View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I can honestly say that I never felt so Walt Colemaned 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post I can honestly say that I never felt so Walt Colemaned
I just watched the game. 1 min into the game there were already two horrendous calls. First, quick whistle on Dalton. He did fumble but was ruled in the grasp as he was being tackled. Secondly, the punt muff the guy was clearly OB before getting possession of the football. Wow. That and having to endure watching the Patriots hold on every single play yesterday I'm ready for the replacements to come back.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: I can honestly say that I never felt so Walt Colemaned
They were def not on our side most of the day.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
I just watched the game. 1 min into the game there were already two horrendous calls. First, quick whistle on Dalton. He did fumble but was ruled in the grasp as he was being tackled. Secondly, the punt muff the guy was clearly OB before getting possession of the football. Wow. That and having to endure watching the Patriots hold on every single play yesterday I'm ready for the replacements to come back.

Just think what the calls would have been had the replacement refs been making them.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:

Speaking of officiating and the Patriots.....When the Dolphins were trying to run the quick offense last week...The official would stop them at the line until everything was ready to go.

This week the official barely put the ball on the ground and it was being snapped.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
After instant replay, referee Walt Coleman reversed this call, declared the play an incomplete forward pass, and gave possession back to New England. In explaining the reversal to the stadium crowd and the television audience, the referee stated that the ball was moving forward at the time it was dropped. In later interviews, the referee stated that it was his explanation, not the reversal, that was in error; the ball was moving backwards when it was lost, but the tuck rule applied. Thus, the original call was overturned, and New England maintained possession.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NFLJunkie wrote:

Agreed but the biggest blown call of the day goes to the touchback call the Dolphins still lost on replay. Not only was the Bengal player's heal touching the end zone but the bottom of his hand also scrapped goal line when he batted the ball back into the field of play.

Also worthy of mention was AJ Green fumble that he supposedly secured possession of when his knee was on the ground.

That officiating crew was replacement bad!

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Miami's first turnover where the punt hit the guy....the recovering defender was clearly OB...clearly. No question ... no doubt....Coleman looks at it in slomo and still gets it wrong. The guy is cursed. But I'd still rather have him than Steeleratore's Crew...they're arrogant about their mistakes and favor NE teams.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]