View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Eric Norwood 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Eric Norwood
I was wondering would he be a player that we would be interested in rounds 2 or 3. He seems like he could be a solution to sure up our linebacking corps and Scott Wright has compared him with James Farrior. http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingR ... orwood.php Tony I know you've probably got your fair share of looks at this guy.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Eric Norwood
He seems to be a smart player..I don't know he could seem as a valid option if we go elsewhere in round 1/2

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... genpos=OLB

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:55 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Not sure where the comparison to James Farrior comes from as he would be a 34 OLB, or a 43 DE.

He's a good player. Probably could be had in the 3rd. He really struggled in the LB drills at the Senior Bowl though, which is a concern. Is he just a situational pass rusher or can he be an every down player? That's the question with him.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I most certainly did Alex. Eric is a playmaker, and I believe his 29 career sacks makes him the leader for a career in the SEC.

The one thing that will hurt Eric is he a little over 6'0 tall. He reminds me of James Harrison of Pittsburgh and would be a good fit for the Steelers. I think Eric is best coming off the edge bringing pressure. You don't want him in coverage to often.

If Miami were to take Graham at #12, I think they may go a little bit before they take another OLB, but I expect Miami to take multiple OLB. A kid to keep an eye on is Adrian Tracy, the DE out of William & Mary. The Dolphins have talked with him and he has the size to convert to OLB at 6'2 5/8, 250 lbs, and he has 31.0 career sacks and over 60 tackles for lost.

Last edited by phinsfansc on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am

phinsfansc wrote:
I most certainly did Alex. Eric is a playmaker, and I believe his 29 career sacks makes him the leader for a career in the SEC.

The one thing that will hurt Eric is he a little over 6'0 tall. He reminds me of James Harrison of Pittsburgh and would be a good fit for the Steelers. I think Eric is best coming off the edge bring pressure. You don't want him in coverage to often.

If Miami were to take Graham at #12, I think they may go a little bit before they take another OLB, but I expect Miami to take multiple OLB. A kid to keep an eye on is Adrian Tracy, the DE out of William & Mary. The Dolphins have talked with him and he has the size to convert to OLB at 6'2 5/8, 250 lbs, and he has 31.0 career sacks and over 60 tackles for lost.

Read my mind man. I have Tracy going to Miami in my next mock that I'll get up in a few days. I was looking at his bio yesterday and could not believe the numbers he put up.

Good size, long arms, and at the combine he was near the top in the shuttle drills, proving he's quick enough to play OLB.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]