View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Aaron Berry 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Aaron Berry
Quote:
The Miami Dolphins recently worked out free-agent CB Aaron Berry (Lions).

Let me get this straight. Miami trades BM for little. Trade Davis for something above little because they are not the best people for the team. Then they turn around & kick the tires on this PoS.

What type of signal is this sending other than WTH?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Aaron Berry
Dphins4me wrote:
Quote:
The Miami Dolphins recently worked out free-agent CB Aaron Berry (Lions).

Let me get this straight. Miami trades BM for little. Trade Davis for something above little because they are not the best people for the team. Then they turn around & kick the tires on this PoS.

The signal they are sending is the starting CB and his back up are injured, so they need a quick fix...
Happens all the time in the NFL, players will continue to get signed from either the PS or FA on every team all season when players are injured..

Well unless your the Jets, then you leave the injured CB on the active roster in hopes you make the super bowl and he can play... Not kidding, Ryan said it yesterday....
And we are the worst run team around... lol...

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:

The signal they are sending is the starting CB and his back up are injured, so they need a quick fix...
Happens all the time in the NFL, players will continue to get signed from either the PS or FA on every team all season when players are injured....
Not the point. This guy is a bigger PoS than either Marshall or Davis & not nearly as talented.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:58 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Are you talking about his off the field issues??

Wasnt sure what you were getting at... VD was traded because he is lazy, whether anyone can accept it or not. The guy is now going to compete with D Butler, a guy who has as many teams as years in the league. Also who was drafted by genius BB while Byrd and S Smith still on the board, that is completely OT but any chance to take a shot at him is worthy...

BM I really dont know. Not sure who made the call on that one, and whether it was because of off the field, or on the field. Or if it was trully everything, the things he said in the media, the drops last year, the lack of effort at times, the domestic stuff we didnt hear about.
Or if it was simply like VD, when the opportunity presented itself, Ireland/Philbin looked at it and decided that the best choice for the future of this team is to trade him at that time..
All those decisions are not going to work out, and most wont seem like they did for a couple years. Right now they are in a situation because of injury.

Bottom line is they simply had him in for a workout, just like Buress and a few others that never got signed.

Message it sends me is they need another CB fast, and wanted to meet this kid face to face and see what he is all about.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:10 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

WTH? more like WTF? LOL. Makes no sense at all. So we want to transform the team into something respectful but when the chips are down, we'll sell our soul.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:10 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:

WTH? more like WTF? LOL. Makes no sense at all. So we want to transform the team into something respectful but when the chips are down, we'll sell our soul.

exactly ... this reminds me of the JJ days when he was so desperate to win it seemed he stood outside of the jail from whatever city he was in looking for players.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:39 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:

Fellas I understand your points but we are just looking for the best possible band aids for this season. I'm sure if we sign Berry he will get the same contract Ocho got, mess up once and you're GONE!!! We are insanely thin at CB so bring in a guy who can help for now. If he cleans up his act good if not he gets cut but either way we have a HOLE at CB.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MdDolfan wrote:
Fellas I understand your points but we are just looking for the best possible band aids for this season. I'm sure if we sign Berry he will get the same contract Ocho got, mess up once and you're GONE!!! We are insanely thin at CB so bring in a guy who can help for now. If he cleans up his act good if not he gets cut but either way we have a HOLE at CB.

That literally makes no sense. You either want company guys without off-field problems or you don't. Just because we have injuries shouldn't mean they waver from that stance. We're not even talking about a guy who has domestic disputes with his spouse. He's a guy who pulls guns on people in parking lots.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:44 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

That literally makes no sense. You either want company guys without off-field problems or you don't. Just because we have injuries shouldn't mean they waver from that stance. We're not even talking about a guy who has domestic disputes with his spouse. He's a guy who pulls guns on people in parking lots.

Why doesn't that make sense? If Marshall is hurt and Carroll goes down we will need a corner correct? So what if our only options were bad character guys, are u saying we don't pick them up AT ALL because of that? That makes no sense!!!!!
The key words are BAND-AIDS!!! Not franchise players...

