View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen? 

Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Steve Slaton 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Marcus Thigpen 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Find a way to keep both 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Cut them both 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11

 Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen? 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8032
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
I'm not sure if they are battling it out for a roster spot, but there have been a couple reports that it may be either/or. If you were the GM, what would you do?

KFFL wrote:
Dolphins | Steve Slaton, Marcus Thigpen battling for spot

Wed, 29 Aug 2012 23:04:13 -0700

Miami Dolphins RBs Steve Slaton and Marcus Thigpen are believed to be fighting for a roster spot. Slaton carried four times for 22 yards in the preseason finale against the Dallas Cowboys, while Thigpen had one carry for three yards and a seven-yard reception. Thigpen also had four kickoff returns for 24 yards.


http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=806961 ... g-for-spot

_________________
Phinfever Facebook

Image


Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Image


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5455
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Cut them both is what I voted. Keep Bush, Thomas, Miller and the FB that runs LBs over.


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 pm
Profile
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5356
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
I don't get the infatuation with Thigpen. The guy has almost returned every kick in the preseason....which tells me he's going to make the team. Personally Rishard Matthews has caught every ball thrown his way and never got a chance with the first team. He is easily better as a rookie than Naanee, Cunningham, Wallace and Hogan.


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 834
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Makchell wrote:
Cut them both is what I voted. Keep Bush, Thomas, Miller and the FB that runs LBs over.


My thoughts exactly. That was awesome when Lane punished that dude last night.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

lmao the announcer said "Oh my"

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Slaton makes the roster easily. He's been good this Pre Season and they need to keep 4 backs.

Thigpen looks to have a spot locked up. I consider him a WR though.


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 834
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Steve Zissou wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Cut them both is what I voted. Keep Bush, Thomas, Miller and the FB that runs LBs over.


My thoughts exactly. That was awesome when Lane punished that dude last night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDHxtAPz3cw[/youtube]

lmao the announcer said "Oh my"



Ok I feel like a moron. Can someone PM me how to post a youtube video. Thanks

_________________
Image


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Steve Zissou wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Cut them both is what I voted. Keep Bush, Thomas, Miller and the FB that runs LBs over.


My thoughts exactly. That was awesome when Lane punished that dude last night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDHxtAPz3cw[/youtube]

lmao the announcer said "Oh my"



Ok I feel like a moron. Can someone PM me how to post a youtube video. Thanks


Took care of it for you. All you need is that random group of letters/numbers after the "v="....so it's the "gDHxtAPz3cw" inside the youtube code, in this case.


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8032
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
I said to cut them both, but if I had to keep one it would be Slaton. Thigpen hasn't impressed me at all.

_________________
Phinfever Facebook

Image


Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Image


Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3846
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
Trade Slaton to Det. for a 5th Rd. pick.


Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5047
Post Re: Who do you keep between Steve Slaton or Marcus Thigpen?
NFLJunkie wrote:
I don't get the infatuation with Thigpen. The guy has almost returned every kick in the preseason....which tells me he's going to make the team. Personally Rishard Matthews has caught every ball thrown his way and never got a chance with the first team. He is easily better as a rookie than Naanee, Cunningham, Wallace and Hogan.


I agree, I too like Matthews. The kid has caught everything thrown his way in games this preseason. I'm hoping he makes the roster even if he just winds up returning kickoffs or punts. I'd much rather keep him as a 6th receiver than keep Slaton or Thigpen. I think Bush, Thomas, Miller, and Lane will be more than enough guys to put in the backfield.


Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], swerve13 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.