View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:48 pm



Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wow...how pathetic 
Author Message
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Wow...how pathetic
Jets came in and tried their absolute best to give Miami the game, and the Dolphins from top to bottom showed how bad they didn't want to take it.
Kudos to the defense for another wasted effort.
How fitting the game ends on a Jet's Missed FG that Philbin calls TO on. LOL. Well, no doubt 2-1 with a veteran QB who wouldn't throw an awful pick six. Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8402
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
NFLJunkie wrote:
Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


No mention of Carpenter missing two field goals to lose the game?

_________________
Phinfever Facebook

Image


Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3261
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
If from top to bottom no one wanted it then how does the D get kudos?


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Big Dave wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


No mention of Carpenter missing two field goals to lose the game?


Junkie has become such an RT hater that he can't even tell who ACTUALLY lost the game for us.

Tannehill not only drove us into position to tie the game, but he drove us down the field in overtime to win the game.

Open your eyes and quit the crying. Matt Moore is the backup... get used to it already... everyone is already tired of hearing bout it.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
nice....ok RT was great, fantastic...Bowl!!!! It was everyone else that stunk up the field.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2201
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Tannehill might not have lost the game for us, but he certainly did not have a good game.

I put this loss on Carpenter and Marshall. Getting beat deep off the LOS on that last big pass was one of many plays where Holmes simply owned Marshall.

Also, can anyone explain to me why Miami seems incapable of running a screen pass??

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
NFLJunkie wrote:
nice....ok RT was great, fantastic...Bowl!!!! It was everyone else that stunk up the field.


He had what, 5 drops? Plus he only threw 1 int... you expect interceptions out of a rookie QB... apparently you didn't get the memo.

He wasn't fantastic, but he was far from the problem.

Predictable play calling, terrible play by Richard Marshall and a kicker missing two FG's come to mind when the word problem arises.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
IamPZ wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
nice....ok RT was great, fantastic...Bowl!!!! It was everyone else that stunk up the field.


He had what, 5 drops? Plus he only threw 1 int... you expect interceptions out of a rookie QB... apparently you didn't get the memo.

He wasn't fantastic, but he was far from the problem.

Predictable play calling, terrible play by Richard Marshall and a kicker missing two FG's come to mind when the word problem arises.


Richard Marshall setup the first TD. but with that said, I'm so glad we traded Vontae....lol. Dude, don't get mad. Aren't you one of the guys who thought we'd win 5 this year? If so, relax...we're on schedule.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2201
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Tannehill's INT was a Henne special though.....ugly pick 6 that gave the Jets momentum.

This team with Bush is competitive. Without Bush, they are pedestrian. Thomas coughs up another one. Miller is good, but Bush is an awesome weapon.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Big Dave wrote:


No mention of Carpenter missing two field goals to lose the game?

Miami lost this game when they laid up for a FG on the 3. Told my wife then that would come back to haunt them.

Face it guys. Miami is allergic to winning close games.

They are a young team, so I'm not upset. They were not going anywhere this year anyway.

At least Miami did get some luck today. The Jags beat Indy with a late TD.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Rookie or no rookie, anytime you gift another team a TD you DEFINITELY share the blame in the loss.

Pass rush still can't generate sacks. Marshall was a matador out there. Something is off with Carpenter. Amazing how we can dominate on the run and lack the over-the-top playaction plays down the field. You'd think we could generate more than one of those outside of the one Hartline had. Tanny seriously needs to use more of the field. The comeback/curl routes to the sideline are getting really predictable.

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 184
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Marshall and Carp cost the game. Nothing more. If its easier for everyone else on this board to blame Tanny for the loss, more power to you all. But that's not reality. He put us in a good position to win, and we failed to take advantage of it by missing kicks. As for Marshall, he should've just tackled the guy at the end of he was commited to getting a P.I. after getting jucked out at the line. But I still wouldn't say that Vontae would've been any better. He's been struggling with the Colts as well. So I don't know why his name keeps coming up in this board.

That aside, the Jets, as much as we hate them, are not a push-over team since Ryan took over. And as of now, it appears that we're not either. It was a good contest and the team will continue to improve.


