View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Coyle Drawing Up Plans To Stop His Former Team 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Coyle Drawing Up Plans To Stop His Former Team
Quote:
Defensive coordinator returns to Cincinnati where he coached the Bengals secondary.

Last week it was two players returning to the city where they played in 2011 and this week it’s a coach as Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle heads back to Cincinnati.

Coyle spent 11 seasons on the Bengals’ coaching staff (2001-11), the last nine as their defensive backs coach. Unlike linebacker Karlos Dansby, who did not hide the fact that he was jacked up for his return to Arizona, Coyle downplayed that angle Tuesday at his weekly press conference. He did say, however, that he is well aware of how much his familiarity with Cincinnati’s personnel will benefit Miami this week.

“Obviously, I have a pretty good knowledge of these guys having been there as long as I was,” Coyle said. “Early in the week, you talk a little bit about that, but then you’re into the normal game week preparation. Each week, we talk about personnel and certain guys might be more familiar with guys on a certain team, but it’s the next game on the schedule and I’m looking forward to it.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... dbb43da106

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:11 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Coyle Drawing Up Plans To Stop His Former Team
I liked his approach to AZ for most of the game. Not sure if it was his calls that allowed them back in late, or just poor execution by the under achieving secondary...

Go figure, only we could hire a DB coach to be our DC and the DB is the worst unit on the team....

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If this team had another above average cb aside Smith we'd be alright.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Haha wrote:

:whoops:

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NFLJunkie wrote:
Haha wrote:

:whoops:

VD doesn't count

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Junkie love VD even though he is hurt anyway right now.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I would say Coyle has made a decent transition to DC. The Pass D sucks more on an individual level than a team issue. 57 rushing yards per game? Are you serious? Which of you predicted that one? Its okay if you wanna get credit.
I imagine by the end of the season, health permitting, the weaknesses won't be so glaring.

As for Sunday, AJ Green is going to burn someone on a play action pass. Its gonna happen. But if anyone should know how to plan for it . . .

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coyle knows this football team, especially its secondary. I think he's going to give Sherman all the tips necessary to make this Sunday a success for our offense. Cincinnatti isn't very good against the pass and they're terrible against the run. If we gameplan correctly I think we'll be able to do what we want offensively. The big question then becomes, can we protect the football? If we win the turnover battle, I think we'll win the game.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Turnovers play a major role in whether or not teams win games. Right now we're losing the turnover battle because our offense isn't protecting the football. The defense is doing a good job generating turnovers, but it's not enough to offset the turnovers we're having on offense. We've got a young group of guys that are shooting themselves in the foot right now.

I think Coyle has done a pretty good job with the defense so far. He's got us as the top run defense in the NFL which is great. He's also got us on track to create 20 interceptions this season, which will be the first time we've done that in a long time. I think once Ireland adds a couple of defensive backs to the secondary via the draft, then we'll start to see Coyle make this defense elite.

2012 - 5 (20)

2011 - 16
2010 - 11
2009 - 15
2008 - 18 *

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Miami will need to execute their game plan and not make mistakes playing on the road again. We need for Reggie Bush to have another big game to help take some of the pressure off Tannehill.

Having a solution for Cincy wide out Green will be another key to winning this game.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Miami will need to execute their game plan and not make mistakes playing on the road again. We need for Reggie Bush to have another big game to help take some of the pressure off Tannehill.

Having a solution for Cincy wide out Green will be another key to winning this game.

We did a good job against Fitzgerald, hopefully we can replicate that against Green.

I agree about Bush, he will need to have another big game. Same goes for Miller and Thomas. We need all three guys to split the carries and take pressure off of Tannehill. As bad as Cincinnatti's run defense is, I think we'll look to pound the rock and keep the Bengals offense off the field.

If Tannehill does a good job managing the game and not turning the ball over then I think we'll win.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]