View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:33 pm



Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rams next week 
Author Message
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Rams next week
Mindtornado wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
All of those teams are between 25th and 32nd in the NFL in Rushing. The only team Miami face with a solid rushing attack was Houston.



The Dolphins helped give them their current rankings.


Hey I will take it however it comes. Foster, McFadden and Cicnci is # 15 in the league avging 104 per game on the ground.. We held them to under 100.

I cant see us being rolled over by StL. Its not like we even stack the box, we are just running normal fronts most times. Starks, Solia are not easy to get past, and when you do there is Wake, Dansby & Burnnett around every corner..

Just let the kids air it out all day, will be more fun to watch....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:07 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4788
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Rams next week
The Rams defensive line is no joke and they can really put pressure on the QB, so slowing them down will definitely be a key to victory. I also agree by Amendola being out will hurt the Rams offense a bit, but Miami doesn't generally win big, so I am expecting this game to be competitive and Jeff Fisher usually prepares his teams well. At this point, a win is a win for the Fins, but it would be nice to watch a game that Miami takes control from the start and I can actually relax a bit!


Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:56 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
swerve13 wrote:
No I'm being serious. What did Quinn and Long combine for during the first 4 weeks? 3 sacks? and then they played the Cardinals.
I'm really not that scared. You guys may very well sack Tannehill 3 or 4 times but we might get Bradford 5 times.
Long and Quinn are high-motor players, but I don't feel like we're playing against the '85 Bears defense by any stretch.

And Jake Long has been a slow starter every season with the Dolphins, but in the end he always reaches the Pro Bowl. And Pouncey has graded out as the number 1 center in the NFL.
Martin and Jerry have performed well so far.
So our line is far superior to yours.


In the first 4 games Quinn & Long had 5 sacks, not record setting but respectable, and that without the push from the middle of the D line we've gotten since Brockers has returned from injury.

I would not question that your OL is better than ours, we're missing 3 starters and about 30 teams in the league could claim superiority in this area. Also, I never claimed our D has surpassed the '85 Bears...yet. However, I do have faith that our D line will get pressure on your rookie QB and that we absolutely will not get out coached as happened so often in the past.

At the end of the day I like our chances in a low scoring defensive battle possibly decided by a key turnover or a special teams play and if it comes to special teams I think we have the advantage.


Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:50 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
I just got a PM from Big Dave welcoming me to the board. He even created a Rams avatar, as you can see, for me to use. What a class act! I would also like to thank the rest of you for your civility. This is, without exception, the classiest opponent board I have visited.

Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.


Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 am
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6324
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Rams next week
Quote:
In the first 4 games Quinn & Long had 5 sacks, not record setting but respectable



not impressive at all when you consider they played against Chicago, Washington, Detroit and Arizona.
You couldn't have played against any worse offensive lines than that.

Those 2 should have combined for 15 sacks by now.


Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 am
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6324
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Rams next week
the player that scares me the most is Finnegan. I wanted Miami to sign him. He's a stud and could take one to the house this week.


Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
In the first 4 games Quinn & Long had 5 sacks, not record setting but respectable



not impressive at all when you consider they played against Chicago, Washington, Detroit and Arizona.
You couldn't have played against any worse offensive lines than that.

Those 2 should have combined for 15 sacks by now.


AZ was actually game 5, the one you missed was Seattle. I wish we had more sacks to this point as well, but they're coming. Our starting DT missed the first 3 and was limited in the 4th game with a high ankle sprain and this is a new defense for everyone and we are the youngest team in the league. That said we're still #8 in the most important defensive category, points scored against and have only allowed 2 passing TDs this year with an opposing QB rating of ~69. If the 'phins are going to pull this one out I think it will have to be done on the ground. We'll see.


Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
swerve13 wrote:
the player that scares me the most is Finnegan. I wanted Miami to sign him. He's a stud and could take one to the house this week.


He's played quite well for us and just has a knack for getting into the head of the opposing players. I know I HATED him when he was at TEN. However, the rookie on the other side is putting together a pretty good year himself. He had bit too hard a couple of time on double moves but I love his aggressiveness. Have a look at this hit he put on a TE in week 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PhsdrpPAc


Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3434
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post clanram.com
Is predicting a Rams victory. Come back me up!

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/rams- ... ons-49734/

P.S. These guys are pretty classy so please no baffoonary. I have a history with them dating back the last few times we played the rams.


Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: clanram.com
I don't think either team can be overly confident going into this one. Both teams seem very evenly matched in my opinion. I'd argue we're better on both sides of the football, but the Rams are a physical team that cannot be overlooked. I expect a hard fought victory for the Dolphins.