Last edited by rmelendez on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2201
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Tannehill is on a short leash for a good reason...the pick 6 was a demo of the reason. However, without Bush, there is not enough offensive punch on the team. Might as well let Tannehill use the whole playbook if Bush is out. Add some screen passes into the game plan for the love of God!! Help your rookie out.

It sucks losing to the fist pumper.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5732
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
No mention of Carpenter missing two field goals to lose the game?

No mention of Armstrong missing a short slant that could have went for 6,game over. Or nomention of RT clutch throws to Bess and Hartline.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5426
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
I will agree Tannehill sharing the blame and not looking great, but please stop with the "a veteran QB wouldn't throw that" crap and that we'd be 2-1. Matt Moore threw that crap. Chad Henne threw that crap. Heck even Chad Pennington threw that crap.

Tannehill's deep accuracy is more concerning than the pick six which he threw just a hair late.

This loss goes on just about eveyone, coaches included, except Reggie Bush, Davone Bess and the DL. I thought the pressure on Sanchez was great and he pulled a few throws out of his rear that Miami couldn't overcome.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 233
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
LOL, I thought there was a 24hr rule...

Oh well here is my 2 cents...
Tannehill had som good plays and some bad ones. But it's a growth thing for this year and he really looks like a franchise QB. Very poised. Watch the game again and look at Sanchez. Year four and he is still making horrible decisions.

This game really highlights our lack of WR talent. Miami could not exploit Revis' injury. Hartline really sticks out. He made some horrible decisions, and ran horrid patterns.

I don't know why Miami went away from Miller. He got stuffed a few times, but he only made us miss Bush alittle.

Part of this loss goes on the coaching staff. Some very strange play calling in the third and fourth quarter. Why no screen passes or passes to the backs? That stuff was open all day and we didn't exploit.

Part goes on the refs for slowing down the game and disrupting the offensive's tempo, though that may have helped the Jets more than us.

Bad luck about the block/TO.
Carpenter gets the goat award for this game.

But hey! Tebow didn't beat us.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Posts: 359
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
I think you can call RT's blunders "growing pains" until he's got a season or two under the helm. If he's playing like Sanchez in 4 seasons, then we can be crying that he's out there. He shares the loss, yes, but with a rookie QB we can live with that. It's other things that frustrate me.

Dan misses 2 makeable FGs. He was visibly upset after each of his attempts, even the make, suggesting that he knows that those are almost automatic from him. Inexcusable.

Richard Marshall was absolutely terrible. Maybe one good play the entire game. Maybe.

Pass rush could not get to the QB, when they did nobody could wrap Sanchez up.

WRs were wholly uninspiring. Anthony Armstrong is fairly terrible. Hartline did not follow up on his career day, but granted Cromartie played very well. Fasano was largely a non-factor. Coaches did not use the RBs and Fasano enough to combat the Jets' two secondary bookends.

Reggie Bush gets hurt. Daniel Thomas did little to give us home after that.


There were definitely bright spots, but this is the same old Dolphins. Defense plays serviceable to good, offense shows promise but a mixture between lack of execution, turnovers, and poor playcalling do us in. It's quite exhausting.

_________________
305sportsblog.blogspot.com

Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 891
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Am I the only one who feels like I've seen this episode 1,000 times?

Dolphins & Jets are always like this. & unless you're a fan of either of these teams, you can't relate. Its freakin emotional.

I hope our coach & QB can grow together because they have a lot to learn about these games too

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Didn't Vontae shut Holmes out last season? If Marshall was so bad, why didn't Coyle help him out?


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
NFLJunkie wrote:
Jets came in and tried their absolute best to give Miami the game, and the Dolphins from top to bottom showed how bad they didn't want to take it.
Kudos to the defense for another wasted effort.
How fitting the game ends on a Jet's Missed FG that Philbin calls TO on. LOL. Well, no doubt 2-1 with a veteran QB who wouldn't throw an awful pick six. Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


Kudos to the same defense that consistently failed to produce a pass rush? Or the defense that had several costly penalties and gave up several big plays?

