View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Cameron Wake sets career high with 4.5 sacks 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Cameron Wake sets career high with 4.5 sacks
Too bad that he couldn't get one more sack ... on Arizona's last offensive play of the game. Great game for him.

Quote:
Cameron Wake sets career high with 4.5 sacks

Dolphins LE Cameron Wake set a career high with 4.5 sacks in the team's Week 4 loss to Arizona.

Wake destroyed rookie RT Bobby Massie time and time again, racking up half of the Dolphins' team sacks of Kevin Kolb. Wake went sack-less in the first three games, causing unnecessary worry in IDP circles that his "position switch" from 3-4 outside linebacker to 4-3 defensive end wasn't working out. This was Wake's slump-busting game, and look for him to pick up right back where he left off in Week 5 against the Bengals.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49235151/ ... ayer_news/

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Cameron Wake sets career high with 4.5 sacks
A lot of people were questioning the pass rush, well, apparently the defensive line was paying attention.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'll keep this info under the orginal thread.

PFF wrote:
DE Cameron Wake - Best in the League

Through the first four weeks of the season Cameron Wake is building himself a case for being declared the league’s best pure pass rusher. Lofty words indeed, but he went into Sunday with a league-leading 21 hits and hurries, that should have let you know his sack drought was about to end.

End it did in a big way on Sunday with Wake sacking Kevin Kolb five times, including three in the first half as Miami jumped on Arizona early. Going against a rookie right tackle, Wake was in the backfield all game, adding seven hurries and a QB hit to his numbers as he made life extremely hard for the Arizona quaretrback. For just one example (out of many) of how dominant his defensive showing was, look no further than a big third down with 10:30 left in the second quarter when Wake exploded off the snap and was nearly past Bobbie Massie as he was getting out of his stance. It led to a grade of +11.4, one of the highest single-game grades ever given by PFF, and just reward for a superb performance.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ls-week-4/

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

LOVE watching that guy play. I'm not sure what it will take for him to break through consistently. While I certainly give him credit for a great game, it was still against the Cardinals O-line. They're tied with St Louis for giving up 14 sacks already. Which makes for a hopefully interesting game tonight. Ha! Cincy isn't far behind with 12. Do it again Cam!

Wake is obviously developing & shaping his skill set tho. Has anyone noticed him get burned on run plays so far, like he did in the past?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Did you see that Swerve? He's the BEST in the league. lOL :)

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

After seeing Arizona give up another 9 sacks last night to the Rams, I'm going to put a mental asterisk next to this performance. I'm wondering if the Wake we saw the first three games of the season is the real deal, or if we will see more of the Cameron Wake we saw last week?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:19 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Your LOL should be all caps, or all lower case.

I respect your ability as a teacher, however your skills at text abbreviation needs some work...

:ann0y:

Wake is a beast, all around. And it doesnt surprise me that his game has elevated to the point that he is an all around DE, and not just a pass rusher.

Before last week he led the league in pressure and hits, the QB was just getting the ball out early.
He is also great against the run, picks up on it quick and is always in the pile.
There is more to being a true DE than sacks.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:27 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Your LOL should be all caps, or all lower case.
:grin:
I respect your ability as a teacher, however your skills at text abbreviation needs some work...

Hahaha. I'm the worst offender here with spelling and grammer. LOL! Better?
:)

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

best in the league at what? the only team he got a sack against has the worst line in league history. LOL :hithead:

You better pump the breaks because that same tackle made Robert Quinn look like Michael Strahan last nite.

Like i said, he's the king of the hurries.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
After seeing Arizona give up another 9 sacks last night to the Rams, I'm going to put a mental asterisk next to this performance. I'm wondering if the Wake we saw the first three games of the season is the real deal, or if we will see more of the Cameron Wake we saw last week?

Exactly. Some people just can't see what's real and what is not.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:
Phin wrote:

Everyone but you is delusional on this topic.
For whatever reason, you feel hurries and hits are not important. Yet the NFL, PFF and every other site that collects stats on DE's does. He also leads the team in TFL, meaning he takes the RB down behind the line of scrimmage, which is why sacks are so important.
He has 5 of them already as well..

Like this right here, this doesnt matter in a game???

Looks like that ball is going to be short of the mark, maybe picked off.. Why? Cam Wake....
There are a bunch on Sanchez as well.

Last edited by 10acjed on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:17 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

For whatever reason, you feel hurries and hits are not important. Yet the NFL, PFF and every other site that collects stats on DE's does

Yep, according to the stats and data, he's the best DE in the league. Now, ARZ O-Line does suck, but he still got 4.5 sacks.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

2.0 more sacks today and I believe you said he would be schooled today. Is 2 sacks "real" enough for you today? :)

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]