Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... line_stack

Good grief, .... I guess we can wait for the next big trade news.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:58 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

My enthusiasm for this year is seriously shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

..........sigh...............

with the reality of a strike in the NHL and the uncertainty of what is going on with the Phins, my excitement for fall and winter sports has dropped.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What is wrong with the article? How are they walking a fine line? Thier boss said to not discuss business outside of "work" and what kind of questions are those? Of course they are gonna miss Vontae. You build relationships with people at work and when they leave or get fired, it's tough. At least the players are starting to get the message that no one is untouchable. It's put up or get the hell out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bush's comment wasn't bad. Dansby basically said what a lot of people on here said..Vontae is a great player and he doesn't know why they traded him. He is openly questioning Philbins thinking. I'm not 100%, but my guess is those two are heading for a showdown. The Cam Cameron - Joey Porter type of showdown. Depending on how Philbin handles that...is whether he loses the team, or moves on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Here's my problem with Dansby. He needs to play up to the contract we gave him and make plays. Basically he needs to mind his business and be the playmaker we thought he was.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If they cut Dansby and Bush for the little they said, then this organization will have turned into the Gestapo. Personally, I think it's Sportwirters making up sensationalistic stories. Though Bush is in the final year of his contract, he's our best Offensive Playmaker. The Offense is in no position to trade him away.

Dansby is a bit of a different story, but he's getting about $9 mil this year. The way I see it, the only real option to trade him would be for another Team's player with similar contractual terms.

Though, I'm not crazy about the Davis trade, there is some logic to it. In comparison to other positions, we're fairily deep at CB. Vontae was deemed expendable for the right offer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If they cut Dansby and Bush for the little they said, then this organization will have turned into the Gestapo. Personally, I think it's Sportwirters making up sensationalistic stories. Though Bush is in the final year of his contract, he's our best Offensive Playmaker. The Offense is in no position to trade him away.

Dansby is a bit of a different story, but he's getting about $9 mil this year. The way I see it, the only real option to trade him would be for another Team's player with similar contractual terms.

Though, I'm not crazy about the Davis trade, there is some logic to it. In comparison to other positions, we're fairily deep at CB. Vontae was deemed expendable for the right offer.

I agree 100% that's why I think the title to this thread is a little misleading. They said the cliche political correct response.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

If I were either of those two, then getting out of Miami might not be a bad thing. Miami is rebuilding. They cannot be part of the long term thinking. So I'd expect at least Dansby to be traded sometime.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:04 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

So why let your players talk to the press?

Make them all say no comment over and over or something stupid. Only a fool would not think these reporters are not going to drill them about the 1st round CB being traded.

I read what they wrote, and see nothing wrong with it. Dansby simply said
Quote:
"I don't know what the situation was or what occurred to cause the trade.

"He's a great player, one of the best corners in the game. I'm not sure about the direction of the team. That's not my place. My place is to play hard and be the leader of men."

Bush said even less.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:32 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Pretty hypocritical for the FO/coaching staff to ask these guys not to talk. They are, after all, the focus of a tv show every week, in which players are chastised, cut, etc. on camera. Sorry, I don't blame these guys at all. There are a lot of contradicting and mixed messages coming from the people running this ship.

The Philbin era is off to a rocky start, and it doesn't help that right now this team looks like it could go 1-15.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

fonzy wrote:
Pretty hypocritical for the FO/coaching staff to ask these guys not to talk.

Why? It isn't as if the coaching staff us cutting players and then telling the media how terrible they were.

Quote:
They are, after all, the focus of a tv show every week, in which players are chastised, cut, etc. on camera.

So what? That is the nature of the employer, employee relationship. Since when did we become sensitive to the way coaches talk to players???

Quote:
Sorry, I don't blame these guys at all. There are a lot of contradicting and mixed messages coming from the people running this ship.

I don't see the contradictions or mixed messages. I see a very decisive coaching staff who has a very clear direction and isn't wasting any time going in that direction. We may not agree with the direction, but they are very clear in what they want to do.

Quote:
The Philbin era is off to a rocky start, and it doesn't help that right now this team looks like it could go 1-15.

And this "rocky" start and how the preseason starts won't mean much if the season starts off well...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I got to agree with Rich here. Philbin has been given an old, worn out engine that may get you to work & back but can't get you out of town. The man needs to take things apart & decide what he thinks is worth keeping.

I personally don't have any attachments to most of our players, & that includes Dansby. That fool doesn't even realize that the reason the press wants to talk to him is because he'll likely give them what they're looking for

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Coaches telling players to keep things "in house" while there are cameras all over the facility to pull back the curtain on the team and get a behind the scenes look at everything is a mixed message.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

This is Philbin's organization now. He didn't pick these players. Let him build his team.
Ireland finds talent. Coaching never held them accountable and that causes regression instead of progression.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am 

fonzy wrote:
Coaches telling players to keep things "in house" while there are cameras all over the facility to pull back the curtain on the team and get a behind the scenes look at everything is a mixed message.

The cameras are filming everything being said by coaching AND players.

The coaches aren't holding press conferences to rip the players...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rich wrote:
fonzy wrote:

The cameras are filming everything being said by coaching AND players.

The coaches aren't holding press conferences to rip the players...

I agree Rich. But this is why if I were an owner I would never agree to do Hard knocks & I guess it is why the better teams are reluctant to do it. Everything gets aired. With a rookie coach & knowing we might start a rookie QB & after the off season I still cant see why Ross agreed to do this ...oh I guess I can but it did not increase ticket sales is the latest word.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with Mak, what is wrong with this Article? OK, so Dansby and Bush got their wrist slapped. I think Philbin is smart enough to realize that everyone is human, they were teammates and friends with Vontae, they starting giving their personal opinion and Philbin stepped in and suggested they dont and they stopped , end of story.

Come on now, let's not make this into more than it should be.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]