All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It seems to be a buzz about Justin Blackmon being on the board at #8 now. If he and Tannehill are available, who do you take?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

I really like Justin Blackmon's beast worthiness, but I have to go with Tannehill here. We can't continue to avoid the QB position.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't think the Rams will pass him up, but I saw another mock with DT Fletcher Cox mocked to the Rams.

I know Jeff Fisher loves DT, but supposedly one of the reasons he choose the Rams was because of QB Sam Bradford. Well, Sam needs some weapons to work with. I still think Blackmon is the pick, but I thought I would put the question out there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I guess my decision depends on what our staff thinks of Tannehill. He's the key to this entire draft for us. If Philbin and Ireland agree that Tannehill meets all of their criteria and they agree that he's a future franchise quarterback, then I think we will do what is necessary to get him. And I think that is the correct move. If you have a shot at a potential franchise quarterback, and quarterback is an area of need for you, then you've got to pull the trigger.

But if we aren't 100% sold on Tannehill, then Blackmon is a nice choice. But then again I think Reiff and Barron are also good choices, ones we could likely trade back a few places and still get. If the Dolphins aren't sold on Tannehill, and Blackmon is still there, I'd use him as trade bait in order to get multiple picks and I'd trade back. Remember how much Atlanta gave up to get Julio Jones? Well we'd likely get something similiar to that if we found the right trade partner. If that is the case and some team is willing to give up a bunch of picks for Blackmon then I'd trade back and happily take the picks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

i go with Tannehill because there are other receivers in this draft that will go on to have better careers than Blackmon.

Rule #1. Never pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one already

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
i go with Tannehill because there are other receivers in this draft that will go on to have better careers than Blackmon.

Rule #1. Never pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one already

I agree 100% with you on this. Franchise quarterbacks trump all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I have been one of the biggest loudest proponents of us nutting it up and picking a QB in the first round for the first time in about 30 years. And I like Tannehill and would not be upset if the Phins took him at 8. But if Justin Blackmon is still on the board, I would take him in a heartbeat. Matt Moore has already deserved the right to be given a chance as a starter. Give him a dynamic weapon like Blackmon and having a whole off-season to prepare and he Moore might be the answer at QB.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I really don't care who else is available. I'm taking Tannehill if he's on the board.

That said, I think Ireland goes with Blackmon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 am 

Its time to pull the trigger already ... take the QB. True , he might not be deserving at 8 but its time to grow a pair.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Its time to pull the trigger already ... take the QB. True , he might not be deserving at 8 but its time to grow a pair.

Yep...even if he's a flop at least we can all agreed that for ONCE we tried.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:12 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Take Blackmon. Draft Weeden. Done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MNDolfan wrote:
Take Blackmon. Draft Weeden. Done.

Draft Tannehill, take any of the other receivers in this ridiculously deep WR class because Philbin said this is an offense that will spread it around the idea is that there is no true number 1, otherwise we might as well have kept Brandon Marshall. Done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Iowafin wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I disagree only take a guy if you are convinced he is the right guy. Just taking one so you can say you tried would be a bad decision. IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I disagree only take a guy if you are convinced he is the right guy. Just taking one so you can say you tried would be a bad decision. IMO.

Not just a guy....but a quarterback. A quarterback that's worked under Sherman...a 1st round quarterback. My thought before this draft process started was Tannehill was a 17-28 guy. Is he a little overpriced by pick 8? I'm not condoning taking a stab into the dark, but for once putting aside the worries and grabbing a guy. Were there concerns with Quinn? Yeah, but even if he failed in Miami I'd have been happy with the pick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:24 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

If Miami passes on Tannehill then that means they're not sold on him. We won't know till Thursday night. Ireland is not showing his hand. That's good because several teams are trying to sucker Miami into moving up to get Tannehill.

If Miami passes on Tannehill, then I hope they address their need for a pass rusher. I said it before and I'll say it again, to use your first pick to replace a player you just traded, is an exercise in futility. One step forward, one step backwards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

gatorphin wrote:
If Miami passes on Tannehill, then I hope they address their need for a pass rusher. I said it before and I'll say it again, to use your first pick to replace a player you just traded, is an exercise in futility. One step forward, one step backwards.

So you just leave the void?

That's just sheer nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
gatorphin wrote:

I am not saying, leave the void. To me to use your first pick to replace Marshall is sheer nonsense. While other teams are using their first pick to improve their team, Miami will be like a revovling door.
Trade a WR, use your #1 to replace him.

You can get a WR later. How about round #2. I read where the WR for Arizona, Juron Criner is similar in size to Marshall. 6'3" 224 lbs. While he may need to develop his route running skills, he has arguably the best hands in the draft. Food for thought.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

gatorphin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
gatorphin wrote:

I am not saying, leave the void. To me to use your first pick to replace Marshall is sheer nonsense. While other teams are using their first pick to improve their team, Miami will be like a revovling door.
Trade a WR, use your #1 to replace him.

You can get a WR later. How about round #2. I read where the WR for Arizona, Juron Criner is similar in size to Marshall. 6'3" 224 lbs. While he may need to develop his route running skills, he has arguably the best hands in the draft. Food for thought.

Wouldn't it be worse to use the pick you traded Marshall for on a WR?

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]