You blame Philbin for calling timeout when it's almost a given that a coach is going to try to ice the kicker in that kind of situation? Ok
:hithead:

You don't think Tannehill had anything to do with the run game? I saw him audible to a run play several times and they were all for solid gains. In addition, Tannehill wasn't the one who made our receivers drop four passes in critical situations. Tannehill didn't make Carpenter miss those fieldgoals. He didn't make Thomas fumble the ball again. Did he throw one interception, yes, he threw a pick six. But all that did was make the game 10-10 at that point.

Tannehill then marched us back down and put a touchdown on the board and gave us the lead. Then after the defense gave that lead back up, what did he do? He marched us back down and got us into fieldgoal range to tie it up 20-20. What did he do in OT, he drove us down and again put us in a position to win the game. Wake up, the offensive problems aren't Tannehill, it's the guys around him dropping the ball. We have no weapons outside the hashmarks. Is Tannehill completely blame free, no, but he's far from being a problem to our team. Dropped passes have plagued this offense all season long.

I love how you have this notion that if we had someone else in there running the offense that we would somehow be better. Wake up! Nobody else on our roster can run the offense as good as Tannehill. He's always been our best option. The kid needs some real weapons outside the hashmarks before we'll ever see this offense get to where it needs to be. That said, Tannehill put us in a position to win again this week, the guys around him failed to execute.


Last edited by wkloiber13 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Tannehill is on a short leash for a good reason...the pick 6 was a demo of the reason. However, without Bush, there is not enough offensive punch on the team. Might as well let Tannehill use the whole playbook if Bush is out. Add some screen passes into the game plan for the love of God!! Help your rookie out.

It sucks losing to the fist pumper.


Tannehill has one of the longest "leashes" in the NFL. Mainly because there is nobody else on the roster that can replace him and do better.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Bottom line, we're a young team that has only played together for two months in the new systems. This game is a perfect example of the growing pains we're going to go through. There is no way around it. Today was a team loss, everyone can share the blame. Hopefully we can put it in the rearview and start to focus on Arizona tomorrow. Having a short memory helped us bounce back against the Raiders, hopefully we can do the same thing next week and get things back on track against the Cardinals.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5732
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Didn't Vontae shut Holmes out last season?

I don't know? I know we split with them last season and Holmes did get a TD. Davis had 6 tackles because he was targeted and in the other game, Holmes got benched for being a baby. He's gone Junkie, let it go. Your act is getting tired bro.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:28 pm
Profile
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 257
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Just when I was starting to think that the new coach would make a difference and make up for our lack of talent.......... I see this game.

Such a typical "let's just collect our pay check" effort by Miami during a division rival game.

Major injury to our star running back to make sure we lose? Check.

Falling for a lame butt fake punt by the golden boy? Check.

Not taking advantage of home field? Check.

Not making smart decisions after having multiple leads? Check.

Making sure we stand no threat to N.E. early in the season so they can rest their players when Miami plays them, thus helping N.E. win even more games and making it to the play offs with home field advantage?....

major butt check.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Makchell wrote:
Didn't Vontae shut Holmes out last season?

I don't know? I know we split with them last season and Holmes did get a TD. Davis had 6 tackles because he was targeted and in the other game, Holmes got benched for being a baby. He's gone Junkie, let it go. Your act is getting tired bro.


Marshall had some good plays, he had some bad plays. That interception he had in the 1st half led to a touchdown. He also had some big pass breakups. He drew some questionable flags as well. I think this is a game he'll learn a lot from. It was a sloppy game to say the least. I think once Marshall plays in this defense a little longer you'll see him get more consistent. He's only been on the team for a couple of months.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 257
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Oh, and just add to this.

I believe that if your team gets fake punted by lame Tebow during your home game, the special teams coach and at least one responsible player should automatically get traded to another team/fired.

pathetic. Not one single game ticket should be sold for the rest of the year until Miami hires some darn talent.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1006
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
We can't stop the pass and we have no one to catch the ball.

And I don't see this getting any better until next year, when our GM drafts.... <shakes head>

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5732
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Such a typical "let's just collect our pay check" effort by Miami during a division rival game.

