View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Coach Sparano: Incognito starting RG 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Coach Sparano: Incognito starting RG
I am surprised by this to be honest.

I don't know if Thomas can play LG, as he has not mastered the fundamentals of the RG spot yet. We'll see how this all pans out.

Quote:
Coach Tony Sparano confirmed that Richie Incognito is penciled in as the starting right guard.

Nate Garner would then have the upperhand on the left guard job over Donald Thomas, with Justin Smiley sitting squarely on the trading block. Smiley's asking price is believed to be a third-rounder, though the Dolphins will likely have to settle for a lesser pick considering his injury history.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubho ... ajteam=MIA

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Coach Sparano: Incognito starting RG
I don't think you trade him for less than a third. They shouldn't have tipped their hand by telling him they were trading him. His trade value just went down with that little move. Honestly some of the boneheaded things this administration does puzzles me sometimes.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

starter already? and i wouldnt take less than a 3rd...i would rather have him on the roster than a pick lesser than a 3rd

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
I don't think you trade him for less than a third. They shouldn't have tipped their hand by telling him they were trading him. His trade value just went down with that little move. Honestly some of the boneheaded things this administration does puzzles me sometimes.

I've learned that I can trust absolutely nothing that I hear about the Dolphins until they make it public.

I'm thinking part of draft strategy somehow, but only in correlation with all the rest of the smoke being circulated right now. We heard a lot of propaganda from Sparano today.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

eleaf wrote:
Phin wrote:

I've learned that I can trust absolutely nothing that I hear about the Dolphins until they make it public.

I'm thinking part of draft strategy somehow, but only in correlation with all the rest of the smoke being circulated right now. We heard a lot of propaganda from Sparano today.

I generally agree with that statement, but they didn't allow Smiley to go to voluntary offseason workouts. He's done here IMO.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The move to trade Smiley translates to the money they would still have to pay him if he stays on the roster and his injury history.

I like the guy alot when he is healthy, but that has been the big concern with him.

Perhaps Incognito getting another fresh chance to start over AND being penciled in to start on the o-line right off the bat will allow some reality to set in on his future decision making.

No doubt he is a in the trenches kinda player that Sparano and Parcells like. We need some toughness and attitude, just not dirty lose your temper type play. Guess we shall see how this plays out!!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't get it. Are these guys trying to fool us, or are they just on stupid pills? Pat White made strides, trade talks with Smiley, Incognito already the RG, banking on Soliai to be the starter?

Never been one to jump ship on one or two things, but these recent stories are concerning.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Oh no, our first jumper and we have not even gotten to the draft yet much less the season. lol

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
I don't get it. Are these guys trying to fool us, or are they just on stupid pills? Pat White made strides, trade talks with Smiley, Incognito already the RG, banking on Soliai to be the starter?

Never been one to jump ship on one or two things, but these recent stories are concerning.

I'm not jumping ship, but I am very puzzled about these issues as well.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I trust Tony... we will see.

So far, I agree it was dumb to announce it just like that... but whatever... haha.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Phin wrote:

I generally agree with that statement, but they didn't allow Smiley to go to voluntary offseason workouts. He's done here IMO.

I get that. He's gone. But I'm thinking that the whole deal being public and being asked not to come to workouts being public etc are part of the draft strategy somehow. I don't know what it means, or if it makes any sense, but I'm fairly certain that this is part of the big picture.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]