View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Our biggest need....is a new GM!!!!! 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Our biggest need....is a new GM!!!!!
The spelling/grammar card on a thread is a lot like the race card....break glass when you have no facts

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
The spelling/grammar card on a thread is a lot like the race card....break glass when you have no facts

We am just be now figyouring out what foot ball works

Buts just because wanted, I said yes and thanks for doing.

Us ingnoramouses needing use smarts people to edumicate us

:hitme:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

WHAT?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:52 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Rich wrote:

No you proved my point. You want to dwell in alternate reality.

Its is an alternate reality since if DC makes the kick the the next 26+ minutes of the game are different.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:20 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

man does every thread have to lead to these child like back & fourths?? its pretty clear , some of us think Tannehill is the second coming of Marino / Brady & Unitas combined. Others think it is way to early to tell. Some think we have a dynasty in the making others see us as a 1-3 team (imagine that)
I would give my opinion but i will spare myself the comebacks.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
BTW-I know that logic is not your strong suit but if [i]you want to write spelling would be a plus[/i]

I guess English isn't yours!! He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

You have not made any point.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
man does every thread have to lead to these child like back & fourths??

So long as people are allowed to I would have to assume we will deal with this all year. Cant say I am an angel, I get involved in the back n forth myself if there is a topic pertaining to football.

But once it goes to grammar, spelling or personal attacks its pointless, and not even about football. I just revert to blatant sarcasm in hopes my silly stupid comments will annoy them

When I feel like arguing and insulting I just go to espn, plenty of Jet, Pat and Jill fans to bash. We are all dolphins fans here, we should be able to agree to disagree, specially in these stupid rants about what if it was different...

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:29 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

catman_56 wrote:
BTW-I know that logic is not your strong suit but if you want to write spelling would be a plus. "Proveable" is not a word, the correct word is provable.

MR. Time Machine says logic is not my strong suit.

Funny.

I love when people correct spelling and grammar and screw up at the same time....

Here, let me show you how it's done, professor.

I know that logic is not your strong suit, but if you want to write, spelling would be a plus.

Now, please crawl away with your tail firmly hidden between your legs.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:59 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
But once it goes to grammar, spelling ....

You know, Mak's a moderator here and also a Public school teacher, so, if he doesn't complain about grammar than why should anyone else?

Half the time I leave out a word which makes my sentences seem strange. My mind is faster than my fingers, so, the word I think I've typed sometimes isn't in the post.

We're going to have to start coming down harder on members here that start to take things to a personal level. You all don't see what we are doing behind the scenes, but it is a lot of work for my moderators. I also see a lot of people calling posts "stupid" or "ignorant". Who wouldn't take that personal as if you called them "stupid" or "ignorant"? I know I would.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm the worst offender, since I type so fast at work. TIme is precious...lol.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 am

Quote:
I would give my opinion but i will spare myself the comebacks.

Spineless

:ann0y:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Big Dave wrote:
10acjed wrote:

You know, Mak's a moderator here and also a Public school teacher, so, if he doesn't complain about grammar than why should anyone else?

Half the time I leave out a word which makes my sentences seem strange. My mind is faster than my fingers, so, the word I think I've typed sometimes isn't in the post.

We're going to have to start coming down harder on members here that start to take things to a personal level. You all don't see what we are doing behind the scenes, but it is a lot of work for my moderators. I also see a lot of people calling posts "stupid" or "ignorant". Who wouldn't take that personal as if you called them "stupid" or "ignorant"? I know I would.

First and foremost thank you, and all the mods who keep this site alive. You guys are the ones that make it work. Also thanks to contributors who donate what and when they can to keep it going. I got nothing but good feelings about it...

Anyone would be offended when called a name, or insulted. Thats why its probably not going to stop any time soon. People are angry at each other, holding grudges and it carries over from thread to thread.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Carpenter is paid to do his job and that is to make field goals. Is he the sole blame for the 2 losses, no, but he sure was a huge catalyst to those losses.