This is an incorrect statement. They gave effort, the game could ahve went either way, it's a typical Jet Fins game.

Not one single game ticket should be sold for the rest of the year until Miami hires some darn talent.

What talent? Who do you have in mind?


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 257
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Sorry I disagree my friend. Giving up a Tebow punt fake is inexcusable. 10 year old NFL fans know that Tebow is only for glitz and show so you have to assume they will try that stuff with him.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5732
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Sorry I disagree my friend. Giving up a Tebow punt fake is inexcusable. 10 year old NFL fans know that Tebow is only for glitz and show so you have to assume they will try that stuff with him.


Hold on hold on. I disagreed with you saying the team just collected a paycheck and didn't give effort. I never commented on the fake punt. Yes, we should have been ready for it.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4558
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
No mention of Armstrong missing a short slant that could have went for 6,

Mak, well put. People don't want to focus on the good Tannehill did and my goodness there were a few balls thrown right on the money. Armstrong dropped a key pass just like that against the Texans too. What is it with these veteran receivers dropping the darn ball so much???

Also, why even bring up Vontae Davis or Chad Henne's name anymore? Let all that nonsense go!!

Tannehill did not play great and made mistakes, BUT, the rookie put Miami in a position to WIN the game and that says something about the kid. Our receivers around him really need to concentrate and do their part more.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 pm
Profile
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 257
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Sorry. I wasnt' paying attention. My fault.

Perhaps it is wrong of me to say that Miami was just collecting a pay check because a few players were trying hard. I am generalizing that overall, there lacks a real heart to win games. I could be wrong. I just see so many more amazing plays in a lot of other teams when the chips are down.

So either it's lack of talent and direction, or my theory of "collect pay check, hit south beach each night, bag some brazilian hotties, repeat.

:)


Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5732
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
I just see so many more amazing plays in a lot of other teams when the chips are down.

Tannehill to Hartline is a play that you are talking about. All Carp had to do was kick the ball.

Sorry. I wasnt' paying attention. My fault.

No worries at all bro.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1127
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Big Dave wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


No mention of Carpenter missing two field goals to lose the game?


Carpenter needs to get his walking papers. Not tomorrow, not after dinner, RIGHT NOW!!!!!

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Finhead34 wrote:
No mention of Armstrong missing a short slant that could have went for 6,

Mak, well put. People don't want to focus on the good Tannehill did and my goodness there were a few balls thrown right on the money. Armstrong dropped a key pass just like that against the Texans too. What is it with these veteran receivers dropping the darn ball so much???

Also, why even bring up Vontae Davis or Chad Henne's name anymore? Let all that nonsense go!!

Tannehill did not play great and made mistakes, BUT, the rookie put Miami in a position to WIN the game and that says something about the kid. Our receivers around him really need to concentrate and do their part more.


That is honestly all you can ask of most rookies, that they don't lose you the game. Tannehill had a nasty pick six, but he made up for it with a nice touchdown drive and two subsequent drives that should have won us the game in the 4th quarter and overtime. Like you said, he had us in a position to win the game.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Jets came in and tried their absolute best to give Miami the game, and the Dolphins from top to bottom showed how bad they didn't want to take it.
Kudos to the defense for another wasted effort.
How fitting the game ends on a Jet's Missed FG that Philbin calls TO on. LOL. Well, no doubt 2-1 with a veteran QB who wouldn't throw an awful pick six. Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


Kudos to the same defense that consistently failed to produce a pass rush? Or the defense that had several costly penalties and gave up several big plays?

You blame Philbin for calling timeout when it's almost a given that a coach is going to try to ice the kicker in that kind of situation? Ok
:hithead:

You don't think Tannehill had anything to do with the run game? I saw him audible to a run play several times and they were all for solid gains. In addition, Tannehill wasn't the one who made our receivers drop four passes in critical situations. Tannehill didn't make Carpenter miss those fieldgoals. He didn't make Thomas fumble the ball again. Did he throw one interception, yes, he threw a pick six. But all that did was make the game 10-10 at that point.

