Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO6UgIg1AU4
Here is the full video. I was already impressed with this kid after watching the five minute clip, but now I'm 100% behind us taking this kid at #8 after watching this video. I've learned more about Tannehill watching this 25 minute video than I ever could hope to learn about him unless I'd watched all of his games. This kid has a cannon and from the video and listening to the conversation it looks like this kid is ready to go. He knows the terminology, he knows the formations, and he has the physical tools to make any throw the NFL West Coast offense would ask of him. This kid is a legit 1st round pick in my opinion. Watching him go through his reads and reach the 5th guy on the chain before dumping it down was a thing of beauty. Knowing that he can read defenses and knowing that he has the confidence to audible is huge. Especially after the Henne fiasco. I'm trying not to get too caught up in the hype about this kid because I don't want to be upset if we go in a different direction on Thursday, but I just can't help myself. I'm sold that we should draft this kid. I don't care if he'll take one season on the bench to develop. I'm ok with that. After seeing what this kid is capable of physically, and seeing where he is mentally, I'm sold that this can be a future franchise quarterback. The NFL style offense he runs and the NFL type throws he makes are mind blowing when you consider he's only been a starting quarterback for a year and a half. The types of throws he's making with the timing and anticipation he has is excellent. I haven't in my entire life seen the Dolphins draft a kid with the level of skill and NFL preparation that Tannehill has. I don't think outside of Andrew Luck that there is another college quarterback that has been prepared for the NFL as well as Ryan Tannehill is. Not even RG3. I fully agree with all of the experts that think this kid will be a good quarterback at the next level. The hype surrounding him is well founded. When this kid gets developed he's going to be a great quarterback.
Gruden said it best when he said that whoever drafts Tannehill will get the keys to one heck of a prospect. I hope we get those keys.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]