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MdDolfan wrote:
Why doesn't that make sense? If Marshall is hurt and Carroll goes down we will need a corner correct? So what if our only options were bad character guys, are u saying we don't pick them up AT ALL because of that? That makes no sense!!!!!

Yes ... that is what I'm saying because you set the precedent that you didn't want those kinds of players when you jettisoned Marshall/Johnson/VD. It makes the staff look like hypocrites and not standing by their doctrine of the kinds of players like want on the team.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

Yes ... that is what I'm saying because you set the precedent that you didn't want those kinds of players when you jettisoned Marshall/Johnson/VD. It makes the staff look like hypocrites and not standing by their doctrine of the kinds of players like want on the team.

i see what you're saying, but its possible that they just don't want to "invest" in bad guys.
Meaning long term money.
But they might be fine with quick fill ins and band aids with character issues.
That's the way New England does it. They grabbed Winslow for a quick fix while Hernandez heels.
It didnt work and they cut him quickly. No loss.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Some of you guys will justify just about anything. Rock is 100% correct.

There are just as talented CBs out there that a team who claims it does not want bad character players that they do not have to kick the tires of a player who has pulled guns on people. One being a member here.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:

There are just as talented CBs out there that a team who claims it does not want bad character players that they do not have to kick the tires of a player who has pulled guns on people. One being a member here.

Thank you moral police but we are not asking this guy to represent our franchise!
And no one's OPINION can be 100% correct!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:

I don't get it. I tried my best to paint a good story on this but I couldn't. Aaron Berry shouldn't have even been given a workout. The kid has a serious criminal mind. I'm sure the media will get to the bottom of it.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:54 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:

Thank you moral police
The guy pulled a gun on a member here & pointed it at him. Then you call someone the moral police, for not wanting that player on the team, when the team has traded/cut other players for far less.

I guess your morality does not run very high as long as a player can help Miami win games, but I do have a line of crossing. So my morals are higher than yours. When people start playing with guns & pointing it at another, then I really believe there is an issue with them.

MdDolfan wrote:
but we are not asking this guy to represent our franchise!
That has to be one of the most ignorant comments ever on this board.

If he is employed by the team then he is representing the franchise. To suggest if Miami signs him & he goes out & gets in trouble, then Miami Dolphins name will not be attached to him. Its not going to be NFL player Aaron Berry get arrested. It will be Miami Dolphins CB Aaron Berry gets arrested.

Stupid, just flat out the most ignorant thing I've read here in a long time.

MdDolfan wrote:
Yes it can. Just as yours is 100% wrong.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:19 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

Thank you moral police
The guy pulled a gun on a member here & pointed it at him. Then you call someone the moral police, for not wanting that player on the team, when the team has traded/cut other players for far less.

I guess your morality does not run very high as long as a player can help Miami win games, but I do have a line of crossing. So my morals are higher than yours. When people start playing with guns & pointing it at another, then I really believe there is an issue with them.

MdDolfan wrote:
but we are not asking this guy to represent our franchise!
That has to be one of the most ignorant comments ever on this board.

If he is employed by the team then he is representing the franchise. To suggest if Miami signs him & he goes out & gets in trouble, then Miami Dolphins name will not be attached to him. Its not going to be NFL player Aaron Berry get arrested. It will be Miami Dolphins CB Aaron Berry gets arrested.

Stupid, just flat out the most ignorant thing I've read here in a long time.

MdDolfan wrote:
Yes it can. Just as yours is 100% wrong.

Lol! A sign of ignorance is not respecting someone else's opinion...so we know you are one of the most ignorant! Apparently they worked the guy out and I hope they sign him just to piss you off... And help our CB's of course.
Keep making your statements but do me a favor and say you disagree, dont say it's IGNORANT! Act like an adult :-)

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Don't be a blog bully Dolphins4me because you never know who you are calling stupid!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
Lol! A sign of ignorance is not respecting someone else's opinion...
You know who says things like that?

