View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
 New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins
Anyone scared of the Tebowcat? I for one, think if they try and pull that against us it's gonna create some opportunities for a few turnovers. I am excited about this game and think it could be a very easy 2-1 start. Yeah its the jets and they tend to always play us hard but they are pretty sad. Just because they beat up on the Bills doesn't mean anything. Anyway, could be wrong!

Jets: 14
Dolphins: 38

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins
The NFL is getting more and more inconsistent every year. Look at all the world beaters in week 1 that just got throttled in week 2. So predicting an outcome is difficult. It is pretty certain that Miami won't run the ball at will against the Jets but they do need to have some success. Keeping that defense honest and allowing RT to throw will be the key. Sparano is going to have more than 1 gadget play this week...let's hope they're ready for Tebow to launch a few passes, maybe catch one, out of the wildcat. If they can stop from giving up stupid big plays, the game will be close and winnable.

Miami 13
Jets 10

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:19 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Haha wrote:
Anyone scared of the Tebowcat? I for one, think if they try and pull that against us it's gonna create some opportunities for a few turnovers. I am excited about this game and think it could be a very easy 2-1 start. Yeah its the jets and they tend to always play us hard but they are pretty sad. Just because they beat up on the Bills doesn't mean anything. Anyway, could be wrong!

Jets: 14
Dolphins: 38

You just had to, didn't you? I hate the Jets, hate them. We got tebowed last year, fired Sparano, so football karma says that most likely what ever big suprise the Jets and Sparano has, will be dropped on us this sunday. Arrgghhh!

My prediction: Sanchez vs Tannehill aerial duel. 900 plus yards thru air for both with Miami winning 48 to 45. Bush has a run and reception over 60 yrds for scores.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Jets 20
Miami 10

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Jets are currently favored by 3 with the O/U @ 40. Though not officially announced, I anticipate Revis will be back.

The Dolphins wore down the Raiders in the 2nd half........in part due to conditioning and being accustomed to the Miami heat. Forecast for Miami this Sunday is 84 deg with 40% chance of showers.

Anticipate a close game through the 3rd, the Dolphins will pull away in the 4th. Prediction.......

Dolphins 23
Jets 16

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think it will be a close game but like the Raiders I think that we match up well with the jets. Stopping the run has been a strength of this team and the jets are not a great passing offense. I think our running game will start get cranked up the second half. Tannehill is gonna make enough throws to keep the defense honest.

Dolphins 20
jets 16

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is a huge game, I think the Jets are going to do everything in their power to shut down the run and make us one dimensional. Basically they're going to force Tannehill to beat them through the air. We will do the same thing to the Jets, we're going to plug the run like we did against Oakland and force Sanchez to beat us. I think this game will be summarized by Tannehill vs. Sanchez. Winner goes to the team that has the better quarterback. My prediction:

Jets - 17
Dolphins - 23

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Here is some stats to compare from weeks 1-2. Both teams blew another one out, and got beat badly by another. Here are the stats:

Total yards per game
Miami #12 363.5
Jets #26 301.5

Passing yards per game
Miami #27 192.5
Jets #24 197.5

Rushing yards per game
Miami #2 171.0
Jets #18 104.0

Defense
Total yards allowed per game
Miami #18 366.5
Jets #16 360.5

Passing yards allowed per game
Miami #30 313.5
Jets #16 230.0

Rushing yards allowed per game
Miami #4 53.0
Jets #22 130.5

NYJ: 17

Miami: 21

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think Scooby Doo will have a lot to do with Tanny's performance regardless, hopefully the O-Line protects him and the run game like they did in the 2nd half while playing the Raiders, and learn from how poorly they played in that 1st half.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:46 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

MIA 27-13 :jests:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Whatever the score ends up being, I just hope Miami takes care of business and beats the Jets of all teams! Wish I could have flown down for this one too!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Miami 17
Jets 14

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Whatever the score ends up being, I just hope Miami takes care of business and beats the Jets of all teams! Wish I could have flown down for this one too!

Yep, end of the day a win is a win. If we can come out of this game with a W and no significant injuries, then I'm going to be happy. I'd love to see us thrash them like we did the Raiders, but these divisional games are always tough.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
OmarKelly In 2 career games against Jets Reggie Bush is averaging 6.8 yards per carry (16 att., 108 yards).

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=OmarKelly

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 am

A guy walks into a bar with his pet dog. The bartender says, "No pets allowed."

The man replied. "This is a special dog. Turn on the Jets game and you'll see."

The bartender, anxious to see what will happen, turns on the game.

The guy says, "Watch. Whenever the Jets score, my dog does flips."

The Jets keep scoring field goals and the dog keeps flipping and jumping.

"Wow! That's one helluva dog you got there! What happens when the Jets score a touchdown?"

The man replied, "I don't know. I've only had him for 7 years!"