Dolphins 20 - Rams 14


Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6324
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Rams next week
Quote:
Reggie Bush (knee/hip) is absent from the Week 6 injury report.
Bush admitted Wednesday he's playing at less than 100 percent, but it's apparently not affecting his practice routine. Bush has a nice matchup against the Rams' middle-of-the-road run defense before the Dolphins go on bye in Week 7.


advantage Dolphins! LOL


Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.



Thanks and right back at ya.. Glad you came by to mix it up, respectful fun fans of other teams are always welcome..
Going to be a tough game on both sides, fun to watch.. And a home game :yay: and I love the Sunday home game ritual...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
10acjed wrote:
BigRamFan wrote:
Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.



Thanks and right back at ya.. Glad you came by to mix it up, respectful fun fans of other teams are always welcome..
Going to be a tough game on both sides, fun to watch.. And a home game :yay: and I love the Sunday home game ritual...


I've enjoyed this forum, some great fans here. I'll be there Sunday as well! Hopefully the rain stays away.


Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 457
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
10acjed wrote:
BigRamFan wrote:
Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.



Thanks and right back at ya.. Glad you came by to mix it up, respectful fun fans of other teams are always welcome..
Going to be a tough game on both sides, fun to watch.. And a home game :yay: and I love the Sunday home game ritual...


I've enjoyed this forum, some great fans here. I'll be there Sunday as well! Hopefully the rain stays away.



Hopefully when you login Sunday night it will be to congratulate the Dolphins on an amazing win.


Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
I just got a PM from Big Dave welcoming me to the board. He even created a Rams avatar, as you can see, for me to use. What a class act! I would also like to thank the rest of you for your civility. This is, without exception, the classiest opponent board I have visited.

Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.


I'm always curious to see what the opinion of fans around the country is of the Dolphins. What is the opinion of the Dolphins in the heartland?

I think the overall opinion of the Rams around the country right now is that they're a team on the rise. Jeff Fisher is bringing a physical mentality to the team and they're not going to be a team that gets knocked around like they did in years past.


Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
Mindtornado wrote:
Hopefully when you login Sunday night it will be to congratulate the Dolphins on an amazing win.


If the Dolphins wiin, I certainly will. But it won't be until Tuesday AM. I'll be away from the computer until then.


Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:22 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
wkloiber13 wrote:
BigRamFan wrote:
I just got a PM from Big Dave welcoming me to the board. He even created a Rams avatar, as you can see, for me to use. What a class act! I would also like to thank the rest of you for your civility. This is, without exception, the classiest opponent board I have visited.

Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.


I'm always curious to see what the opinion of fans around the country is of the Dolphins. What is the opinion of the Dolphins in the heartland?

I think the overall opinion of the Rams around the country right now is that they're a team on the rise. Jeff Fisher is bringing a physical mentality to the team and they're not going to be a team that gets knocked around like they did in years past.


I, personally, can't speak for the Heartland. I live in the Keys. But all the talk on the rams sites I visit is showing plenty of respect for your team. Everyone is well aware of your #1 ranking against the run but the most common sentiment is that people feel we should be able to pass on your secondary. I know they've played pretty well also, but they are not yet getting the respect your front 7 is getting.

A great site is ramsondemand.com


Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:26 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: Rams next week
Wow BigRamFan, didn't realize you were in the Keys. You lucked out this year.....can't remember the last time the Dolphins played the Rams in Miami.


Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:37 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: Rams next week
Hyde's take on the game. Thomas maybe out and Bush a bit banged up, but that's nothing compared to the injuries to the Rams. The D-line should have a big day.........Bradford say Hello to Mr. Wake!

From David Hyde.........

1. Ryan Tannehill again will go against rookie form. This has all the ingredients of a one-step-back game for Tannehill. St. Louis comes with good, pass-rushing defensive ends, doesn't blitz much (which Tannehill has been very good against) and has talented cornerbacks. Against a rookie quarterback, that's a formula for problems. And mistakes will be the big thing in this game – either from Tannehill or RamsQB Sam Bradford. Tannehill has surpassed hopes even of day-one believers like me thus far. His reads, his throws, his thinking - he’s confident, even fearless, on the field. Anyone who hasn’t seen that the last couple weeks is looking for flaws. My thought after the past two weeks is Tannehill doesn’t step back. He keeps moving forward.

2. The Dolphins defensive line should dominate. You can say that most weeks, but it’s especially true against a beat-up St. Louis offensive line. The Rams are without three opening-day starters (LT Rodger Saffold, G Rokevious Watkins and C Scott Wells). How beat up are they? The Dolphins old friend, former Jets T Wayne Hunter, has started. No wonder St.Louis averages 24th in the league in rushing average (3.7 yds/carry) and is tied for third for most sacks yielded (15). With Randy Starks and Paul Soliai in the middle and Cameron Wake rushing, this should be a dominant day for the Dolphins defensive line.

