Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:03 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
Dphins4me, you are quite the devil's advocate versus other people's posting aren't you?
I post what I think majority of the time. Sometimes I do play devil's advocate though.

Finhead34 wrote:
You seem extremely skeptical of the Dolphins each and every year......not that I can blame you, but try and show "some" enthusiasm my friend!! Or at least pretend!!! : )
This team has made two moves over the past 15 yrs I actually agreed with. Trading for RW & Marshall.

Its a shame that fans could draft better than the people getting paid to do the job for the most part. Why Miami struggles at drafting is something I've yet to figure out. Its not like its been the same guy screwing up drafts. I was 99% sure Gates would be a missed pick. All he had to offer was speed.

Sorry, but I'd love to show some enthusiasm, but frankly I'd have to be a woman to fake something that sell-able.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me: For better or worse, I have been following the Dolphins since I was 10 years old and actually paying attention to their games/stats etc, so that is for 37 years now.

I have not missed a game live since 1991 even watched that game that was moved to a Friday because of the hurricane against KC and my point is that I have watched all the ups and downs over the years and really ever since Wanny's last year as coach when he left mid season or so, watched our fins take a nose dive with of course the exception of the 2008 season when we had that one year fun run with Pennington as our starting QB.

Trust me that it is very frustrating trying to convince myself year in and year out that the Dolphins will finally get back to getting to the playoffs year in and year out. This team is obviously still far away from becoming top of the pack and it is beginning to feel hopeless UNTIL the proof is in the wins and losses and from a consistency perspective, so all the above being said, I honestly don't blame anyone for always looking to be the Devil's Advocate on Miami's decisions as until they get back to making smart moves that improve the future, it will continue to be hopeless and frustrating as die hard fans.

Here's to hoping that we start seeing brighter days with Philbin as yet ANOTHER new coach, new system, new plan......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This team has made two moves over the past 15 yrs I actually agreed with. Trading for RW & Marshall.

And they turned up nothing as well. Either way, I'm stoked for next Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:34 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
Dphins4me: For better or worse, I have been following the Dolphins since I was 10 years old and actually paying attention to their games/stats etc, so that is for 37 years now.
Since Dallas/Miami Super Bowl.

Makchell wrote:
And they turned up nothing as well. Either way, I'm stoked for next Sunday.

1800 Yds rushing in a season is nothing? 3225 for two season is nothing? Gave up on Marshall far before they should have.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh yeah....Ricky Williams and Brandon Marshall sucked.....

:hithead:

Williams was electric in his heyday and WAS our offense. His later dalliance with pot and mysticism hurt Miami, but he was great early on.

Marshall was frustrating, but there is no one on the roster even close to his caliber. Over1200 yards and a Pro Bowl. It sure would be nice to have that target for your rookie QB. We rented him for a year and traded two 2nd's for him and got two 3rd's back. Stupid is as stupid does.

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2