View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:15 am



Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
k-dash wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Packers reportedly want a 2nd rounder.


No way. No. :boo:


If they want him, that's what it's gonna take. Regardless of his negatives, he's clearly a better player than when he arrived in GB and they want compensation for developing him. The lowest offer they can feasibly make is a conditional 3rd, which could escalate based on performance.

_________________
Image


Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2448
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
....even Ireland isn't that dumb..

Then again, he is going to waste that pick anyway. :cry:

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
No way. Hang up the phone Ireland, block him from texting you.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
ToneOz wrote:
GB wouldn't cut JJ because he's a valuable veteran with experience and production on the field.
Only way Miami end up with JJ is through a trade.



Aaron Rodgers loves James Jones and fought for the team to resign him, so that should tell you something. The other thing is this guy has gotten better each year. And is reportedly having his best camp as a pro. This is an ascending young player. He's turning into a #2 in this league


Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Told you guys. They are over-pricing Jones because they know the Dolphins are desperate. That's life in the NFL when you're the have-not.
I'd rather they trade for Marvin Jones or someone like that. Get someone young.



James Jones is young. The problem right now is we have to many "marvin jones" on this team already. I think they still think Cunningham and Matthews will be good, they are just still too young and not ready. This team needs veteran receivers right now.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 469
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
You guys that think Jones is a No. 3 receiver on this team are delusional. James Jones is immediately the No. 1 guy on this team and it's not even close.

And while I don't agree with the Packers' second round assessment of Jones, I would have no problem trading a fourth round pick for him. No problem at all.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
swerve13 wrote:

James Jones is young. The problem right now is we have to many "marvin jones" on this team already. I think they still think Cunningham and Matthews will be good, they are just still too young and not ready. This team needs veteran receivers right now.
James Jones is 28. Two yrs from being on the wrong side of 30.

As with Tanny. Play them & let the learn on the field, its not like they will win with Jones here anyway. Cunningham has been cut.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
MNDolfan wrote:
You guys that think Jones is a No. 3 receiver on this team are delusional. James Jones is immediately the No. 1 guy on this team and it's not even close.

And while I don't agree with the Packers' second round assessment of Jones, I would have no problem trading a fourth round pick for him. No problem at all.


Yup. Agreed.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
MNDolfan wrote:
You guys that think Jones is a No. 3 receiver on this team are delusional. James Jones is immediately the No. 1 guy on this team and it's not even close.

And while I don't agree with the Packers' second round assessment of Jones, I would have no problem trading a fourth round pick for him. No problem at all.



ESPN's John Clayton suggests that the Dolphins could be interested in trading for Packers WR James Jones.
Clayton is just connecting the dots here, not reporting. The Dolphins are stockpiling draft picks, are desperate for wideout help and the talented Jones is buried on the Packers' depth chart. The Dolphins' coaching staff also knows Jones well after head man Joe Philbin came over from Green Bay. If a trade did go down, he'd quickly make his way to the top of the depth chart.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:17 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

James Jones is young. The problem right now is we have to many "marvin jones" on this team already. I think they still think Cunningham and Matthews will be good, they are just still too young and not ready. This team needs veteran receivers right now.
James Jones is 28. Two yrs from being on the wrong side of 30.

As with Tanny. Play them & let the learn on the field, its not like they will win with Jones here anyway. Cunningham has been cut.



the guy could play for 8 more years. He's not a running back


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
swerve13 wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
You guys that think Jones is a No. 3 receiver on this team are delusional. James Jones is immediately the No. 1 guy on this team and it's not even close.

And while I don't agree with the Packers' second round assessment of Jones, I would have no problem trading a fourth round pick for him. No problem at all.



ESPN's John Clayton suggests that the Dolphins could be interested in trading for Packers WR James Jones.
Clayton is just connecting the dots here, not reporting. The Dolphins are stockpiling draft picks, are desperate for wideout help and the talented Jones is buried on the Packers' depth chart. The Dolphins' coaching staff also knows Jones well after head man Joe Philbin came over from Green Bay. If a trade did go down, he'd quickly make his way to the top of the depth chart.


You should quote your source....

_________________
Image


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
swerve13 wrote:


the guy could play for 8 more years. He's not a running back
NFL is full of 36 yr old Wr?

NFL wise once a WR passes 30, then his legs can go at any point.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:


the guy could play for 8 more years. He's not a running back
NFL is full of 36 yr old Wr?

NFL wise once a WR passes 30, then his legs can go at any point.



