View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Cincinnati 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Cincinnati
Thought we should look a little bit towards this match-up. It's going to take great coaching to keep them focused, but if they are I think this game is very winnable.

The Bengals Defense is terrible. They're dead last in the league at defending the run, allowing 5.4 yards per carry...Needless to say Tannehill probably won't be dropping back 45 times (hopefully).

They're also allowing QB's a 102.4 QB rating, 27th in the NFL...

Miami should be able to put up points.

Problem is that Cincy's passing offense is 6th in the league in yards, and 2nd in yards per attempt. They try to run the ball typically (11th in attempts), although I think it's safe to assume they'll be slinging it around the field all day.

Should be a relatively high scoring game. It's going to come down to the turnover margin again, I think. It'll be fun to see Tannehill duke it out with another good, young QB in Dalton.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Cincinnati
I think every game on our schedule aside from San Francisco and maybe New England is winnable. Nobody really scares you, but at the same time you know every game is going to be a dog fight. It's the reason we're 1-3 instead of 3-1. I wouldn't be surprised if the game goes either way. I think Cincinnatti will try to do the same thing Arizona did. They'll force Tannehill to beat them. They'll stack 9 in the box to shut down the run, blitz all day long, and try to force Tannehill to outplay Daulton. Should be a good test on the road. Hopefully the team can continue to improve and get the W this week.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We have absolutely no answer for A. J. Green. The pass rush has to be fierce and relentless with plenty of blitzing. If Dalton gets time to throw the deep balls, then our secondary has not a prayer.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
We have absolutely no answer for A. J. Green. The pass rush has to be fierce and relentless with plenty of blitzing. If Dalton gets time to throw the deep balls, then our secondary has not a prayer.

Say what you want, but Smith did a pretty good job on Larry Fitzgerald the other day. He finally held on to a couple of balls as well. If Sean Smith plays like he did last week then I think we have a shot a limiting the damage Green does. I don't think you can ever shut down that explosive of a playmaker, but you can limit them if you make sure he's covered and jammed by Sean Smith with a safety high all day long. If Daulton wants to throw to Green, just make sure he has to drop it into double coverage all day long. Eventually an opportunity for a pick will be there.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:40 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yep, that's what they said about FItz.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:51 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I predict we'll dominate the game and lose in OT.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:

Uncool man... uncool...

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:51 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

shularino wrote:

#17 Jersey - $75
2 tickets to the game - $250
Watching your team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - priceless

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Sounds like Cincinnati will be without their CBs again. Might be an opportune time to see if Tannehill, Hartline and Bess can turn all of those yards into points this time around.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
shularino wrote:

#17 Jersey - $75

HAAA..........

Once is an accident, twice is an coincidence, three times is who you are.

Got to turn the ship this week!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Injured Bengals CB's actually did practice today. Kirkpratick is out for sure as he is not in football shape but Leon Hall and Nate Clements both did practice.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Q ... 15db834b2a

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis indicated before Wednesday's practice he expected to have some injured secondary members back to work after they missed last Sunday's win in Jacksonville and he did have a sight for sore eyes when cornerbacks Leon Hall (hamstring), safety/cornerback Nate Clements (calf) and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (knee) were suited up.

Kirkpatrick, the club's first draft pick, practiced for the first time since late August and worked with the scout team but Lewis has indicated he won't make his NFL debut until at least the Nov. 4 game against Denver. Hall practiced for the first time since he injured his hammy on a blitz in the Sept. 19 practice and Clements appeared for the first time since he got hurt early in the Sept. 23 Washington victory when he made his first NFL start at safety after 161 at corner.

Also back was running back Bernard Scott (ankle), who missed last Sunday's game after he got hurt against Washington.

Not suited were linebacker Dan Skuta with an unkonwn ailment and cornerback Jason Allen (thigh)....

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
shularino wrote:

#17 Jersey - $75

:)

It hurts so much I have to laugh.......

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Watching your team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

I see you've been reading another Dolphins board! LOL .... that quote made me laugh too.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Sounds like Cincinnati will be without their CBs again. Might be an opportune time to see if Tannehill, Hartline and Bess can turn all of those yards into points this time around.

The Bengals are definitely banged up on defense. They've lost a couple of guys for the year I believe in their front seven. That said, we should be able to do what we want offensively, the big question as you put it is can we turn those yards into points. Moving the football hasn't been our problem this year. We've moved the football as good as anybody. The problem for us is putting up points. We lack redzone weapons and it is really hurting us when we want to put points on the board. Our runningbacks really need to step up like they did against the Raiders. As bad as the Bengals run defense is, I expect Bush, Miller, and Thomas to get their fair share this week. I doubt Tannehill will have to throw for 400 yards again.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]