MdDolfan wrote:
so we know you are one of the most ignorant!
Boy, you really burned me. How could I ever recover from such an outstanding burn.

MdDolfan wrote:
Apparently they worked the guy out and I hope they sign him just to piss you off... And help our CB's of course.
Its not going to piss me off. It has already provided me the proof that Philben is a hypocrite like most coaches, who preach one thing in the off season, but when it comes down to winning during the season they will look the other way. If Berry were any good someone would have signed him long before now.

MdDolfan wrote:
Keep making your statements but do me a favor and say you disagree, dont say it's IGNORANT! Act like an adult

:hithead: Talk about oblivious.

I'm not the one who made things personal. Mr. Moral Police. All I said was "Some of you guys will justify just about anything." There is a word for that. What is it? Starts with an "H"

Telling people how to post, while starting the personal attacks yourself. Please pay more attention to your own actions & less of others.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
Don't be a blog bully Dolphins4me because you never know who you are calling stupid!

Didn't call anyone stupid. Call your comment ignorant. Stupid means you are not capable of learning. Ignorant means you just do not know what you are commenting about.

Smart people can make ignorant comments, just as stupid people can make smart comment. Every blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Quote:
Yes ... that is what I'm saying because you set the precedent that you didn't want those kinds of players when you jettisoned Marshall/Johnson/VD. It makes the staff look like hypocrites and not standing by their doctrine of the kinds of players like want on the team

I think this is pretty much spot on.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:09 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

Didn't call anyone stupid. Call your comment ignorant. Stupid means you are not capable of learning. Ignorant means you just do not know what you are commenting about.

Smart people can make ignorant comments, just as stupid people can make smart comment. Every blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut.

I would appreciate it if you would both take your personal comments via PM. Why you have to do this on our forum really irritates me as you both know better.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:

I would appreciate it if you would both take your personal comments via PM. Why you have to do this on our forum really irritates me as you both know better.

But Dad, he started it. :fart:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:14 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I don't they get it Scot. The funny thing is that he's not that good. Just grab benny Sapp, same talent level without the character issues.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:50 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Has he been signed? If not then we sold our soul when they brought in Stallworth in for a workout and never signed him...

As of 9 AM CBS sports was reporting Berry may be heading to the Jets.......

So as of right now, they have not done anything new by working him out, he is not the first person with issues to be brought in and evaluated.
Perhaps they like to talk to these guys one on one in person to get an idea what they are all about.

Also they have Misi on the roster, Misi had battery charges against him as well....

Maybe this assumption that they cut players because of some moral standard is false. Vontae was not in trouble, he was lazy.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Has he been signed? If not then we sold our soul when they brought in Stallworth in for a workout and never signed him...

So as of right now, they have not done anything new by working him out, he is not the first person with issues to be brought in and evaluated.
Perhaps they like to talk to these guys one on one in person to get an idea what they are all about.

Also they have Misi on the roster, Misi had battery charges against him as well....

Maybe this assumption that they cut players because of some moral standard is false. Vontae was not in trouble, he was lazy.

Forget all that for one second.

They brought in a guy who pulled a gun on a Dolphins fan. Talk about a bad PR move. The guy isn't going to put us over the top? So why even sniff around him?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:30 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
The funny thing is that he's not that good. Just grab benny Sapp, same talent level without the character issues.

Actually that isn't true. He was a starting CB for the Lions and was ranked #26 by Pro Football Focus last year. To put that into perspective, he played better than any of our cornerbacks and was rated 12 positions higher than Vontae Davis (who was our best cornerback last year).

All I can think is that Ireland thought they could possibly get him for cheap as a band-aid this year. Sounds like desperation.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Forget all that for one second.

They brought in a guy who pulled a gun on a Dolphins fan. Talk about a bad PR move. The guy isn't going to put us over the top? So why even sniff around him?

but they don't know that

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Its not about putting us over the top, we have two injured CB's and we were weak in that position to begin with, the more people they look at the better IMO. Find the best fit.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Actually that isn't true. He was a starting CB for the Lions and was ranked #26 by Pro Football Focus last year. To put that into perspective, he played better than any of our cornerbacks and was rated 12 positions higher than Vontae Davis (who was our best cornerback last year).