The bottom line is that HE MUST make these kicks. It is hard enough for Tannehill as a rookie to put his team in a position to win and then a guy that all he does is kick field goals for a living and he has started missing "bad" kicks. He is off and it really shows and it costs the Dolphins momentum in a game as well as adding to a negative bottom line in the final score.

Sorry, cannot find ways to defend him.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
catman_56 wrote:
BTW-I know that logic is not your strong suit but if you want to write spelling would be a plus. "Proveable" is not a word, the correct word is provable.

MR. Time Machine says logic is not my strong suit.

Funny.

I love when people correct spelling and grammar and screw up at the same time....

Here, let me show you how it's done, professor.

I know that logic is not your strong suit, but if you want to write, spelling would be a plus.

Now, please crawl away with your tail firmly hidden between your legs.

When you express a modus ponens the comma after the antecedent is understood. BTW show me that dictionary where provable is spelled with an "e?"

And tell me again how the game would not have changed if Carpenter makes the kick in the 3rd quarter???

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 am

catman_56 wrote:
When you express a modus ponens the comma after the antecedent is understood. BTW show me that dictionary where provable is spelled with an "e?"

If you're not required to use proper sentence structure, why should I be required to drop the e? We both understood what the other was saying which is ultimately the point.

The problem is you have no argument, so you'd rather take the discussion in a different direction.

I looked up BTW in the dictionary. It's not there.

I'll assume you meant to say "By the way"....

.... oh, and... by the way, you failed to use commas after the prepositional phrases that started both your sentences.

Stop trying to give grammar lessons if you can't execute yours properly.

catman_56 wrote:
And tell me again how the game would not have changed if Carpenter makes the kick in the 3rd quarter???

Reading comprehension also appears to be lacking, as my point has been all along that the game does change if he makes the kick (because we win!).

If he makes the kick, the Cardinals do not seize momentum, we kick off the ball which probably means the Cardinals don't start their drive at the 41 and ultimately, we don't go into overtime because we win 24-21 rather than tie at the end of regulation.

Knowing how to spell provable isn't helping you much with anything else.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:04 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

:embarrassed:

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Mak just corrected someone's spelling on here like 2 days ago.
And he's also one of the worst offenders of personal attacks on here.
He just called me an A-hole the other day for calling out Wake, but that went unnoticed.
I'm surprised alot of times at what he's allowed to get away with as a MOD.
I agree the personal attacks and childish comments need to stop.
But you have to police yourselves before you can police us members.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:39 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Rich wrote:

Reading comprehension also appears to be lacking, as my point has been all along that the game does change if he makes the kick (because we win!).

If he makes the kick, the Cardinals do not seize momentum, we kick off the ball which probably means the Cardinals don't start their drive at the 41 and ultimately, we don't go into overtime because we win 24-21 rather than tie at the end of regulation..

The game changes, but yet the teams score just like they did when he missed it. Other than the OT FG by the Cards, which would not have happened because of the made FG by the Phins. I can only say that is interesting how only one play in the entire game changed.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Mak just corrected someone's spelling on here like 2 days ago.

That was just a little friendly banter between Mak and I. Mak's a good guy. Thanks to Mak and all of the Mod's for keeping their stuff together in what is a tough role. I would say thanks to Big Dave also but his head is already to big.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sorry swerve, I thought it was funny how you called out Wake and then he went off. If you have a problem, call me at 727-409-6857. Thanks buddy for your concern.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:

If he makes the kick, the Cardinals do not seize momentum, we kick off the ball which probably means the Cardinals don't start their drive at the 41 and ultimately, we don't go into overtime because we win 24-21 rather than tie at the end of regulation.

Knowing how to spell provable isn't helping you much with anything else.

You don't any of that! You can't say that Peterson does not take the kick back for a touchdown. You can't say that we don't go too conservative in our play calling and Reggie Bush does not get hurt again. As I already stated that there is no doubt that if Carpenter makes the 51 yard kick it helps us win the game. That we can agree on. However, there was way too much football left to play to put this loss on the kicker.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3