QB's and WR's can play well into their 30's


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:22 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5910
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Quote:
NFL wise once a WR passes 30, then his legs can go at any point.
Someone should have told Jerry Rice.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
28 is old :)


Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Kev1321 wrote:
28 is old

In NFL world, its knocking on the door for certain position that depend on legs.

You were also laughing on my Long substandard play comment. No reply after quoting Long.

One would think you would just walk away.


NFLJunkie wrote:
Someone should have told Jerry Rice.
Can, not will. We all know Rice had one of the toughest workout routines. Also that is one in how many over 30 WR?

Its like smoking. People always want to talk about the one, never the other 99.9%


Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Quote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
28 is old

In NFL world, its knocking on the door for certain position that depend on legs.

You were also laughing on my Long substandard play comment. No reply after quoting Long.

One would think you would just walk away.


You also said Cam Newton might catch on as a TE :)
You also said Pouncy was only being drafted because his brother was good :)

You also said this about Long
Quote:
Miami will be bad with him, so not having him will mean thing will not change. Not sure why everyone is so concerned. He is a FA after the year & has been injured the past couple of Yrs.
Thing(s) will not change?
NOOO we wiil be better

28 is old :)


Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Tannehill is worthy of the 8th pick :)
Tannehill shouldn't be allow to compete for the starting job :)


Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Rock Sexton wrote:
Packers reportedly want a 2nd rounder.
As would I.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Kev1321 wrote:
You also said Cam Newton might catch on as a TE :)
You also said Pouncy was only being drafted because his brother was good
Yes, I did. For the 50 times. ( Are you that dense ) it was a tongue in cheek comment. Its called joking.

Yes, I felt Pouncey was being overated because of his brother.

Kev1321 wrote:
You also said this about Long
Quote:
Miami will be bad with him, so not having him will mean thing will not change. Not sure why everyone is so concerned. He is a FA after the year & has been injured the past couple of Yrs.
Yes, mocking the comment that was said that about Davis being traded. Sheeesh. You are dense.

Kev1321 wrote:
Tannehill is worthy of the 8th pick
Tannehill shouldn't be allow to compete for the starting job

Lets see how he plays in reg games before laughing & considering how poorly the O has showed I still believe sitting him would be best.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Quote:
Yes, I did. For the 50 times. ( Are you that dense ) it was a tongue in cheek comment. Its called joking.


A joke? Really...You also wouldn't have taken him until the 2nd round..Another joke.
It's getting deep.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Kev1321 wrote:
A joke? Really...You also wouldn't have taken him until the 2nd round..Another joke.
It's getting deep.
Yes, I would not have. For the money thought he came with far to many questions. Its an opinion. Many experts shared it & many others did not.

If 5 yrs in he is still playing great, then I would be wrong. The NFL is full of rookies that flame out quickly. So I hold judgement more than one year.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
A joke? Really...You also wouldn't have taken him until the 2nd round..Another joke.
It's getting deep.
Yes, I would not have. For the money thought he came with far to many questions. Its an opinion. Many experts shared it & many others did not.

If 5 yrs in he is still playing great, then I would be wrong. The NFL is full of rookies that flame out quickly. So I hold judgement more than one year.


But it was a joke!

Done slapping you around..Just sad


Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Kev1321 wrote:
But it was a joke!

Done slapping you around..Just sad
The TE was a joke. The 2nd Rd was not.

You call that slapping around. :hithead:

You are only coming off as a desperate poster trying to play big boy. Besides didn't you just tell me I was not worth your time. Seems to me I'm all you think about.


Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:27 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
MNDolfan wrote:
You guys that think Jones is a No. 3 receiver on this team are delusional. James Jones is immediately the No. 1 guy on this team and it's not even close.

And while I don't agree with the Packers' second round assessment of Jones, I would have no problem trading a fourth round pick for him. No problem at all.


someone who could be your teams immediate #1 wr is worth more than a 4th round pick.

we got a 2nd round pick for v davis.

essentially, giving up a 2nd round pick for james jones would be like trading v davis for james jones. would that have been a good trade? someone who was #3 on the DB depth chart, for someone who could potentially be #1 or #2 on your WR depth chart?

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dolphins should have pulled the trigger and given GB the 2nd round pick they were asking. I was a fan of the idea of getting Jones from the get go. Now the guy is having a great season. While it's impossible to project what he would have done with the Dolphins, it's very clear that the man is a good receiver and would have given us an instant upgrade outside the hashmarks.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
wkloiber13 wrote:
Dolphins should have pulled the trigger and given GB the 2nd round pick they were asking. I was a fan of the idea of getting Jones from the get go. Now the guy is having a great season. While it's impossible to project what he would have done with the Dolphins, it's very clear that the man is a good receiver and would have given us an instant upgrade outside the hashmarks.