Tannehill then marched us back down and put a touchdown on the board and gave us the lead. Then after the defense gave that lead back up, what did he do? He marched us back down and got us into fieldgoal range to tie it up 20-20. What did he do in OT, he drove us down and again put us in a position to win the game. Wake up, the offensive problems aren't Tannehill, it's the guys around him dropping the ball. We have no weapons outside the hashmarks. Is Tannehill completely blame free, no, but he's far from being a problem to our team. Dropped passes have plagued this offense all season long.

I love how you have this notion that if we had someone else in there running the offense that we would somehow be better. Wake up! Nobody else on our roster can run the offense as good as Tannehill. He's always been our best option. The kid needs some real weapons outside the hashmarks before we'll ever see this offense get to where it needs to be. That said, Tannehill put us in a position to win again this week, the guys around him failed to execute.

Who blamed Philbin, I think you have the wrong thread and in that thread I was defending him.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
1984phins wrote:
We can't stop the pass and we have no one to catch the ball.

And I don't see this getting any better until next year, when our GM drafts.... <shakes head>


...and by some magic pixie dust Ireland is going to pull his head out o fhis rear and draft a viable CB to replace Vontae.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
1984phins wrote:
We can't stop the pass and we have no one to catch the ball.

And I don't see this getting any better until next year, when our GM drafts.... <shakes head>


We can shut down the run and run the ball like nobody's business. We're a physical team that can dominate up front. But truth be told, we could probably stand to add a pair of big receivers on the outside as well as a pair of defensive backs. We're very thin at WR and DB.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
NFLJunkie wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Jets came in and tried their absolute best to give Miami the game, and the Dolphins from top to bottom showed how bad they didn't want to take it.
Kudos to the defense for another wasted effort.
How fitting the game ends on a Jet's Missed FG that Philbin calls TO on. LOL. Well, no doubt 2-1 with a veteran QB who wouldn't throw an awful pick six. Offense, other than running game, blows with RT at the helm..hope he grows up fast. This sux.


Kudos to the same defense that consistently failed to produce a pass rush? Or the defense that had several costly penalties and gave up several big plays?

You blame Philbin for calling timeout when it's almost a given that a coach is going to try to ice the kicker in that kind of situation? Ok
:hithead:

You don't think Tannehill had anything to do with the run game? I saw him audible to a run play several times and they were all for solid gains. In addition, Tannehill wasn't the one who made our receivers drop four passes in critical situations. Tannehill didn't make Carpenter miss those fieldgoals. He didn't make Thomas fumble the ball again. Did he throw one interception, yes, he threw a pick six. But all that did was make the game 10-10 at that point.

Tannehill then marched us back down and put a touchdown on the board and gave us the lead. Then after the defense gave that lead back up, what did he do? He marched us back down and got us into fieldgoal range to tie it up 20-20. What did he do in OT, he drove us down and again put us in a position to win the game. Wake up, the offensive problems aren't Tannehill, it's the guys around him dropping the ball. We have no weapons outside the hashmarks. Is Tannehill completely blame free, no, but he's far from being a problem to our team. Dropped passes have plagued this offense all season long.

I love how you have this notion that if we had someone else in there running the offense that we would somehow be better. Wake up! Nobody else on our roster can run the offense as good as Tannehill. He's always been our best option. The kid needs some real weapons outside the hashmarks before we'll ever see this offense get to where it needs to be. That said, Tannehill put us in a position to win again this week, the guys around him failed to execute.

Who blamed Philbin, I think you have the wrong thread and in that thread I was defending him.


How fitting the game ends on a Jet's Missed FG that Philbin calls TO on. LOL.
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted this sentence. In that case I agree with you, Philbin did what every other coach in the NFL does, he tried to freeze the kicker. Besides, with our luck they would have made the kick if he didn't call timeout.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5406
Post Re: Wow...how pathetic
Quote:
Nobody else on our roster can run the offense as good as Tannehill.


Moore played in 12 games last year...none were as bad as the first 3 by Tannehill. So, I'd have to disagree. Moore is a gamer. Just like Misi who has elevated his play since preseason....ditto for Moore. But it will take a few "more" painful losses before the staff starts to see that.


Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFCMiamiEast, Big Dave, Finster, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.