 right now. Now follow me.

Rams-tough slobberknocker game but i give us the edge - Win
Jets-They are a free falling mess! - Win
Colts-Could be a preview of an Elway-Marino type rival for the nexy 12 years -
I'll give a slight edge to Luck. - Loss
Titans-Getting blown out weekly - Win
Bills-As bad as the Jets - Win
Seahawks- This one is a toss up, but i'll be realistic and say we give this one away - Loss
Pats-Lose the first one
Niners-Loss
Jags-Win, we are way better
Bills-Drop a trap game - Loss
Pats-Shock the world in the rematch - Win!

8-8. maybe even 9-7. Might be enough for a wildcard

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Do we have a playoff run in us this year? Absolutely
Right now, Miami is minus 1 in teams they should've beat (NY Jets). They nearly got that back with a steal against AZ. They are going to have to steal a game they're not suppose to win and not lose anymore games they're favored to win. That will be a tough chore.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Tannehill is not going to always play better from week to week. There will be games in which he will regress. It is just a fact of life with a rookie QB.

That being said, I think we're around a .500 team but not a playoff team this year.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Rich wrote:
Tannehill is not going to always play better from week to week. There will be games in which he will regress. It is just a fact of life with a rookie QB.

That being said, I think we're around a .500 team but not a playoff team this year.

Normally i would agree with that statement but I see both wildcard teams being at 9 wins or less. It's just not a good conference this year. The runner up in the AFC West will probably be 8-8.
The Colts are about .500 like us. Pittsburgh doesnt impress me. I will go out on a limb and say that if we can get to 9 wins, we'll make the playoffs. Thats my bold prediction.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Rich wrote:

I fully expected a whole lot more mental mistakes than he's made up to this point. I'm beginning to think the kid has some kind of superhuman ability to avoid the same mistake twice. He isn't taking a whole lot of risks with the ball. He throws well on the run hitting guys in stride. Short of him having to score more than 14 points in a comeback effort which should be an abberration, I can see his consistency throughout the year.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:46 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I wasnt kidding when I said we could have one loss going into the first NE game. Following this team for so long I just feel the more things change (regimes) the more they stay the same. This is the schedule we do best against & we hopefully will take advantage of it & make a SB run. Reality will smack us back in the face the next few seasons when we play the tougher divisions.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

My worry about this team winning enough to make the playoffs is its ability to stage a comeback. We've seen the defense hold opponents down and the offense do enough to score some points but touchdown passes are a problem (not to mention clutch kicking).

I just don't know if this receiving group currently has enough to outrun defenses in a 4th quarter deficit or make a couple of big red zone TD catches when needed. Rushing TDs are great but pounding the ball is time consuming.

Not every opponent is going to put up 20 pts or less.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 am

Jammer...yeah there's two pieces to this team we've not really seen. Can they finish a team early...ie keep putting up points until they quit. The other piece is coming back from more than a 10 point deficit in the first half. Those tests are coming, so far, so good.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
Jags-Win, we are way better

With the way Gabbert is playing, this could be a match up against Henne. That would make this game even more fun to watch.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

You know that & I know that. However, many others will be bashing him for his poor play.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:46 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Week 5 knee-jerk reactions

Knee-jerk reaction
Rebuilding? The Dolphins are a playoff team right now. They should be 4-1.

Reality or not?
Slow down, Miami fans. The Dolphins are playing hard, but they are 2-3 and need to string together more wins.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -reactions

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

With the way Gabbert is playing, this could be a match up against Henne. That would make this game even more fun to watch.

I would LOVE to see Chad Henne start against the Dolphins. Just as much as I would love watching Cameron Wake sacking him along with Sean Smith taking a pick back 100 yards.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Jammer...yeah there's two pieces to this team we've not really seen. Can they finish a team early...ie keep putting up points until they quit. The other piece is coming back from more than a 10 point deficit in the first half. Those tests are coming, so far, so good.

I think they can finish a team early, but maybe not a top 10 team...maybe a repeat of the Raider game. I could see them pounding the Jets or the Bills into oblivion during the first half of the game via turnovers and rushing TDs.

After looking over that schedule again I think the only teams that could run up the score are the Pats and Niners. I don't know, maybe I'm not giving Miami enough credit. The only games I'd bet against them are versus the teams I just mentioned. Still, an 8-3 run is a lot to ask of this young team. As pointed out, the offense isn't going to have turnover free games every week and I completely agree with questioning their ability to comeback until they actually show it.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NFLJunkie wrote:

I'd like to be up two points and see a six minute drive to end the game.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We blew several opportunities and still won the game against the Bengals. If we build off of that win, I think we're capable of winning 8 or 9 games this season. If we do that we'll at least be in contention towards the end of the season. That in my opinion is a step in the right direction.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]