3. Besides injuries on the offensive line, Rams receiver Danny Amendola is out. He’s not elite an elite receiver like the Dolphins have faced the last two weeks in Larry Fitzgerald and A.J. Green. But imagine the Dolphins passing attack without Brian Hartline.

4. Key matchup for Dolphins: Jonathan Martin vs. Chris Long. The rookie right tackle will have his hands full with one of the league’s best pass rushers. Expect him to get help at times.

5. The Rams are a bad road team. For whatever reason. They’re 3-0 at home this year and 0-2 on the road. That merely extends that stats that from 2010 have them 9-10 at home and 3-13 on the road.


Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:52 am
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
shularino wrote:
Wow BigRamFan, didn't realize you were in the Keys. You lucked out this year.....can't remember the last time the Dolphins played the Rams in Miami.


It's been many years! The kicker is, I also get to see my Rams play in Tampa on 12/23. Merry Christmas to me!


Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
BigRamFan wrote:
I just got a PM from Big Dave welcoming me to the board. He even created a Rams avatar, as you can see, for me to use. What a class act! I would also like to thank the rest of you for your civility. This is, without exception, the classiest opponent board I have visited.

Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.


I'm always curious to see what the opinion of fans around the country is of the Dolphins. What is the opinion of the Dolphins in the heartland?

I think the overall opinion of the Rams around the country right now is that they're a team on the rise. Jeff Fisher is bringing a physical mentality to the team and they're not going to be a team that gets knocked around like they did in years past.


I, personally, can't speak for the Heartland. I live in the Keys. But all the talk on the rams sites I visit is showing plenty of respect for your team. Everyone is well aware of your #1 ranking against the run but the most common sentiment is that people feel we should be able to pass on your secondary. I know they've played pretty well also, but they are not yet getting the respect your front 7 is getting.

A great site is ramsondemand.com


Welcome, BigRamFan! I must say that reading this message thread put a big ol' smile on my face-- it's wonderful to see that opposing fans can enter message boards and talk respectfully about the teams and competition at hand. It's a breath of fresh air as many other boards and forums are not as classy and dignified as phinfever.com.

Looking forward to Sunday's match-up and discussion afterwards...cheers!


Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8990
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
I live in the Keys.


I used to live in Key West in the early 70's which is why I am a Dolphins fan. I loved living there as a kid.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6324
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Rams next week
on NFL countdown both Mark Schlereth and herm Edwards raved about the Dolphins. They love the way they are built and how hard they play every week. They both picked them to beat the Rams and to contend for the playoffs.


Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
I just got a PM from Big Dave welcoming me to the board. He even created a Rams avatar, as you can see, for me to use. What a class act! I would also like to thank the rest of you for your civility. This is, without exception, the classiest opponent board I have visited.

Here's to a great game on Sunday! Hopefully we do not see any injuries on either side.



Hey man, welcome aboard. Hope to see you next time as well. Our teams are in similar situations and we both hope heading in the right direction.

Your a classy fan, so we respond the same. And ad Ron would say, "Stay classy St Louis"

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:35 am
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6324
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Rams next week
the Rams are playin their asses off! Miami looked sloppy and flat for most of the first half.


Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6634
Post Re: Rams next week
the Rams are playin their asses off! Miami looked sloppy and flat for most of the first half.

BUT, the Rams lost. lol


Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:21 pm
Profile
Rams Fan
Rams Fan

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rams next week
Good morning Phinfever. Just got back to work after spending the weekend up north to follow my beloved Rams to Sun Life. Congratulations on the win and good luck the rest of the season. I am thankful there were no serious injuries.

I had a great time in your home stadium. The fans were passionate and classy (well except for the one crazy broad in our section - 241). Hopefully my boys bounce back this week.

Rams forever!!!
BigRamFan


Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6634
Post Re: Rams next week
Good morning Phinfever. Just got back to work after spending the weekend up north to follow my beloved Rams to Sun Life. Congratulations on the win and good luck the rest of the season. I am thankful there were no serious injuries.

I had a great time in your home stadium. The fans were passionate and classy (well except for the one crazy broad in our section - 241). Hopefully my boys bounce back this week.

Rams forever!!!
BigRamFan


Come back and see us.


Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:45 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 pm
Posts: 457
Post Re: Rams next week
BigRamFan wrote:
Good morning Phinfever. Just got back to work after spending the weekend up north to follow my beloved Rams to Sun Life. Congratulations on the win and good luck the rest of the season. I am thankful there were no serious injuries.

I had a great time in your home stadium. The fans were passionate and classy (well except for the one crazy broad in our section - 241). Hopefully my boys bounce back this week.

Rams forever!!!
BigRamFan


She got a little out of hand, but please don't call my Mom a crazy broad...


Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swerve13 and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.