So a "good" corner in a passing league is on the street.

All I can think is that Ireland thought they could possibly get him for cheap as a band-aid this year. Sounds like desperation.

Right, and that goes back to thepoint if we need someone, character doesn't matter.

We'll is a contraction of we will which is future tense. I never said we "sold our soul" for bringing in a player.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Its not about putting us over the top, we have two injured CB's and we were weak in that position to begin with, the more people they look at the better IMO. Find the best fit.

He's not a fit! They made it clear they want high character guys. Chad Johnson is better than 75% of our receiving core yet he's not on the team.

swerve13 wrote:
but they don't know that

We could say that about any player. 'Tis a pointless argument.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
Has he been signed? If not then we sold our soul when they brought in Stallworth in for a workout and never signed him..

Is there more to this than I am aware of?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Great ....I say bring him in, have Ireland question him on whether or not his mom is a hooker and VIOLA! We kill 1 bird with two stones. ....er or something like that :runwiththeball: :yay: :stiffarm:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:

He's not a fit! They made it clear they want high character guys. Chad Johnson is better than 75% of our receiving core yet he's not on the team.

swerve13 wrote:
but they don't know that

We could say that about any player. 'Tis a pointless argument.

I mean they don't know that he pulled a gun on a Dolphin fan. they just know he brandished a gun.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:03 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

swerve13 wrote:

I mean they don't know that he pulled a gun on a Dolphin fan. they just know he brandished a gun.

I'm sure they know. Our Dolphins contact person actually asked me about the incident. I think every team thinks they have the system in place that will save someone. I don't think this kid can be saved without a whole lot of rehab.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:
Is there more to this than I am aware of?

Not sure, all I know is there was a reference to them selling their soul byt working him out because of his "issues" yet we already worked out a guy who killed a guy when driving drunk, granted the accident was not his fault and was caught on camera, however he was still drunk cruising around Miami at like 8AM.... So we already have worked out questionable guys.

Rock Sexton wrote:

Really? So you know enough about our defense and Berry to know that his skillset would not work out with us?
Or is he simply not a fit because of the issues?

Chad Johnson is unemployed, last season he played on one of the best offenses in the NFL with a QB that makes anyone look good. He was invisible.
While I may agree with you that looking at his resume he is far better than what we have, his level of play has diminished over the last few year. He is 34 and unemployed. So you can say anything you want about he is better, but 32 NFL teams have not put him to work.

Seriously, the entire NFL thinks 85 is not worth it, maybe its time to come to the reality that just maybe the Dolphins made the right move.

Again tho, we are arguing over working a guy out, then letting him leave... He is not on the team, not even offered a contract, they are simply looking.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

No way we should sign this guy, period!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:53 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Maybe everyone's getting all worked over nothing here. The only person reporting this is RavenInsider Aaron Wilson (link). None of the Florida media has said anything yet.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:

Not sure, all I know is there was a reference to them selling their soul byt working him out because of his "issues" yet we already worked out a guy who killed a guy when driving drunk, granted the accident was not his fault and was caught on camera, however he was still drunk cruising around Miami at like 8AM.... So we already have worked out questionable guys.
I view Stallworth as someone who made a mistake & not of questionable character. He called the police. If memory serves me correct he had went back to his room & went the sleep, before driving.

However, pulling a gun in a non threatening situation is not anything someone can call a mistake.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I view Stallworth as someone who made a mistake & not of questionable character. He called the police. If memory serves me correct he had went back to his room & went the sleep, before driving.

However, pulling a gun in a non threatening situation is not anything someone can call a mistake.

100% correct.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFL gave Stallworth a year susp w/o pay, Berry had 3 games. Seems the NFL thinks that Stallworth did more wrong than Berry as well....

If he pulled a gun on a Jets fan would it be different for us? Like sign him now!!!

LOL the last part was sarcasm.....

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next