I was against it & still am. I stick with track record & one great season catching TD passes from Rodgers does not change the previous 5 yrs of work..

51 catches for 622 Yds. His worst YPC in his career at 12.2. The guy is getting the redzone looks & making the catch, so I give him credit for that, but that is it.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Dolphins should have pulled the trigger and given GB the 2nd round pick they were asking. I was a fan of the idea of getting Jones from the get go. Now the guy is having a great season. While it's impossible to project what he would have done with the Dolphins, it's very clear that the man is a good receiver and would have given us an instant upgrade outside the hashmarks.

I was against it & still am. I stick with track record & one great season catching TD passes from Rodgers does not change the previous 5 yrs of work..

51 catches for 622 Yds. His worst YPC in his career at 12.2. The guy is getting the redzone looks & making the catch, so I give him credit for that, but that is it.


The man has been a quality #2/#3 receiver for Rodgers the past several years. He would have been an instant upgrade. He was worth a pick in my opinion.

Touchdowns have been pretty hard to come by from receivers this year, mainly due to a lack of playmakers in the redzone, so in that regard Jones would have given us a huge upgrade.

Jones would have been a good fit, the two sides just weren't able to come together and agree on the right price.

I applaud Ireland for not overpaying for the guy, but at the same time perhaps giving up a 2nd and overpaying a little would have been the right move.

Oh well, we can draft a couple of stud receivers for Tannehill in the draft.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:15 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
wkloiber13 wrote:

The man has been a quality #2/#3 receiver for Rodgers the past several years. He would have been an instant upgrade. He was worth a pick in my opinion.
Yes, a pick. Not a 2nd. He has been a drop pass top of the league WR.

wkloiber13 wrote:
Touchdowns have been pretty hard to come by from receivers this year, mainly due to a lack of playmakers in the redzone, so in that regard Jones would have given us a huge upgrade.
Probably so, but only helps if one is thinking short term..

wkloiber13 wrote:
Jones would have been a good fit, the two sides just weren't able to come together and agree on the right price.

I applaud Ireland for not overpaying for the guy, but at the same time perhaps giving up a 2nd and overpaying a little would have been the right move.
Only if Miami is thinking 2012.

wkloiber13 wrote:
Oh well, we can draft a couple of stud receivers for Tannehill in the draft.
What I'm hoping for. Two young guys to grow with Tanny.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

The man has been a quality #2/#3 receiver for Rodgers the past several years. He would have been an instant upgrade. He was worth a pick in my opinion.
Yes, a pick. Not a 2nd. He has been a drop pass top of the league WR.

wkloiber13 wrote:
Touchdowns have been pretty hard to come by from receivers this year, mainly due to a lack of playmakers in the redzone, so in that regard Jones would have given us a huge upgrade.
Probably so, but only helps if one is thinking short term..

wkloiber13 wrote:
Jones would have been a good fit, the two sides just weren't able to come together and agree on the right price.

I applaud Ireland for not overpaying for the guy, but at the same time perhaps giving up a 2nd and overpaying a little would have been the right move.
Only if Miami is thinking 2012.

wkloiber13 wrote:
Oh well, we can draft a couple of stud receivers for Tannehill in the draft.
What I'm hoping for. Two young guys to grow with Tanny.


Like I said back when we were actually in trade talks (assuming the reports were accurate). Jones was worth going after because he would have helped fill the void left by Marshall in this bridge (rookie) season. He would have been a guy who would have been our #1 this year, then when we were able to draft a stud wideout next year (2013), he would have slid into the #2 spot.

I'm pretty sure Ireland was talking with Philbin and Sherman when they were looking at adding Jones, and I'm sure our offers reflected what they thought he was worth, similar to what happened with Flynn. So while I would have liked to see Jones in a Dolphins uniform, I'm not totally ticked off we didn't go after him too hard.

I definitely agree with you in one regard, in that I don't think we're necessarily going to be bad off drafting a couple more young receivers that can grow with Tannehill. I actually like that move as well. I really like Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, and Ryan Swope. Hell, in the right scenario I'd love to see us draft all three guys (Hunter 1st, Williams 2nd, Swope 4th).


Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:34 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
wkloiber13 wrote:
Like I said back when we were actually in trade talks (assuming the reports were accurate). Jones was worth going after because he would have helped fill the void left by Marshall in this bridge (rookie) season. He would have been a guy who would have been our #1 this year, then when we were able to draft a stud wideout next year (2013), he would have slid into the #2 spot.
Miami would have been trading a 2nd Rder for a Wr with drop history & only 2 yrs left on his deal. Not worth it IMO.

wkloiber13 wrote:
I definitely agree with you in one regard, in that I don't think we're necessarily going to be bad off drafting a couple more young receivers that can grow with Tannehill. I actually like that move as well. I really like Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, and Ryan Swope. Hell, in the right scenario I'd love to see us draft all three guys (Hunter 1st, Williams 2nd, Swope 4th).
Believe Hunter to have CJ type talent. He is not close to him coming into the NFL, but he is loaded with special talent. Williams looks good also. Swoop has been productive, but I'm going have to learn more about him.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Like I said back when we were actually in trade talks (assuming the reports were accurate). Jones was worth going after because he would have helped fill the void left by Marshall in this bridge (rookie) season. He would have been a guy who would have been our #1 this year, then when we were able to draft a stud wideout next year (2013), he would have slid into the #2 spot.
Miami would have been trading a 2nd Rder for a Wr with drop history & only 2 yrs left on his deal. Not worth it IMO.

wkloiber13 wrote:
I definitely agree with you in one regard, in that I don't think we're necessarily going to be bad off drafting a couple more young receivers that can grow with Tannehill. I actually like that move as well. I really like Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, and Ryan Swope. Hell, in the right scenario I'd love to see us draft all three guys (Hunter 1st, Williams 2nd, Swope 4th).
Believe Hunter to have CJ type talent. He is not close to him coming into the NFL, but he is loaded with special talent. Williams looks good also. Swoop has been productive, but I'm going have to learn more about him.


James Jones is a proven and known commodity to our staff. That is why I was behind us going after him. We would not have been in talks with the Packers had our staff not had a serious desire to get this guy. Philbin and Sherman knew his value and what he was capable of, that is why we approached the Packers. It's not like we were sifting through the Packers garbage receivers, there is a reason the Packers wanted a high pick for him. He's a solid receiver in the prime of his career and he's currently under a very modest contract considering his production this year. Did he have a history of drops, yes, but the word out of Packers camp was he was looking very much like a improved player and was the receiver who showed the most improvement this last offseason. The guy is a hard worker who has improved his game and is now reaping the rewards.

Hunter is a guy I'd love to see us get. He's big, rangy, and has good top end speed. He's make a great big. I've heard the comparisons to A.J. Green as well. When you hear things like that it makes your ears perk up. Having an elite target like that for Tannehill would really help the offense. Williams also has good size and top end speed. He reminds me a lot of Wright from last years draft, only better. Swope, he's a guy Tannehill is very familiar with from their days at A&M and he has been very productive even without Tannehill around this season. I've heard Jordy Nelson comprisons with him. I like all three guys, I'm just hoping we land one of them, but I'd be thrilled if we were able to get two of them.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
wkloiber13 wrote:
James Jones is a proven and known commodity to our staff. That is why I was behind us going after him. We would not have been in talks with the Packers had our staff not had a serious desire to get this guy. Philbin and Sherman knew his value and what he was capable of, that is why we approached the Packers. It's not like we were sifting through the Packers garbage receivers, there is a reason the Packers wanted a high pick for him. He's a solid receiver in the prime of his career and he's currently under a very modest contract considering his production this year. Did he have a history of drops, yes, but the word out of Packers camp was he was looking very much like a improved player and was the receiver who showed the most improvement this last offseason. The guy is a hard worker who has improved his game and is now reaping the rewards.
The guy is catching Tds in the Packers O, this year. Outside that, he is not performing special. 5 Yrs of drops. I believe a player is who is his.


Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 375
Location: Cincinnati
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
This is the same mistake every other Miami staff has made. I hope they stay away from this.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
He's not good enough for Miami..And very old


Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
The dude is on my fantasy team and he is the most inconsistant player on my team. One week it's 3 tds and the next week it's nothing, not even a yard.


Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:49 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4506
Post Re: REPORT: GB and Miami talking James Jones trade
Makchell wrote:
The dude is on my fantasy team and he is the most inconsistant player on my team. One week it's 3 tds and the next week it's nothing, not even a yard.

That is in the Packers O. Jones is having a great season with TD catches, but again. He has been avg in every other department. Would he have helped Miami's O? Sure, but so would Danrio Alexander who could have been had for the league min., but Miami went after WR like Naane, Gaffney, Armstrong & now Binns.

I'm glad they did not trade a 2nd or 3rd for Jones. He is not worth it IMO.


Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hallphin and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.