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 am

Q: What do the New York Jets and possums have in common?
A: Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

sadly, this will be the Jets Super Bowl and they will pull out all the stops to win won for the" Gipper "(AKA, the Sparano)

so I think they will probably win this one. but longterm Miami is going places and New York is not.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

swerve13 wrote:
sadly, this will be the Jets Super Bowl and they will pull out all the stops to win won for the" Gipper "(AKA, the Sparano)

so I think they will probably win this one. but longterm Miami is going places and New York is not.

hater :embarrassed:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

hater :embarrassed:

I'm just realistic about my team Junkie. They're young, talented and rebuilding.
I dont hate every move they make and then turn around and predict they'll go 10-6. That makes no sense to me.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am

Realistic? The jets have no running game and Mark Sanchez at QB. At least give your "young team" the benefit of the doubt. Barring a complete meltdown by your boy RT, this game should be within a FG.

Quote:
I'm just realistic about my team Junkie. They're young, talented and rebuilding.
I dont hate every move they make and then turn around and predict they'll go 10-6. That makes no sense to me.

I don't think I've ever said I hate every move they made. However, when I point out a move I don't like, people get all upset over it. So the message here on these boards is clear...either be a homer, or bear the heat.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:06 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NFLJunkie wrote:
Realistic? The jets have no running game and Mark Sanchez at QB. At least give your "young team" the benefit of the doubt. Barring a complete meltdown by your boy RT, this game should be within a FG.

Quote:

I don't think I've ever said I hate every move they made. However, when I point out a move I don't like, people get all upset over it. So the message here on these boards is clear...either be a homer, or bear the heat.

I'd like to hear of a couple that you liked...

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Dansby, Wake, Bush, Incognito, Pouncey, J-lo, Jerry, McDaniel, Garrard...when they signed him. I liked the drafting of Tannehill, Miller, Matthews. I like most of what Philbin does as a coach. I think he does have presence although a bit introverted. I like he is decisive and not wishy-washy. My hope is it works out. Ireland has always been a love-hate, hate-love relationship. Somedays I love to hate him. Other days I hate to love him. I've been a fan since 1971. I was spoiled during the 70s and early 80s.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Forgot my boys Hartline and Bess...

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 pm

BTW, a player or coach have to earn my loyalty. A player can win, then lose my respect. I like Jake Long...but can't add him to the list because he is always playing injured. It makes him less than a good LT. Jury is out on most guys. I like R. Jones. I think that kid is going to be a stud safety but he hasn't shown enough consistency to put him in the A list. Coyle is growing on me quickly. He knows how to dial up pressure. Sherman.... I'm not sold on. Let's see what he's got this week.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Junkie you crafty old so and so. Trying to go all nuanced on us, huh.

You can't get away with this balanced nonsense.

You dont really like thoses moves, you mentioned, do you? You probably just made them up to throw people off the scent.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think Reggie outscores the entire Jets team.

Reggie - 21
Jets - a couple of fist pumps from Sparano (maybe 3)

:runwiththeball: :)

:jests:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

As I said, regardless, the main guy they have on D is Scooby-Doo. Without him, they're probably a 6-7 win team. I am still slightly impressed with what they did in Buffalo, but I think not having Scooby against PITT really messed them up. It's been reported that he will play in Miami, so I don't see us posting up big passing/receiving numbers with Scooby around. We're gonna have to pound it up with Reggie and Lamar.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW, a player or coach have to earn my loyalty. A player can win, then lose my respect. I like Jake Long...but can't add him to the list because he is always playing injured. It makes him less than a good LT. Jury is out on most guys. I like R. Jones. I think that kid is going to be a stud safety but he hasn't shown enough consistency to put him in the A list. Coyle is growing on me quickly. He knows how to dial up pressure. Sherman.... I'm not sold on. Let's see what he's got this week.

The Bengals had a top ten defense last year, they were ranked 7th overall in total yards given up, now they're ranked 30th. They've given up 35.5 points per game this year so far, last year they gave up 20.2. Coyle definitely knows what he's doing. I think our defense is only going to get stronger as the season goes. I think by the end of the season we're definitely a top ten defense, possibly top five.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
The Bengals had a top ten defense last year, they were ranked 7th overall in total yards given up, now they're ranked 30th. They've given up 35.5 points per game this year so far, last year they gave up 20.2. Coyle definitely knows what he's doing. I think our defense is only going to get stronger as the season goes. I think by the end of the season we're definitely a top ten defense, possibly top five.

Coyle wasn't their defensive coordinator. He was their secondary coach. Right now they are also besieged by injuries to main cogs along their defensive line and secondary.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:43 pm

17 - 0 miami

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mindtornado wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Quote:

I'd like to hear of a couple that you liked...

ya seriously!! hahahaa!!!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
Junkie you crafty old so and so. Trying to go all nuanced on us, huh.

You can't get away with this balanced nonsense.

You dont really like thoses moves, you mentioned, do you? You probably just made them up to throw people off the scent.

the human see-saw

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

why is Revis Scooby doo?

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Quote:
Okay, your turn. Name some you don't like.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Chad Johnson, Vontae Davis. Never wanted either.
and i hated the non-move of not getting a higher caliber receiver in free agency or the draft.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:17 am

swerve13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Chad Johnson, Vontae Davis. Never wanted either.
and i hated the non-move of not getting a higher caliber receiver in free agency or the draft.

So now that Chad and Vontae are gone, you're 100% satisfied with every position on the roster outside of them not drafting a WR higher than they did.....wow. :hypnotize:

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Miami 17
Jets 14

More scoring than I thought....but same difference. Carpenter is stinking this year.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]