Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:26 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:

A breakdown of how the Dolphins’ receivers view their chances:

Clyde Gates ...

“I feel very confident that I will make this team,” he said. “I feel like I had a pretty good camp once I overcame the (hamstring) injury.”

Chris Hogan

“I feel pretty good,” he said. “I think I really performed well in camp and OTAs. I think I’ve earned the trust of the coaches and the quarterbacks, which I think is pretty huge.”

Roberto Wallace ...

“I don’t think I’ve played enough, honestly, but we’ll see,” he said. “This is my third time around, this is nothing new to me, I’ve always felt like I’ve been battling to make this team. They don’t really tell us much. No one’s really got anything locked down. We’ll see what happens.”

Marlon Moore ...

“It feels good, but you never know what the coaches are thinking,” Moore said. “We’ll see what happens come Friday, and just hope for the best.”

Jeff Fuller ...

“I’m definitely not going to get any special privileges just because I went to A&M,” he said. “I don’t think it will help me, but I feel like I got a little jumpstart on the offense, and that helped me out. I feel like I did my best, and come tomorrow we’ll figure out if I did enough.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... m-the-wrs/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Fuller has no shot of making it, IMO. Cunningham and Hogan are the 2 practice squad WR's, I think.

Matthews definitely earned himself a roster spot. Between his play at WR all Pre Season, his ability to return kicks, and his play on coverage units I don't see how he doesn't make it. Thigpen is the only threat out of the slot behind Bess, and seems to have locked down the punt return job, so I think he's safe too.

Bess, Hartline, Matthews, Thigpen are 4 locks. If Miami pulls off a trade for James Jones I think Naanee is cut. I could see Gates on as the 6th WR, but only if they don't get one in the waiver wire, which is unlikely. I don't see Wallace making it. Moore is 50/50, but I don't see the point in keeping a guy who hasn't gotten better in 3 years and has very little talent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Jones might get cut. Word out of GB is that they have 2 prospects that are looking good competing for 1 roster spot. This is a rumor of course, but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Jones might get cut. Word out of GB is that they have 2 prospects that are looking good competing for 1 roster spot. This is a rumor of course, but you never know.

Driver has locked up a roster spot according to reports.

So Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver are all locks, presumably ahead of Jones.

Although rotoworld reported yesterday that he's been their 2nd best WR in camp. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 368&spln=1

So who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Fuller has no shot of making it, IMO. Cunningham and Hogan are the 2 practice squad WR's, I think.

Matthews definitely earned himself a roster spot. Between his play at WR all Pre Season, his ability to return kicks, and his play on coverage units I don't see how he doesn't make it. Thigpen is the only threat out of the slot behind Bess, and seems to have locked down the punt return job, so I think he's safe too.

Bess, Hartline, Matthews, Thigpen are 4 locks. If Miami pulls off a trade for James Jones I think Naanee is cut. I could see Gates on as the 6th WR, but only if they don't get one in the waiver wire, which is unlikely. I don't see Wallace making it. Moore is 50/50, but I don't see the point in keeping a guy who hasn't gotten better in 3 years and has very little talent.

You know what sucks about our WR core? Our secondary doesn't get tested in practice .... then it's like a brick to the face when they will eventually go up against quality wideouts in the regular season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:22 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
BenVolinPBP For ex, Hartline has been out all preseason with a calf injury, and maybe could use a 6-week IR stint. But is calf a "major injury?"
2 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
BenVolinPBP But apparently that player haves to have a "major injury." Hope "major injury" is spelled out, because that produces a lot of gray area
3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
BenVolinPBP RT @AdamSchefter: Teams now will be allowed to re-activate one player from Reserve/Injured during the 2012 season

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BenVolinPBP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I tore my calf in the beginning of the summer player softball. It was a "grade 1" tear which means it will heal on it's on. Doc said 2-4 weeks but I rehabed hard. Wade had the same injury during the playoffs where he herad a "pop", he came back after a week. So, if hartline has a higher grade (if that is what he has) he might need surgery to repair it. BTW, I was back on the field in 2 weeks which was dumb, I had a setback. Body doesn't heal like it use to in your mid 30s...lol. 100% now though, i tested it surfing during Isaac.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Him getting cut would be a stroke of luck for us. Then we would only need to find one more receiver to get us through this season. Yes he isn't the greatest receiver in the world but he's at least a veteran receiver who understands the way our coaching staff want's it's players to play. I have no doubt he'd be able to start week one. Honestly I'd rather have Jones over Wallace, Moore, or Naanee. If the offer presented itself I'd have no issue with us offering up a mid to late round pick to get him, but of course getting him for free would be much better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I saw something just go across the bottom ticker on nfl network about Miami rumored to be working on a deal for James Jones. Heard he's having his best camp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Cowboys waived WR Tim Benford
Benford showed impressive hands and route running in training camp, but he was outplayed by Cole Beasley, Dwayne Harris and Andre Holmes in preseason action.

this name caught my eye on the cut list. Dallas just drafted this kid and he was a really good prospect leading up to the draft. Cowboys had a bunch of good young receivers have a good camp. So he was a victim of the numbers game. Lot's of draft analysts really liked Benford.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:40 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Gates speed means nothing to me if he can't run routes nor catch a football.

Hard Knocks has done a good job making me cheer for Chris Hogan.

Wouldn't be upset if either is cut/kept.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]